32 and TTC #1

sekhmet2013

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new here, so thought I'd post an intro thread to introduce myself.

I'm 32 and my hubby is 40. We've been married for 6 years this month, and are finally in a position to start TTC! I stopped taking the BCP in April, and we're on cycle #3 TTC. I'm tracking my BBT and trying to determine when I ovulate. I don't think I ovulated the first two cycles, but based on my BBT I'm pretty confident that I did the last cycle, on CD17. I'm currently on CD11 and we just started using Preseed this month (after the going off the BCP, I haven't had any fertile CM). So I'm looking to test at the end this month.

A couple of questions for those more knowledgeable about these things than I am...

I've read a lot about sex every day vs. every other day, and was wondering if anyone has any insight or experience? My hubby and I are more than happy to BD every night, but I worry that every other night will be better for TTC.

Also, my luteal phase is typically around 12 days. Is that too short, should I be worried?

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I'm new here, so thought I'd post an intro thread to introduce myself.

I'm 32 and my hubby is 40. We've been married for 6 years this month, and are finally in a position to start TTC! I stopped taking the BCP in April, and we're on cycle #3 TTC. I'm tracking my BBT and trying to determine when I ovulate. I don't think I ovulated the first two cycles, but based on my BBT I'm pretty confident that I did the last cycle, on CD17. I'm currently on CD11 and we just started using Preseed this month (after the going off the BCP, I haven't had any fertile CM). So I'm looking to test at the end this month.

A couple of questions for those more knowledgeable about these things than I am...

I've read a lot about sex every day vs. every other day, and was wondering if anyone has any insight or experience? My hubby and I are more than happy to BD every night, but I worry that every other night will be better for TTC.

Also, my luteal phase is typically around 12 days. Is that too short, should I be worried?

Thanks!

Hi!

I'm also new, but we have a few things in common: I'm also 32 and trying for my first. This is my first cycle trying. I'm temping and tracking cm. I don't have extensive experience, but from everything I've read, luteal phase of 12-14 (some reports say 10-17 days) is considered normal. A LP of 10 days or less would be cause for concern. Regarding how often to BD, reports that I read indicate that those without known sperm issues should BD frequently. The following excerpt if from Fertilityfriend.com:

"There has been some speculation that couples who are trying to conceive should reduce the frequency of sexual intercourse during the fertile window to increase sperm supply. This is not true for most couples. While couples with known male factor issues should consult their doctor for the best intercourse strategy, couples with normal fertility and no known sperm issues should not reduce the frequency of intercourse in the fertile window. Your probability of conception is increased when you have intercourse multiple times in your fertile window. While it is true that sperm concentrations decrease slightly with increasing intercourse frequency, frequent intercourse is still more likely to result in conception than infrequent intercourse for couples with no male factor fertility issues. Each additional act of intercourse within your fertile window increases your probability of conception for that cycle."

I'd love to be buddies! It's great to have someone to talk to all of this stuff about. The Mister has NO idea that I'm obsessing over this whole thing. :dohh:

Hi!

I'm also new, but we have a few things in common: I'm also 32 and trying for my first. This is my first cycle trying. I'm temping and tracking cm. I don't have extensive experience, but from everything I've read, luteal phase of 12-14 (some reports say 10-17 days) is considered normal. A LP of 10 days or less would be cause for concern. Regarding how often to BD, reports that I read indicate that those without known sperm issues should BD frequently. The following excerpt if from Fertilityfriend.com:

"There has been some speculation that couples who are trying to conceive should reduce the frequency of sexual intercourse during the fertile window to increase sperm supply. This is not true for most couples. While couples with known male factor issues should consult their doctor for the best intercourse strategy, couples with normal fertility and no known sperm issues should not reduce the frequency of intercourse in the fertile window. Your probability of conception is increased when you have intercourse multiple times in your fertile window. While it is true that sperm concentrations decrease slightly with increasing intercourse frequency, frequent intercourse is still more likely to result in conception than infrequent intercourse for couples with no male factor fertility issues. Each additional act of intercourse within your fertile window increases your probability of conception for that cycle."

I'd love to be buddies! It's great to have someone to talk to all of this stuff about. The Mister has NO idea that I'm obsessing over this whole thing. :dohh:

Hi Enigma! We do have quite a bit in common, and thanks for the response. My DH definitely does not realize how much I'm obsessing over all of this, haha. So it's nice to have others to commiserate!

Thanks for that information, it makes me feel better! I'm also just using BBT and CM, and haven't gone to OPKs yet. I feel like I'm already obsessing over enough things for now. But I suppose if I go a few more cycles with no luck, I may look into it.

LOL! I would never tell him, otherwise he'd think I'm completely psycho. You're more than welcome. I've been reading and researching about this stuff non-stop. I ordered some of the cheap-o OPK sticks off Amazon a while ago and I started using them today. I'm on CD11, looking to test around the 23rd.

Thanks!

Hi!

Thanks for this info about BD every other day vs. every day. I was wondering about this too!

Hi ladies. I'm 33 and still trying for #1. Am I too old or can I join? :haha:

This is my first cycle on clomid 50mg and I'm praying something sticks this month! I can't take much more rejection. Does anyone else feel a little old or is it just me? I keep thinking I should have done this 10 yrs ago lol

This is my first cycle on clomid 50mg and I'm praying something sticks this month! I can't take much more rejection. Does anyone else feel a little old or is it just me? I keep thinking I should have done this 10 yrs ago lol

I didn't start the thread, but I'm going to be presumptuous and say you're more than welcome. LOL! I'm certain our time is coming soon. I can feel it! OMG, I felt old BEFORE I came to this forum, but now having read so many posts, I REALLY feel late to the party. There are so many women, much younger than I, who have already started. It makes me really nervous and uncertain about my fertility. Even though I've read so many things that say at our age we have very little to worry about, I can't help but be concerned. Add that to the fact that I feel like I need to get started because I want 2-3. This whole process is stressful, but worth it.

Hopefully the Clomid will be the extra boost you need and you'll have your own little bundle of joy in no time. Sending positive thoughts and BD your way.

MnGmakes, of course you're welcome! And I know what you both mean, I'm definitely feeling a bit old and like I should've started a long time ago. Especially since I also want 2-3. I worry about my fertility and I also worry about my husband's, since he's 40. But although we've been together 10 years, only now are we truly ready to have a baby. And ya know, nowadays being in our early 30's is not a big deal!

Sending positive thoughts and baby dust to you both!!

Hi everyone!

Hopefully I can join in. I am 30 in less than a month and DH is 32. We are in the same boat, in that we are starting late. We are currently going through the struggles of not being able to get pregnant right away after trying for the last 5 months; a big part of that was being that I was not OVing for the last couple of months. As with you ladies, the DH doesn't know how much I'm stressing over this. Everyone around me is announcing their fall expecting dates and I wonder how it could be so difficult for some while others don't even try...

Hi! I'm 32 and also TTC # 1. We have been NTNP for a year and a half. I have just now started OPK the last few months. I haven't gotten into temping so I can't help anyone out there. I am currently on the last leg of a TWW. Planning to test Friday which is 10 dpo. I know a little early, but I can't help it. Honestly I feel like it will never happen so I already go into it expecting a BFN. Debbie Downer I am tonight. :cry:

Hi everyone!

Hopefully I can join in. I am 30 in less than a month and DH is 32. We are in the same boat, in that we are starting late. We are currently going through the struggles of not being able to get pregnant right away after trying for the last 5 months; a big part of that was being that I was not OVing for the last couple of months. As with you ladies, the DH doesn't know how much I'm stressing over this. Everyone around me is announcing their fall expecting dates and I wonder how it could be so difficult for some while others don't even try...

I call them fertile Mertyl's lol. Let's hope this is our month!
:dust:

Hi! I'm 32 and also TTC # 1. We have been NTNP for a year and a half. I have just now started OPK the last few months. I haven't gotten into temping so I can't help anyone out there. I am currently on the last leg of a TWW. Planning to test Friday which is 10 dpo. I know a little early, but I can't help it. Honestly I feel like it will never happen so I already go into it expecting a BFN. Debbie Downer I am tonight. :cry:

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Month after month I was expecting BFNs and would get so nasty friends thought something was up. I finally I got so sick of all the temping and opk's that I dropped it all. I stopped posting on the forums cause everyone else's symptom spotting made me want to... That month I was 3 days late and i got so excited all for nothing. :cry:

I didn't start the thread, but I'm going to be presumptuous and say you're more than welcome. LOL! I'm certain our time is coming soon. I can feel it! OMG, I felt old BEFORE I came to this forum, but now having read so many posts, I REALLY feel late to the party. There are so many women, much younger than I, who have already started. It makes me really nervous and uncertain about my fertility. Even though I've read so many things that say at our age we have very little to worry about, I can't help but be concerned. Add that to the fact that I feel like I need to get started because I want 2-3. This whole process is stressful, but worth it.

Hopefully the Clomid will be the extra boost you need and you'll have your own little bundle of joy in no time. Sending positive thoughts and BD your way.

Thanks! I know there's tons of people out there late to the party but it seems like it's a "oh we tried and bam, it happened" with them. I just want to smack those people haha
My mom had me when she was 20 and I grew up thinking I'd do that as well... except I'd probably be divorced living on the streets by now.
Does anyone else get pressure from family? I even stopped calling them bc they mention it at some point in the conversation. We can talk for 30 mins and at the very end it's like a jab..."oh and any baby news yet?!"...::wacko:

It's going to happen! I know it's difficult to remain positive over time, but you have to try. :hugs: Deep breaths, positives thoughts, and soon enough the perfect sperm is going to meet your perfect egg and give you your perfect baby. :cloud9: Baby dust to you!

Thanks! I know there's tons of people out there late to the party but it seems like it's a "oh we tried and bam, it happened" with them. I just want to smack those people haha
My mom had me when she was 20 and I grew up thinking I'd do that as well... except I'd probably be divorced living on the streets by now.
Does anyone else get pressure from family? I even stopped calling them bc they mention it at some point in the conversation. We can talk for 30 mins and at the very end it's like a jab..."oh and any baby news yet?!"...::wacko:

No one knows that we're trying. I wanted to keep the external pressure as low as possible, but I've been hearing those types of things for years. When I was 26 my step-mother told me that I "must not be planning to have kids because everyone who wants them has them by now." :nope: Really??? And of course the older I get, the more I hear, "when are you going to have a baby?"

There's also the other side of the coin. I have more and more people telling me that I shouldn't have kids because "life will change so much and you won't be able to travel and get up and go like you're accustomed to." All of these people annoy me. LOL

No one knows that we're trying. I wanted to keep the external pressure as low as possible, but I've been hearing those types of things for years. When I was 26 my step-mother told me that I "must not be planning to have kids because everyone who wants them has them by now." :nope: Really??? And of course the older I get, the more I hear, "when are you going to have a baby?"

There's also the other side of the coin. I have more and more people telling me that I shouldn't have kids because "life will change so much and you won't be able to travel and get up and go like you're accustomed to." All of these people annoy me. LOL

Yes!! Your last sentence is definitely true. A good friend of mine who's usually the life of the party is 7 months pregnant and she was sitting around like a bump on a log on the 4th. Made me think about how much everything might change.
I do still want to travel and do lots of things but I'm ok with putting that aside to pass down my culture and memories.
In the meantime we'll just :ignore: the annoying people lol

Exactly. Although, that's much easier said than done. :-/

Exactly. Although, that's much easier said than done. :-/

Thanks for the reminder :p

How long have you been running? The most I every did was a 5k here and there. I've wanted to get back into it but just can't find the time :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->