32 weeks and not bought anything yet!!??

shoefay

Reaction score
Hi all,
Am really stressing and hope some of you are in the same position! I am 32 weeks tomorrow and have NO baby things at all! We have been getting house renovations done (including baby's room) so have no room for anything and everything is covered in dust, but people keep asking me about what sleeping bags, nappies, changing mat I have chosen and it is stressing me out that I have run out if time! I also have a very busy job with long hours so there has not been much time to think about it all yet!
I have 4 weeks off before due date so am thinking I can get everything then? Don't even yet know what I need! Although am getting loads of big things handed down from family like Bugaboo, cot and high chair.

Would love to hear is anyone else is disorganised as me! And do I really need everything from those lists you see in baby magazines???

Good luck to all in your third tri
Xxxxx

I know exactly how you feel, I'm 34 weeks and I've been feeling massively unprepared. We are in the process of moving house so keep saying we'll "sort it when we move" and "no point buying stuff to lug to the new house" but now I'm 34 weeks! Can't keep waiting so went a little mad on Amazon a couple of days ago and I feel a bit better for it.

Its bit too late, even if you had nothing you would be ok. Like my mum said to me, she had barely anything because people didn't make such a big deal out of it years ago. They were fine and didn't stress about it as they just got what they needed if they needed it.

But....you sound like me and want things organised!

I have hardly anything. I mean I have the big stuff like a crib and changing table, but basically nothing else because I'm waiting for my baby showers at the end of this month. It's driving me a bit crazy. I don't even have any clothing!

Thanks ladies, feel so much better! I keep thinking I will get everything once the renovation are done, but time is ticking on!
My sister did give me some good advice though, said if I can breastfeed then all I need when the baby arrives is some nappies, babygro's and my boobs!

mislissa, we have we same name I think, makes me feel better that perhaps there is another disorganised Melissa out there!

Am going to do some Internet shopping this weekend when I have to properly sit down and think about it!

We have a buggy and a bag of bits (some muslins, a small amount of clothes, and a toy dragon that I fell in love with and had to buy) and I have my breast pump, but other than that we have nothing!

It's not because we've been disorganised though - we have chosen the crib, cotbed, changing table, wardrobe etc but we haven't bought it yet because we only painted the nursery last week so we didn't have anywhere to put it. Hubbie needs to put the carpet back down and I need to paint my mural on the wall and then we'll be good to go. Our furniture is John Lewis and Ikea so as long as they deliver quickly I hope to have it all in for 34/35 weeks.

This was always our plan - we didn't want to have the nursery finished at 25 weeks and spend the next 4 months staring at it!

We also don't really get the urgency to have EVERYTHING baby could ever possible need before he/she arrives. The shops will still be there once baby is born, and I actually think needing a few more muslins/baby gro's etc will be a really good excuse for me to get out of the house with baby. Otherwise I can see how easy it would be to become a bit of a hermit for the first few weeks, which I really want to avoid.

I think we had everything purchased by the time I was about 36 weeks, here is the list of everything we have!

- Cot bed (with changing table attachment on the top)
- 3 in 1 travel system pram (pram, stroller, car seat)
- Rio Concord baby rocker
- A large stash of cloth nappies (about 30 in size 1, 15 in size 2) with inserts & wraps, plus a nappy pail
-Newborn disposable nappies (about 4 packs)
-Baby wipes (about 12 packs) - got a great deal off Amazon with the disposables & wipes
- Cotton wool (for wiping baby when he is a new born)
- Oodles of clothes in new born, 0-3 months, 3-6 months sizes (probably too many!)
- Changing bag
- Nursing pillow
- 3 pairs of sheets for the crib plus a bedding bundle (blanket, bumpers, sheets, coverlet)
- Lots of knitted blankets
- Dummies
- Electric breast pump & bottles + microwave steriliser kit
- Baby monitor
- Gro Egg room temp thing
- Baby shampoo, talc, creams, thermometer
- Sleeping bags (for when he is a bit older) & swaddles
- Toys, books (gifts from baby shower)

I think that is it lol!!

I think we had everything purchased by the time I was about 36 weeks, here is the list of everything we have!

- Cot bed (with changing table attachment on the top)
- 3 in 1 travel system pram (pram, stroller, car seat)
- Rio Concord baby rocker
- A large stash of cloth nappies (about 30 in size 1, 15 in size 2) with inserts & wraps, plus a nappy pail
-Newborn disposable nappies (about 4 packs)
-Baby wipes (about 12 packs) - got a great deal off Amazon with the disposables & wipes
- Cotton wool (for wiping baby when he is a new born)
- Oodles of clothes in new born, 0-3 months, 3-6 months sizes (probably too many!)
- Changing bag
- Nursing pillow
- 3 pairs of sheets for the crib plus a bedding bundle (blanket, bumpers, sheets, coverlet)
- Lots of knitted blankets
- Dummies
- Electric breast pump & bottles + microwave steriliser kit
- Baby monitor
- Gro Egg room temp thing
- Baby shampoo, talc, creams, thermometer
- Sleeping bags (for when he is a bit older) & swaddles
- Toys, books (gifts from baby shower)

I think that is it lol!!

Dani did you realise (as you're going for cloth nappies) that you can get washable wipes as well? The one we are getting are bamboo and look like tiny flannels. They will cost about £20 for 25 wipes and they last forever. We figured we could chuck the wipe into the nappy bin with the used nappies and just wash them all together. Thought it might be worth a mention for when your disposable ones run out (though we are keeping a few packs of disposable ones for when we're out and about) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->