• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

33 1/2, ttc #1.

Hey all!

It's been a busy week already, and it's only Tuesday night. I did start my new job yesterday, and I'm liking it so far.

DH has a job interview this Thursday, so I'm hoping that he'll be able to join me soon. We Skype'd tonight- I don't know how people manage long-distance relationships. :(

Kits, fx for you- I hope you get your sticky bean! The tww is horrible, so I hope the nice spring weather will help you keep your mind off of it.

Savvy, I'm sorry about AF, and it sucks that she's being such a witch. I hope it eases up soon and you'll be on to a new cycle. You'll have an awesome RE in your corner this time, so this summer will be great for you. :happydance:

Lesli, glad you like your new job! Hopefully your hubby can join you there asap, keeping my fx'd for a good interview for him!

I am not happy about AF but I am so glad that I have an appointment with the RE next week, I am hoping she can focus on extending my LP and maybe that will do the trick. I was hoping for the new years baby...oh well, on to February 2015! :)

Hey ladies! Savvy, so glad you're seeing an RE. Why did your OB refuse to do a SA for your hubby? That seems odd.

Mrshan, congrats on the new job and house! Hope your hubby can join you soon! Good luck to him on his interview!

Kits, thanks for the hugs, we are doing ok all things considered. However, a few days after the funeral we find out that my OH best friend just lost his father. Now we have to go to that funeral this friday. That's two fridays in a row for funerals! There better not be another funeral next friday!

I am in my tww again. Temp was super high yesterday and today, but yesterday I felt ill. Body aches, warm, no appetite, tired. I'm feeling a little better today. I know it's way too early for implantation or pregnancy symptoms so I must have been fighting off something. I never get sick, haven't had the flu in at least 10 years! So hopefully yesterday was the worst of it. Fingers crossed again!

button, the OB said he saw no reason to give my hubby a SA...even after I told him about his hernia surgery and how that doctor told my hubby it could possibly interfere with his fertility. I think the OB I saw was an idiot and I was probably a bigger idiot for actually listening to him and wasting the last 4 months.

I am sorry you were feeling well but hopefully your body won the fight. Temps are looking good, lets hope they stay up high with a bfp! :)

Hi Ladies!!

Sorry it's been soo long since I'd posted, been a crazy crazy few weeks.

My manager told me he's been asked to lead a new project, so he won't be my manager anymore (which was pc for he's being demoted). Then, the day he was suppose to tell everyone, 1 of my other co-workers I work directly with put in a two weeks notice. We had a huge production release scheduled for the Saturday I was out on vacation.

So I took my "vacation" last week and it was ... not as great as expected, but good to get away and hang out with my girlfriends. One was very OCD so it made things uncomfortable, however we still had a good time.
Not to mention that I had to work on Saturday to help with that release.
Now I'm back home, but still on "PTO" since I have my surgery scheduled for tomorrow. However no one at work truly knows what/when/why. I just said I was on vacation for two weeks.

Today was pre-op appts and fighting work fires from email. Lovely. Tomorrow is surgery. I've had surgery before, but my loving DH is soo freaked out... it's starting to freak me out. Then the doctor wants me to stay overnight, which I didn't know until today. Oh well.

Glad everyone is doing good and making it through. Thinking of you all and sending prayers your ways.

Nona.

P.S.. here are some photos of my girls' trip for your enjoyment.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/rv5xj2b1ackig5g/z9TARkgQ1a

Looks like a fun time, Nona! Try not to worry about your surgery. It'll be just fine. :hugs:

I literally spent 8 hours cleaning my house yesterday, and I'm sore as hell. It was worth it though, because I showed my Michigan house to my friends (and former roommates, as it so happens), and it sounds like they're going to put in an offer to buy it!! DH is should hear about the job next week, so hopefully they'll call on Monday or Tuesday. Things are moving along. :thumbup:

As far as TTC, we're just biding our time until probably August. It's a good time to get back to my summer weight so I can get back in to my summer clothes. I gained 30 lbs over the winter, and I don't want it to get used to hanging around, lol. :dohh:

Good luck with your surgery Nona, I hope you are recovering!

Lesli, glad it looks like you have a buyer for your MI house and hopefully your hubby will get some good news soon!

I mentioned back last week my Grandpa was very sick, unfortunately he passed away Thursday. We have been super busy getting things ready for his funeral...the biggest issue is that we had to schedule the visitation for Tuesday, the day of my first RE appointment. It looks like I am going to have to reschedule my appointment since I am not in the right mind to be making major decisions right now.

Oh Savvy, I'm so sorry. :cry: :hug:

I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

I'm so sorry Savvy. May your grandpa rest in peace. Many prayers your way.

Savvy I'm sorry for your loss. Many condolences to you and your family.

How is everyone's week?

This is shark week for us. Of course my parents are coming to stay with is this weekend during my most fertile days. Maybe we can bookend the weekend with BD and still catch that egg? Attempt number 5 for us and I hope it's the one that works! I just bought a new bikini for our beach trip in August and I hope it doesn't fit by then.

Thanks girls, it has been tough for me, my mom and the rest of our family. I just can't believe he is gone :(

I am bummed too because I had to cancel my RE appointment that was scheduled for tomorrow. Of course they don't have any appointments available until June.

imphope, good luck with shark week! Hoping your bikini doesn't fit in August!

Hey ladies! Just stopping in to say hi! I'm 10 dpo, haven't tested yet. I got a good temp spike this morning so if it stays up tomorrow I will test, if it drops I won't. Wish me luck!

Hey ladies! Just stopping in to say hi! I'm 10 dpo, haven't tested yet. I got a good temp spike this morning so if it stays up tomorrow I will test, if it drops I won't. Wish me luck!

Button your temp went up! Did you test? I hope you get some happy results!

Thanks girls, it has been tough for me, my mom and the rest of our family. I just can't believe he is gone :(

I am bummed too because I had to cancel my RE appointment that was scheduled for tomorrow. Of course they don't have any appointments available until June.

imphope, good luck with shark week! Hoping your bikini doesn't fit in August!

I'm so sorry Savvy. You'll be ok. You'll still tracking and all. Seeing the Re in June is not too bad. Hopefully they will be very good and get you on a good path.

imhope...that's funny about the bikini. No one ever says they hope they don't fit into their bikini lol.

I did test on 11 dpo BFN. Then my temp started to decline so I haven't tested since. I'm convinced I'm out. Af is due saturday, but I wouldn't be surprised if it arrived sometime Friday. I have had brown spotting for 3 days now and this morning was a drop below my coverline. This was our 13th cycle of actively ttc. Ugh! Infertility dr on May 19th, can't come soon enough :(

Hey Ladies,

While on my girl's trip the one of my friends told me about having seeing a doctor of Naturopathy and having a test done with an EDS machine. the machine uses pressure points in the hand to detect imbalances in hormones among other things.

Her reading indicated that she was low on progesterone, afterwhich she started taking progesterone and evening primrose oil pills. Soon after doing both she of course got pregnant.

Now I'm not saying this is the cure all for getting a bfp, as we are all different and will need something specific to our situation.

I just seen so many posts from other women who also have had the surgery to not get pregnant. I'm trying other options as well to try and increase my chances as much as possible. So I saw a dr. of neuropathy here and ordered a hair analysis as she didn't have an eds machine.

The results from the hair analysis take about a week to come back.

We talked for about 30 minutes over my history before the cut some of my hair for the analysis. The last thing she talked about, which is what I'm really interested in sharing, is about bd after potential implantation, especially for women that have had a mc. Basically don't! Since the egg is attempting to implant, vigorous activities should be avoided. Sperm from bd could make the uterine walls too slippery for the egg to attach properly. So no bd right before your next cycle!

Clearly this information is subjective, and for women that get pregnant easily it would sound silly. However, I'm open to trying anything that make even a little sense, especially considering my age.

Ok. Good luck to our BFP!

Nona that is some very interesting info about the hair analysis and the bd after implantation. Keep us posted!

Still no O here yet. We can't bd with my parents here anyway. Both of is are so stressed with work, the upcoming move, home buying, etc that I don't feel like this cycle will be the one, but who knows. My cm doesn't seem to be like it usually is( typically lots of ewcm right before O) and my opks are still super light. Can stress affect cm? Guess we will keep trying as usual. How is everyone else's weekend?

I'm feeling a bit emotional with all the Mother's Day celebrating. Knowing that if I hadn't had an MC in Feb I would probably be showing by now.

Today is hard for me too knowing that so many other girls I know are either already mothers or are posting there announcements on Mother's Day...

I am positive the rest of us here will be Mother's soon, hopefully by next Mother's Day!

Nona, thanks, good info on the implantation. We usually don't BD during the tww because I had read something similar once and as we all know my tww is usually only 8-9 days anyways.

I am on CD14 and we haven't BD at all and I haven't even done an OPK...last week was crazy busy and just too stressful, plus I was exhausted. Then we went to the lake house with my parents so no BDing then. Back home now and hoping to start SMEP tonight!

Hey Ladies,

It's been a long 5 months from a ttc perspective. Kinda tired.

I had a +opk yesterday, but - today. Even then, dh is too worried about me and my insides to bd this cycle.

Oh, and I updated my previous post. The dr was a dr of Naturopathy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->