Hi I used to be on depo but I've been off since 2008 too. My cycles have been very irregular since then even more so then they were before I was on it. I just started TTC so we'll see how things go. But I JUST started having normal cycles a couple months ago. My doc gave me some estrogen pills and they seem to have worked. Good Luck!

Hi hun.
I was on the Depo, never again.
My period have JUST got back to regualar after around a year.
:]
Good luck!
xxx

It took me 4 years to get my first bfp which ended in mc in December. Got this bfp 2 months later.

Don't give up hope, you'll get there in the end:flower:. I'm really angry still that nobody mentioned to me that there is a good chance that my long term fertility would be affected by my having the depo injection. It should come with a bloody big warning pamphlet!!!

It took me 4 years to get my first bfp which ended in mc in December. Got this bfp 2 months later.

Don't give up hope, you'll get there in the end:flower:. I'm really angry still that nobody mentioned to me that there is a good chance that my long term fertility would be affected by my having the depo injection. It should come with a bloody big warning pamphlet!!!

Oh boy that's awful. I'm glad you finally got your :bfp: I hope that doesn't happen to me I only got 2 injections!! And that was 2 years ago!! :nope:

I had one depo shot in 2006 and it took me a year and a half to conceive after that. I went through rounds of clomid and 3 IUIs. Then, I decided I had enough and went off all hormones and gave up. 2 months later I got a BFP! I now have a beautiful 1 year old boy and my cycles are very regular - trying for another one now!

Hang in there!

Hiya.... I can off depo just over a year go.... I had a smear test the other and found I have "espesy" which is like a bruising of the cervix caused by long term use of the depo injetion..... I have been bleeding constantly for 4 weeks now......I just hope my fertility comes back soon......
xxxxx

Melody_23 - When the docs were trying to find out what the problem was with me (solid bleeding for 8 months) it was because my lining was so thin.

Yatta89 - Yeah I was given estrogen patchs and prog pills! had to take them for 3 months and it seemed to smooth everything out to normal cycles

CandyApple19 - Thank you :)

jeanettekaren - Im not very happy that no one mentioned to me either about the issues it would cause your fertility after coming of it! ...

I only had 3 injections all together.. and I was always spotting while I was on it anyway!

FX FOR US ALL AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR STORYS
I will never go on the depo again!

Although I am not sure if it is due to the depo, after I got off of it we had unprotected sex for the last 10 years and it took until now to get pregnant, but we also were not trying for 9 of those 10 years.

I had the same problem as you, after discontinuing depo I bled for 6 months, I was put on regular birth control pills to fix it. I had a lot of bad side effects from depo, never again for me either.

Good Luck & Lots of Baby Dust for everyone!!!

Its the worse type of contraceptive out there it should be banned no one tells you about the problems you will have once you come off it. Never again will i ever ever use it.

Hello,

It has been a good few years since I gave up the depo but thought I would give you a bit of hope.
I came off depo to TTC, took me almost 2 years to conceive DD and she is now a bright and bubbly 5 year old. I then fell PG with DS 8 months after the birth of DD.
It will happen, but in my experience it does take a lot longer than I thought to get your cycles back on track.
I had actually given up ttc when I conceived DD.
I would also NEVER use depo again.

I suppose what I am trying to say is, although it did affect my cycles short term (too long for me too) , eventually they did get back to 'normal' and I now have two georgeous children.

Wishing you all the luck in the world...I know how frustrating the waiting is, especially over a long period of time.
And I also think is it terrible that they do not inform you of the long term effects.

:dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->