34 TTC #2 and looking for a buddy

AmberM85

Reaction score
Hello!! My husband and I are currently TTC our second baby and I’m looking for a buddy.

I’m 34 years old and we have a 6 year old boy ♥️ We decided to keep our efforts private so I don’t have anyone to share this with but I would love to have someone to chat with about it. I had our first son when I was 28, we lost a pregnancy 2 months before I got pregnant with him and lost another when he was 2 years old. My age and history scare me a little but I feel like I’m getting old in the world of baby making so we are going for it. I’m so excited and I feel like we are so much more prepared and in a really good place to welcome a new wee one into our family.

I’m currently in my fertile window and have a cold but that’s not stopping me lol, my husband is being “used for his goods”.

Crossing my fingers!

Hello! Love to be TTC buddies. I'm 33 and came off BC 3 weeks ago to TTC#3. We have a 7 year old DD and a 2.5 year old DS.

We have sort of NTNP this month, i haven't used opks or anything so no idea where i am in a cycle having just come off bc, sort of waiting for AF to get an indication. I have bought some cheap pregnancy tests as feel i may need to test along the way as we aren't avoiding.

Our DD took 2 cycles to conceive and our DS 12 cycles. How long has it taken you previously to conceive? Is this your first cycle this time round?

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. That must have been very tough to go through.

Using hubbie for his goods haha love it! Glad your cold hasnt got in the way. We have also been full of cold but hopefully on its way out!

Hi! Thanks for replying, I’m so excited! I love that we both have a kiddo close to the same age! I love this age, he’s nuts and always says and does the funniest things. We told him yesterday that we are trying for another, he’s going to the dr with me to get my yearly and talk to the dr about trying to get pregnant and we didn’t want him to find out that way. He’s so excited and wants a sister, he spent the rest of the evening telling me how much he loves me and how he can’t wait to be a big brother. He’s the best kid ever.

I was able to get pregnant the first month all three times I’ve been pregnant so I’m hopeful this time around will be the same and we’ll have a positive test in a few weeks! I feel so lucky it’s been that way for us, I hope my age hasn’t changed that. We didn’t try or prevent with our son and to our surprise we had a positive test when I visited the dr for meds to start my period after the mc. My pregnancy with him really helped me get through our loss and his sweet little face helped me through the second loss. They were hard but I’m thankful I had him. Little boy has no idea how much he did for me.

This is my first cycle trying.nI’m not letting hubby say no right now, we’ve waited so long to try for another, I’m ready to go! I wasn’t on board for a while, I was afraid and I really liked our little family of three. We have a good thing going and I was afraid another baby would change it or that I would go through another mc. But then hubby started asking me more and more over the last 6+ months and the more I thought about it the more I realized another baby would just add happiness to it and our son would make such a great big brother. He has been asking me for a sibling for years and when hubby started asking I couldn’t say no anymore. Now that I’ve made up my mind I’m impatient and ready!

Do you have any fears going in to this pregnancy? Were you sick with your other 2? Are they excited or do they know you’re trying? I’m looking forward to connecting with you!!

Amber

Hello! Love to be TTC buddies. I'm 33 and came off BC 3 weeks ago to TTC#3. We have a 7 year old DD and a 2.5 year old DS.

We have sort of NTNP this month, i haven't used opks or anything so no idea where i am in a cycle having just come off bc, sort of waiting for AF to get an indication. I have bought some cheap pregnancy tests as feel i may need to test along the way as we aren't avoiding.

Our DD took 2 cycles to conceive and our DS 12 cycles. How long has it taken you previously to conceive? Is this your first cycle this time round?

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. That must have been very tough to go through.

Using hubbie for his goods haha love it! Glad your cold hasnt got in the way. We have also been full of cold but hopefully on its way out!

I am 32 and TTC #2. Our daughter is 4.5, will be 5 in December. Hubby and I started trying again last June, when my IUD came out. I literally got pregnant right away. It resulted in a blighted ovum, which I read is common with the Mirena IUD :( Once everything was out October 1st (no D&C, thank goodness), we started trying again, since my cycles were back to normal after that. I got a BFN in November, so I went on birth control to make sure my cycles were regulated, since they were not normal with the IUD. Come April 7th, I stopped my last pack and we started trying again.

Now here I am, AF started 2 days early :(

I thought for sure I was pregnant cuz I had all the symptoms that I had with my first pregnancy. Stupid AF...

We are starting cycle #3 for #2 now. I am bummed because I really wanted to announce to my family on Father's Day! Hoping it will happen in time to announce for my dad's birthday, which is in early August.

Hubby and I decided if we do not get pregnant by the end of this year, we are not trying anymore. He's almost 36, and I'll be 33 in October, and neither of us wanted kids past these ages. The issues with the blighted ovum really held us back. I would love to give my daughter a sibling (she keeps asking to pray for a baby inside me), and it breaks my heart that it may not happen. But we're leaving it up to God, and praying about it <3

(It took 2 cycles to get pregnant with #1, and I was 28 when I had her. Hubby kept asking when we could start trying for #2 about 2 years ago, but I would literally have a panic attack at the thought of having 2 children, when my daughter was only 2! Finally, last year was when I felt ok enough with that thought, especially now since she's older and more independent. She would make an amazing big sister too!)

Hi Amber, how lovely that you have told your little boy. We hadn't even thought about telling them. I think my ds is too young to understand and as it took a year to conceive him i don't think we will tell my dd as it was a long challenging wait even for us and we just don't know whats in store this time. I think its so sweet that your little boy can join in the excitement.

Hi kmpssbl! Will you be telling your daughter? Gosh you've been through it and shame it delayed things for you. I really hope things go smoothly for you now and you get your bfp soon!!!

I felt nauseous for a couple of weeks with both but only threw up once with my first pregnancy and not in my second so was very lucky there. I felt exhausted second time round and towards the end had terrible all over body itches apparently because he was a boy my body didn't like the boy dna! My stomach was also way bigger even though he was smaller lol. Definitely found it harder second time so just a bit nervous about what it would be like third time round! However very lucky with labours and second was even better - born 45 mins of arriving at hospital and healed so quickly. I am a bit nervous that i have been so lucky not to have ever had a mc or any real problems (12 months ttc was hard and sad at the time but nothing compared to what some people go through) and have two healthy children from it are we pushing our luck going for a third.

How did you both find pregnancy and labour? Any fears other than from the experiences you've had with mc and blighted ovum?

Will you both be monitored closely?

Baby dust to us all!! X

Hi ladies!
I'm 26 and OH is 29. We are TTC baby number 1.. we do however have 3 furbabies. Currently on my second cycle and 6dpo. I was on the pill, came off it in April. So excited for all of you! Love how positive your posts are xx

Can I join too? I’m 32 next month with a two year old little girl. Going off BC in a month to try for number two. I wasn’t going to have another one because of fear of pregnancy but I swear once I wobbled a little bit the broody switch went on in my brain and I am thinking only of babies all the time!

Can I join too? I’m 32 next month with a two year old little girl. Going off BC in a month to try for number two. I wasn’t going to have another one because of fear of pregnancy but I swear once I wobbled a little bit the broody switch went on in my brain and I am thinking only of babies all the time!
Happy birthday to your princess!

Hi Amber, how lovely that you have told your little boy. We hadn't even thought about telling them. I think my ds is too young to understand and as it took a year to conceive him i don't think we will tell my dd as it was a long challenging wait even for us and we just don't know whats in store this time. I think its so sweet that your little boy can join in the excitement.

Hi kmpssbl! Will you be telling your daughter? Gosh you've been through it and shame it delayed things for you. I really hope things go smoothly for you now and you get your bfp soon!!!

I felt nauseous for a couple of weeks with both but only threw up once with my first pregnancy and not in my second so was very lucky there. I felt exhausted second time round and towards the end had terrible all over body itches apparently because he was a boy my body didn't like the boy dna! My stomach was also way bigger even though he was smaller lol. Definitely found it harder second time so just a bit nervous about what it would be like third time round! However very lucky with labours and second was even better - born 45 mins of arriving at hospital and healed so quickly. I am a bit nervous that i have been so lucky not to have ever had a mc or any real problems (12 months ttc was hard and sad at the time but nothing compared to what some people go through) and have two healthy children from it are we pushing our luck going for a third.

How did you both find pregnancy and labour? Any fears other than from the experiences you've had with mc and blighted ovum?

Will you both be monitored closely?

Baby dust to us all!! X

When it happens, we will tell her she'll be a big sister. Last time, we had gotten her a shirt that said "Best sister ever", and that's how we told hubby's dad. We told his mom by having our daughter tell her she was going to be a big sister. Ever since then, she's been asking lol.

The pregnancy was problem-free. My only issue was that I gained 40lbs lol! I am anemic, so I had to take iron pills for a while too, and after delivery. Labor was also problem-free, thank God. I was in labor for 10.5 hours total. Pushed for, I think, 40 minutes, and she was out, healthy as can be. The epidural was hardest part for me because I hate needles and the feeling just freaks me out. Hubby couldn't comfort me while they put it in for safety reasons. But my nurse was a gift from Heaven and held me tight and close during the procedure, so that was nice!

AF just arrived yesterday so looks like we may be on a similar timeframe! This is my first since stopping bc at the beginning of May. Shes back with a vengence! Excited to know where i am (hopefully getting back to normal now) and be able to estimate fertile window etc.

Hi Cath and symphony7!

Oooo i don't like needles either, sounds like a great nurse to have had there. Lovely you had a problem free labour. Haha I'm no good with lb - I'm in the UK we work in kg. I was so huge with my little boy, im quite petite but my stomach stuck soooo far out. I honestly kept thinking how can i get any bigger but i still did! Goodness knows what a third time will be like!

We did the tshirt thing when we found out 2nd time we were pregnant. It was so cute we took a photo of dd to share with our parents -she couldn't read and didn't have a clue! I gave that tshirt to my oh to tell him. After trying for a year he didn't believe it, was such a lovely moment.

Hope everyone's weeks are going well

Hi...... im 38 and ttc my last child age is definitely not on my side :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"