34 week cotractions

twinkle93

very happy mummy to be
Reaction score
My first daughter was born at 34 weeks. Labour started at 28 weeks and was stopped by medication, waters went spontaneously at 33 weeks then she was delivered at 34.

Yesterday at 3pm I started with contractions (had loads of Braxton Hicks for 10 week now so knew these were the start of contractions, they were painful and regular Gradually got worse and I managed to get on to delivery suite for 6pm. By this point I was in lots of pain between contractions too, couldn’t carch a break at all and was faint, ready to vomit. Midwife monitored contractions and fast tracked the doctor, they checked baby was head down and got steroids ready but on examination cervix was still closed?! By 9.30pm it had all stopped and I felt human again.
My first labour with my daughter at 28weeks was very similiar. Nauseous horrendous pain very quickly (but I dilated to 2cm) when I finally went into labour to deliver at 34, it was textbook slow start, mild cramps together with the tightenings etc leading to active labour just as you’d expect.

Why are these first attempts at labour so so hard? Has anyone experienced anything similiar?

I hope that’s it until I go into labour properly, text book early labour calm slow buildings cramps are amazing compared to last night!

Thanks ladies

It's good that you went to get checked out but unfortunately what you've experienced may happen again as an irritable uterus is more common in subsequent pregnancies. For my past 3 pregnancies I occasionally get painful contractions a few minutes apart but that don't do anything, with my last I mistook labour for the same thing as they feel exactly the same. It's very annoying so I hope it doesn't happen to you again.

By mistook labour I mean I was actually in labour but didn't realise it as I just assumed it was more pointless contractions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->