34 weeks and early labor!

I'm really surprised they haven't admitted you if you're only 34 weeks! !

I managed to get some sleep only to be woken up with super strong contractions and lower back pains

Yeay for some sleep!
Hopefully today is the day :hugs:

I have to say, my hospital would have kept you in, too, due to your gestation (I called them at 36+6 and they said that about me).
When you said you spoke to the doctor, was that your GP or someone in labour and delivery?

Aw :hug:
That can't be nice. I suppose the knowledge that you kept your baby in a few extra days is good but little consolation when you are feeling so uncomfortable with it. I hope you manage to get some rest tonight :hugs:

I managed some sleep but had my apt today and was a bit discouraged. Although I went from being firm to 40-50% effaced, I have had no change in dilation. I was told its effacement that really matters and was scheduled for another appt next week if I make it to then

I would try and relax I'd the same thing and I'm still here

I had my labour stopped at 30 weeks, had steroid injections and got put on bed rest. I stayed 2cm dilated until my labour started again at exactly 35 weeks and he arrived during the early hours of 35+2. I went from 4cms to 10 in a few hours :shrug:

Good luck! :hugs:

Here's my story with a happy ending!

"....I went into preterm labor yesterday...at 31 weeks

Well, there went my textbook pregnancy....

Luckily, the doctors were able to stop the labor, but I have a long road (possibly 8 weeks!) of strict bedrest ahead of me...

Yesterday morning DH and I had sex. It was the first time in a few weeks, because the last time was uncomfortable and painful. I had cramping after my orgasm for about a half hour, and finding a position that worked was killing the mood. Anyway, yesterday morning the mood struck, and it was wonderful until the cramping started...

All of the books tell you that cramping after sex is normal, unless it lasts more than 30-60 minutes. My cramping was mild at first, like I had experienced previously, but it wasn't going away. I started making DH and I a breakfast, all the while feeling this cramping. The pain was starting to go into my legs, so I just dismissed it for sciatic pain.

About 1.5 hours after sex, I was experiencing VERY strong cramps, strong enough that I had to breath through them. They were also right on top of each other, maybe 1-2 minutes apart and 30 seconds long. At this point, I had no idea what was happening. I surely didn't think it was real labor. Our hospital is right down the street, so we decided to head to Labor and Delivery. When I was hooked up to the monitor, the nurses told me I was definitely having contractions, 2-3 minutes apart. Still, they weren't horrible; I could manage the pain with breathing.

When the doctor came in, they did an internal exam (OH MY GOD, why didn't someone tell me how painful that is!!!!) and determined that I was 1cm dilated, 75% effaced, and Harper is at labor station -1/-2. So she is VERY low, sitting on a very thin cervix.

I was given a Brethine shot to stop the contractions, but I was told if it didn't work, they would have to give me magnesium and a steroid for Harper's lung development if she would be born premature. Luckily, it never came to that, as the Brethine worked. They sent me home a few hours later with Procardia 4 times a day, and strict bed rest. I can only lay on one of my sides and get up to change rooms, go to the bathroom, or fix myself a snack. I have to drink about 150 oz of water a day to keep my irritated uterine muscles hydrated and happy......"

".... This is just an update for anyone going through the same thing now.

I went into labor at 37 weeks, the DAY I was released from bedrest and taken of procardia. Harper Olivia was born 2/7/12 at 19in 5lbs 15oz!

Labor was about 14 hours long, but I had an epidural, and I can honestly say labor was a great and wonderful experience! I actually preferred labor to pregnancy, HA!..."

Well last night I thought my water broke. I heard a pop and instantly felt wet. But there was no gush and I haven't felt like I'm peeing myself so I'm not positive on what it was/is...

Well last night I thought my water broke. I heard a pop and instantly felt wet. But there was no gush and I haven't felt like I'm peeing myself so I'm not positive on what it was/is...

It doesn't have to be a gush of water. Call your doc immediately!!

I was checked out once in case I was leaking, just before I had my DS. It was quite quick and straightforward and then I went home. If you are in any doubt at all, then put a pad in and call the hospital to see what they advise.

Please go to the hospital. Being a previous NICU mommy I am worried about you and your baby. Been following you on this thread the past couple of days and after seeing my obgyn on Thursday I am just so much mkre convinced that baby should be in better care for now and if labour could have been stopped it would have been even better. Not judging by any chance since I knlw countries do things differently from each other, but I am genuinly worried over you and your baby's health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->