34 weeks and early labor!

I really wish you'd go in...just in case baby isn't ready to be coming this early! My first came at 36+3 and he still had nicu time. He had to come out due to preeclampsia, but man if I had the choice I would rather have stayed pregnant an extra week or 4 so he could've gone home with me.

35 weeks seems like it will be ok, but honestly all week long at only 34 weeks I would've been in asking them to stop labor. I hope you and baby do ok! I encourage you to go in.

My last was born at 34 weeks my waters went but no contractions I was given steroid shots and antibiotics with the hope of keeping her in a few more weeks, until I had a trace done where her heartbeat was really high so was induced there and then, my other daughter was born at 35 weeks after a 2 hour labour from first niggle to her being born and both stayed in for a week, in incubators with jaundice. I'd do anything this time to have a full term baby even thought my girls went 'poorly' as such it was a horrible experience and think you hospital should be monitoring you a lot closer. Both my prem labours I had to be at strapped to the monitors on a bed in my back the whole labour as early baby's don't take contact ions as well as term babies I really would urge you to go to your maternity unit and demand to stay in for he sake of your precious unborn baby. Wishing you the best of luck xx

I have to agree with u girls it happened to me 3 weeks ago. I was terrified the doctor was telling me my baby would most definatly be in ICU they gave me.steroids and thank god the cintractions stopped and im now full term it was a very scary experience. I really think you need to be at hospital.

I went in the other night when I thought my waters were leaking, they tested it, it was negative and they monitored my contractions. At 34 weeks Yale no longer stops labor they just let you go. So going back in does nothing for me. I'll be sent home and told to come back when it gets unbearable. I'm 35 weeks tomorrow

Is it possible you maybe had a false labour and could still be waiting at 40 weeks? Its all so laid back there by the sounds of it

Sorry also you mentioned spotting you need to have that seen too

I went in the other night when I thought my waters were leaking, they tested it, it was negative and they monitored my contractions. At 34 weeks Yale no longer stops labor they just let you go. So going back in does nothing for me. I'll be sent home and told to come back when it gets unbearable. I'm 35 weeks tomorrow

I wouldn't wait for it to get unbearable. I never got to that point in my previous labor. I managed quite well through it all. Not everyone's labor is unbearable.

I'd chain myself to their desk if they kept sending me home with painful contractions that were 5-8 minutes apart :shrug:

I think that as long as you keep them updated about your progress and don't hesitate to contact them when anything changes (changes in movement, more intense contractions, spotting) ultimately there is nothing you can do then but wait it out at home. I might not wait until it's unbearable as you don't want to risk an early baby homebirth. But if you can't change their policy all you can do is your best and try to stay safe :hugs:

Big hugs for the continuation of this. It has been a long one for you but your baby is still cooking so there is one advantage. :hugs:

I've also spotted through my whole pregnancy so at this point they tell me if I'm "spotting more than usual" to call. She's been moving as usual, the spotting has stopped and contractions aren't really becoming more intense. I'm effacing more but not dilating more according to the dr Friday night

Congratulations! You made it to 35w now! Maybe she'll stay in a few more days?
Have they offered or given you steroids?

I still have a few more hours till 35 weeks here but that is my first goal! So thank you! They have said nothing about steroids to me. Even when i spoke to my dr thinking I had a leak, he said he wouldn't induce me and would keep me in the hospital to wait for labor to start on its own but said nothing about steroid injections

They wont give the steroids past 34 weeks i think ull be fine for another few weeks i feltnexcatly thw same and ive had contractions on and off for about 4 weeks now so keep cooking the baby ��

Today my seemingly almost painless contractions have turned ugly. They are more crampy feeling

Good luck, mama! I hope she keeps on cooking! My 35 weeker spent 3 weeks in the NICU.

Thanks ladies but they keep getting worse. Probably not far off from calling the dr soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->