34 weeks and early labor!

By the way, I had regular, but painless contractions for two days straight prior to going into "real" labor last time. Even if you're not in "real" labor, it does sound like your body is getting ready for it at the very least.

Is it defo contractions and not strong BH's?

Just want to point out that braxton hicks ARE contractions. It must be confusing for the OP whether or not she's in true labor. I hope things stay steady for you and that you're able to keep your little one in for another couple weeks. Good luck!

Thank you for feeling the need to correct me :) Im sure the OP (and everyone else) is well aware what I meant :coffee:

While they are technically contractions, the difference is that BHs don't cause you to dilate. It can be hard to distinguish prodromal labour from early active labour, too. I was in prodromal labour for 3 weeks(!) with DD before she arrived. Like, full regular contractions throughout the day every day (some of which I had to breathe through) that fizzled out at night. I only knew I was in active labour when they didn't stop at night or when I took a bath, but otherwise they felt the same, and sure enough my midwife confirmed I was in active labour.
Sometimes the baby's position can cause the early start-and-stop labour like you're describing (that was true in my case), and either way, it's probably doing good things to your body to help you prepare. :)

I found this interesting!

https://spinningbabies.com/more-inf...-when-early-labor-lingers-or-starts-and-stops

Should 2 soaking pairs of underwear be cause for concern? 4.5hrs and 2 pairs

If you don't think it's urine, then yes, get it checked out! It might be your water going slowly.

Any update my waters broke last night they r starting me at 12

I have a Drs appt at 10:45! So she's going to address the issue then! Woke up with awful low back pain and contractions today too.

Good luck Jennie!

Hope you can cook a little longer Ashley!

It went well! Dr said to call when contractions become strong and regular at 5 minutes apart

I hope you're not in too much pain and that your LO stays cooking a while longer :). I had a similar experience with my 2nd LO (bar the possible leaking waters) at 36 weeks- daily frequent contractions, dilated to 3cm, lost lots of plug, but she stayed cooking until 41 weeks :). Apparently it is common for ladies on their 2nd+ LO to experience pre-labour which lasts for weeks!

She tested it and said its possible to have a small tear or a "hind tear" but because when I am tested it doesn't show up there's nothing that can be done....so we wait

She's still cooking. As I become more and more in pain. They took me off the procardia not that it actually helped anyway haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->