34 weeks and heading into L&D

PregnantKitty

Reaction score
Been having contractions for over an hour about 4 mins apart. Some are really painful. Some not so much. Not sure if it's false labor or what but it's not stopping so im headed in. Wish me luck.

Ooh, good luck!! Keep us updated if you can...

Well i just had the resident OB in and she checked me. She was an absolute bitch and i am not happy with her. She was accusatory about my hubby and i having sex even though my OB said it was fine.

I have dilated from a 2 to between a 3-4 and am still contracting.

They're going to try to stop labor and then send me to a different hospital because this one is somehow full...

:hugs: they sound rubbish!! Hope everything is ok x

They're pretty awful in the ER but they've got me up to maternity now. They decided not to transfer me and i have my own room so that's nice. They also gave me some meds for the pain as the contractions were getting horrid and now im quite loopy and feeling a lor better but they still haven't stopped the labor yet.
:/

At 34 weeks my hospital no longer stops labor....are you sure they will stop it?

My doctor said they wont stop labor after 34 weeks. Keep us posted and I'm wishing you and your baby lots & lots of blessings. Sorry you had an annoying OB at the beginning. Maternity ward is night and day compared to the ER floor. :flower:

Thanks guys. They gave me some pill that's supposed to stop the contractions and it seems to have made them sporadic and not as intense, so that's good. They said if this doesnt work though that they arent going to do anything else to stop labor so it's a waiting game.

I feel like ass. My head hurts and i am really weak and every time i get up to pee i have more contractions and start shaking. I'm thinking this is gonna be a really, really long labor. I almost wish they hadnt tried to stop it so i could just be done with this all.

They wont even let me eat anything and i havent eaten in forever. :(

Im miserable.

Oh no :( thinking about you! My last pregnancy I went into preterm labor 4 times. The last time was at 36 +5 and it took 4 shots to stop them. I ended up delivering at 37+1. Those shots made me SICK. I ended up throwing up and passing out. I was so weak from not being able to eat while I was there having them stopped. Ask for some ice chips. I really hate hearing you are going through this.

Just a quick update,
They are sending me home. I have to take another of these pills to keep from contracting anymore as im still having the occasional contraction, but overall everything has stopped so yaaay. I am gonna go eat. This mama is hungry.

Enjoy your food and Im glad that your labour has stopped! Good to let baby bake for a few weeks longer!

I have to take Procardia every 6 hours, am being put on bedrest, and friday i have to come in for a non-stress test and the nurse said I'll likely have weekly ones until i go into labor.

Since I'm 34 weeks im not sure why they're being so aggressive against labor but im happy little one will have more time to develop. Though it's frustrating because these pills make me feel weak, give me a constant headache and have made my wrists and ankles swell up and i still have the random contractions.

Do you guys think i should ask my OB about not taking them and just letting myself go into labor or do you think i should continue to stop it?

Tbh im not really ready for all of this and really overwhelmed. I dunno how im supposed to be on bedrest when my husband works a lot and i have a toddler, either. Just really worried about a lot, right now.

I think it's definitely worth stopping for another few weeks babies at 34 weeks are still under developed and have a high chance of spending time in the nicu. I've had a 34 and a 35 weeker both were in incubators until temps feeding and jaundice were ok. And now nearly 3 years on have had my youngest diagnosed with white matter brain damage, caused by increased spinal fluid and as a prem baby they cant cope with it. only mild may I add but affects her walking ability. Not meaning to scare you but I with no doubt would put up with the horrible side affects for a bit at least. I'm hoping this time my baby will be term at least.

I was on procardia since 28 weeks and was told that I needed to stop it at 35....so not sure why they are putting you on it now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->