34 weeks and heading into L&D

Aw man.. LO definitely dropped last night. My pelvis feels like it's gonna split open.
Then just a bit ago i went potty and there was what im guessing was either my mucous plug or start of my bloody show as there was bloody mucous (tmi sorry) when i wiped.
Should i call my docs after hours and ask them if i should be concerned? They said to call if there's any blood but the after hours from my experience is less than helpful usually. Sigh..
I dont wanna go back to the hospital.

I'd wait it out til morning to see if contractions pick back up, by then youll know to just go in or ull be able to call .... I bet you will have your LO in the next few days though! I know the plug can rejuvenate itself as I lost mine at 24 wks and nothing happened ...same with my last pregnancy at 30 wks.... But it also never had blood , so I'm not sure .... but if its your bloody show I'm pretty sure something is still happening down there and definitely do kick counts too..... GL!!

Yes I would call - I had my dd at 34w and everything you posted is what happened with me. Meds at Hosp on Friday, sent home sat, then water broke Sunday and she was born!

Good luck

Just an fyi, unless n there was a reason because of the medication they gave you it is ok to eat small amounts in labor. Put your foot down on it .

I'd wait it out til morning to see if contractions pick back up, by then youll know to just go in or ull be able to call .... I bet you will have your LO in the next few days though! I know the plug can rejuvenate itself as I lost mine at 24 wks and nothing happened ...same with my last pregnancy at 30 wks.... But it also never had blood , so I'm not sure .... but if its your bloody show I'm pretty sure something is still happening down there and definitely do kick counts too..... GL!!

She's VERY active constantly so thankfully i dont need to worry about that. lol. but yeah i think I'll wait until morning as i have a 9am appt anyway.

Yes I would call - I had my dd at 34w and everything you posted is what happened with me. Meds at Hosp on Friday, sent home sat, then water broke Sunday and she was born!

Good luck

I think im gonna wait until morning but i agree I'll likely have her sooner rather than later.

Just an fyi, unless n there was a reason because of the medication they gave you it is ok to eat small amounts in labor. Put your foot down on it .

This is my 3rd kid at 2 different hospitals and they refuse to let you eat when you're in for labor. I dunno where you live but from mt expereince it's just how things are in the hospitals around here, unfortunately.
:/

Just realized ur from MI :) so am I! About 3 hrs south of GR..... I hear u on the struggle with food while in labor.... Even when I was induced and in labor for 25 hrs they only gave me ice chips.... Pure torture.... Well keep us posted after ur apt, Hopefully u make it til then!

Michigan here too. Also a ways south of you. Best of luck in everything to you.

I'm in San Diego and was allowed to eat. They did try to stop me but I argued with them and agreed to v small amounts. I had a c section and it made no difference since there was hours in between. I'm British and my SIL told me she was allowed small amounts too, sometimes your body needs it. At the end of the day they can't stop you.

Im in the UK and had two babies and dont recall ever being asked not to eat? That is such nonsense, your body needs food! In fact when I was in full blown labour with my second and I was close to delivery I remember the porter popping her head around the door to see if I wanted any fish and chips bringing in :rofl: I declined as politely as is possible when in that much pain :lol:

Gosh when I was in labor I had the cafeteria's ambassador come up to me several times to ask what I wanted to eat and looking very offended when I said nothing. The midwife also told me I could eat small amounts if I were hungry but I didn't really want to eat at the time. I think I just felt super hot and needed anything to cool off with.

Hope everything is going well with you.

Im at the docs now doing the nonstress test. We'll see how it goes. Still very uncomfortable.

But yeah i had a thread with my last on here about the differences between the UK and US and that seemed to be one major difference. They dont like you to eat here in labor and they seem to want you to over there. :/

That and you guys get gas and air and we do not.

That's true about the gas and air. I'd never even heard of it until I came to this website. Here in Canada they'll give you oxygen, but no gas and air. Funny thing is my grandmother recently told me that they gave it to her for each of her 6 deliveries (from 1957 to 1972). So I guess they've abandonned the practice. Anyway I wish we still had that option here.

And good luck PregnantKitty!

So my non-stress test went well he said and baby is looking great but then he said he wants me to come in twice a week for non-stress tests until i have her so maybe there's something he's not telling me..?
I dunno. At any rate he said we're just gonna try to make it to 36 weeks so I'm guessing he thinks i won't make it much longer. Sooo yeah.. That's where things stand. Not sure what to make of all of this.

Hope baby gets to cook as long as possible!

The rationale behind the food is that on the chance they have to put you under general anesthesia it could make you vomit & aspirate/choke. They just don't want to be liable for that. Total cover our ass kind of thing.

In Connecticut, Yale hospital is the first to bring gas and air into practice!!!! That's my hospital so I might try that!

In Connecticut, Yale hospital is the first to bring gas and air into practice!!!! That's my hospital so I might try that!

They gave me something in my IV that i cant remember the name of when i was contracting really bad and omg was it heavenly.
I went from being in horrible pain to fucked up. (excuse my language but there really isnt any better way to put it.)

She goes, "This might make you feel a little spacey or even drunk" and im thinking "okay yeah right. Even morphine doesnt effect me that much" but boy was i wrong. I could barelt formulate words within like a minute. Lmao.

Anyway i am thinking of asking them about that instead of an epidural this time around, though it definitely wore off fast so i dunno if it would be a viable option.

I just hate the needle n stuff for the epidural and the cathetar.

It was probably nubain! I had it with my son! Only downside is if they think you'll deliver within 40 minutes of needing a dose they won't give it to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->