34 weeks and just wanna be done!!!

Oh wow, a kidney stone surgery?! Damn, I better stop complaining! Lol it would be interesting to see which one of us goes first :) please keep us posted on any sign of things starting to happen!

I was telling my husband today about how I loooove being pregnant, but am simultaneously sick of it. I'm on bed rest and while that's awesome I feel like a total sloth because I'm not allowed to so much as get up and get myself a glass of water much less sit properly so I can be a contributing member of the family and do work (I wish my laptop had the capacity I needed to work!). I know it's good for the babies and I love those kicks, but I feel so helpless and uncomfy!

Porcelain, do you have an induction or csection scheduled any time soon? You are so close, I'm jealous! Soon we will be reading your this is it story!

Happy belated birthday Katrus!

I am 35 weeks today!! The newest development is the massive swelling in my feet and ankles. Actually my legs look like tree trunks!! And they feel bruised from being so big. I have been sleeping on the couch for a few weeks and I can't even lay down on my own. My husband has to pick up my legs for me and swing them onto the couch because it hurts so bad to lift them! It feels like my pubic bone is going to break open. The other day I had some huge movements from twin B and am wondering if she turned around. I really hope she didn't. My next appt is Wednesday the 21st AND the 21st is my last day of work. Even working from home is getting hard, LOL.

I can't believe the docs that want you ladies to go to 38 weeks. 37 is full term so why extend the suffering???

Doc said he'll probably induce around 38 weeks if they don't come sooner. He's known for being more natural, but offered us a c-section if that's what we wanted (I guess because I have a slimmer body type?). We told him nope so I think he's trying to respect our choice.
Decided I'm going to start moving around December 3rd and try sex, nipple stimulation and whatnot to get things going because I don't want to be artificially induced.
Lol San Fran! I had to ask my hubby to lift my legs onto the couch, too!
Happy late birthday, Katrus!

I don't want artificial induction either! The thought of sex sounds soooo awful though. I am picturing doing it doggy style and looking like a pot bellied pig on all fours. Now there's a sight!! I think my husband is scared of getting that close to the babies anyways. I am walking around more and cleaning and cooking a little more. I am having a sweep on Wednesday and maybe that will do the trick!

Lol... With that thought I'm a little less eager now, too!

Oh San Fran, you gave me an amazing chuckle!! Doggy style!! THis is true, it sound horrific BUT it may work! Here full term is 38wks, so I guess my doc wants me to suffer an extra few days after that! Poo poo...I shouldn't complain, I know! My hubby has passed on his rotten cold to me now too...dangitt...uhh

Oh no! A cold would send me over the edge right now. Hope you can kick it to the curb!

San Fran, I have an appt tomorrow on the 20th, and I will beg again for an earlier csection date!
Damn, I haven't had sex for like 10 months lol (IVF babies w/donor sperm here), so I wouldn't mind it actually, either doggy or spooning lol :) :):)
I told work today that I will only gonna work this week and next week, and that's it. So literally counting the days now!

I must admit I was very horny until just last week. Then suddenly sleeping became very painful. I have a pain in my inner thigh/ groin area every time I wake up. Have no idea what it is :shrug: and turning in bed literally brings me to say "ouch" automatically. I didn't use or need my preggy pillow until recently and now I have to put it under the belly or it's really painful. These last 3 weeks are going to drag.... Sigh...

Quick update. Been to the last u/s today. Babies are estimated to be 5.11lb and 6.3lb. I think with these weights I am ready for them to come in a week at the most! I am so done I just wanna cry.

Wow! Those are great weights! Good job. I want to cry too. I'm so swollen I am wondering if my doc will move my date up at my appt tomorrow.

I begged for them to move my scheduled csection up, but they refused. I said: we both know there is no way I will carry til the 18th of Dec! They said: we know, but we are just not allowed to. Whatever. Now a question. They now want to see me every week. Should I even bother going? There is gonna be no u/s, just a quick check for heartbeats, and asking me if I have questions. I dunno. I feel these appts are kinda pointless now.

P.S. oh, and I forgot to mention my cervix was 3.29cm long by vaginal u/s, so I guess it's good too.

I just had my first exclusively heartbeat appointment today. It was pointless and itchy like crazy and the babies kept moving so they kept losing the heartbeats, anyway. And there was another lady in the room for hers so my hubby had to wait in the lobby for half an hour.
My one next week is coupled with an ultrasound, but after that something may come up to prevent me from going to it (if these little guys are still in!). I have a copay and it seems silly to have to spend that money when everything feels the same and I have a doc appointment every week anyway.
You got some big babies, Katrus! I wish I remembered what week my last ultrasound was- I just remember thinking that I really got to start bulking them up! Of course they FEEL huge!

I don't think it's totally pointless to go. I'm getting NSTs weekly to make sure the babies aren't getting stressed with their cramped living conditions, but I also have a small baby and he is less likely to take the stress as well as his giant sister. I also have periods where they don't move as much as usual and want the reassurance of the doc visit. Luckily I have no co-pay.

Katrus, sorry they won't let you to sooner. I'm kinda hoping at the doc today they will say let's jus do it today!! Yeah right. I am getting membranes sweeped today. Kinda nervous.

San Fran, that may get things moving (a sweep), then they'll take you in for sure!
Katrus, man those are big babies! I went yesterday and at 34wks mine are only 4.2 and 4.4lbs...I was almost downright mad that they weren't bigger...but who knows, its just an estimate, right? I just thought since I had an 8lb baby at 38.3wks that these ones would be bigger too, damnitt! Doesn't help that i'm miserable from this cold my husband gave me!! AND the nurse at my NST as well as my doctor I saw after the NST both told me I need to be eating more and doing less, but my husband does not understand this...who's sitting on the couch and who is running after a 4 year old...I WISH I could be a man just for a day...go to work, come home, dinner ready, wife bath child, wife put child to bed, wife clean kitchen, do laundry, while MAN sits on his ass...I wish...argh...what the hell am I going to do when I have 3 kids....crapppppppp
Oh, and then on the phone with his mom tonight "I've been sleeping on the couch for 2 nights so I wouldn't get Pam sick", and then I was waiting for the "but since I don't wash my hands and hack everywhere I did get her sick, very sick" but that never came, damn liar....sorry guys, rant over....had to vent somewhere...i'm miserable tonight...

San Fran, how did the sweep go? And how does it feel? I am counting the days to your 36 weeks!
Porcelain, I'm planning to go to these weekly appts, but not much enthusiasm anymore either.
Pammy, they say the babies' weight estimate can be 1lb off, so you may still have bigger babies now :) I don't feel as though mine are as big as they say, I look at my belly and just don't understand where they both can fit lol?
Today my thumb on my right hand is in so much pain, it hurt to even write with a pen at work! Ridiculous.
Happy thanksgiving everyone!!

Do you guys think if my cervix length was over 3cm, does that mean I am stil very far from labor? I mean, doesn't it gradually get shorter for the waters to break?

Aww Pam, vent away! Your DH needs to help you out more!
Katrus, it sounds like your cervix is still holding strong. I don't know much about the dynamics and when it starts to thin out.

My appt went well. Passed the NST but they has to use the buzzer on my boy to wake him up because he was trying to sleep through it! Doc checked my cervix and I am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. He didnt do a sweep and said he didnt think I needed it??? Maybe he just didn't want me going into labor on his day off tomorrow!

Happy thanksgiving! Hope you ladies can get some rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->