35+ Granduates.. We Finally did it !!

Hi ladies
Can I join you?! I'll be 38 in January and pregnant through ICSI with number 2.
I've been very cautiously PUPO until we saw the heartbeat at the scan on Thursday so now I'm throwing all caution to the wind and joining in the pregnancy threads - yay!
We're undecided about finding out the sex yet but due 25th June 2012.

:wave:MomToOneTTC, Welcome and a HUGE Congratulations:yipee:
I have added you to our first post !

I am so happy you could join us and we look forward to sharing this wonderful journey with you.

How are you feeling ?

How is everyone ? Being awfully quiet !

:wave: Welcome Dorian and congratualtions.

I can't beleive your 20 weeks already:shock: I remember you from the TTC forums.
How are you feeling ?

Truely, The only testing I have had is a MW appt and U/S at 6 weeks ( mine was so early because I had a TR back in '08 and we wory about a tubal pregnancy since I only have one tube)
I had another MW appt at 10 weeks, they did bloods then.
My next appt is at 16 weeks..
Here in Canada you usually have a appt every 4-6 weeks till 32 weeks then every other week till 36 weeks then it is every week till birth.
We also have a 20 week U/S and nothing else if everything seems okay.

I opted not to do any "extra" testing due to my age.. amnio ect...

They won't tell you the sex of the baby at the U/S which is done in our local hospital so we are having a pvt scan done on Dec 3rd.. plus we plan on doing a 3D /4D U/S around 26 weeks ( same as we did with our last daughter)

Thanks :) I think you remember me from first Tri though, as I wasn't on the TTC board ;) This one was a TOTAL suprise! LOL.

It's the same here in the US...every 4 wks we see the MW or Dr, have u/s a few times, unless there are problems. My next u/s will be on Dec 7th, and that's a 'just because' quick look my MW likes to do :thumbup: which is totally fine with me.

I, too, decided against any special screenings cause of my age.

That's why I like using a MW ( which is fairly new here) I didn't feel pressured to do any testing except they " advises me" to do a glucose test at 26 weeks because my last baby was drasticly ( 9lbs 10oz) larger than my other children.
I did suffer with my pelvic bone in my last pregnancy also so I will be fitted with a brace early on ( 20 weeks or so) so we can lighten the pain I went through last time.

Hello MomToOneTTC, welcome and congrats!!!

I am going to buy some materinty clothes today. I so need them. How is everyone doing today?

Did you have fun shopping, Ready ?

I haven't bought many things when it comes to clothing.
My last pregnancy I got away with wearing yoga pants and xl shirts. I did buy a nice pair of dress pants and two dressy type shirts.
I am a SAHM, so I can get away with a min. wardrobe.

Welcome Mellybelle:hugs: and congratualtions on being on team blue.
How are you doing ?

Welcome Mellybelle:hugs: and congratualtions on being on team blue.
How are you doing ?

So far so good. Apart from some round ligament pain when I'm on my feet for too long i've got no pregnancy complaints.

I did get infected with whooping cough a few weeks ago and that has driven me crazy with the constant coughing. I have so far managed not to pee myself but my pelvic floor muscles have been getting a big workout. Cough is easing way off now, but its been 7 weeks of coughing.

Did every one know the immunisation for whooping cough only lasts 10 years. I didnt know or i'd have had a booster shot.

I did not know that..

I will have to talk to my DR about that..

How is the heat there Melly ? It's your summer right now isn't it ?

Hey ladies,

We have now gotten our own siggy, if you are interested.. I have it posted on the first post above our names...:happydance:

Its not quite summer yet. Summer starts in December, but February is the hottest month. I LOVE the heat, cant get enough of it.

Hey Melly I'm in Aus too, Qld just north of Brissy where are you?

I am here!!!
sorry it took so long things have been busy here these past few!
My EDD is May 22 if they can tell us gender we intend to find out!!
ANd that ultra sound will be in December 21!!!
WHOOT WHOOT!

can the person that keeps coming into me when I am asleep and making me drink copious amounts of fluid stop doing it cos I am over getting up 15 times a night to pee!!!!

And what cruel twist of fate means that in all the years I have managed to not get hayfever anymore why doe sit have to come back now when I can take nothing to stop the sneezing runny nose and itching eyes.

I realise most of you are in another hemisphere so no dealing with the heat but seriously I am so glad I am at this end the pregnancy right now and not the other cos I am so bloody hot all the time, when I roll over in bed I cannot believe how hot the sheets are under me and hubby says that he needs to push me away sometimes cos the heat is just radiating off of me. I guess the oven is well and truly turned on and baking is completely under way!!!

I am NOT complaining though I would not have this any other way, I am so grateful to be pregnant and most minutes of the day I ask bubba to stay

:hi: Welcome flibbrtygibbt and congratualtions on the bubba.. time seams to be traveling so fast:wacko:
How are you feeling ?

Miss_C:rofl: the same pee fairy comes by my house after you wake up ( since I am 12 hrs behind you) and wakes me every 45 mins..
I really do feel bad for you when it comes to heat, here in Canada we would be lucky to have maybe 3 week of hot weather.. it's the extreme cold that is brutal..
I hide in the basement if it goes above 25 degrees..

Are you in the city or in the country ? Do you at least have air ?

. I guess the oven is well and truly turned on and baking is completely under way!!!

:rofl: too funny!!! I am the same way, my dh loves it in the winter, as I keep him warm. Welcome and congrats~

Miss C you cracked me up!! LOL!!

I've not been too bad at night lately - managing to get to 5am rather than 1am and 3am so perhaps now I'm 9 weeks things have moved up and off my bladder a little!?!?!

Soooo tired today though - have my first pregnancy cold - bleurgh!! Knew I wouldn't escape for long!

When did you / do you think you will start wearing maternity clothes? I'm seriously concerned about my need to eat all day! I've put on 3 kilos already and I'm only 5ft2"!!! Really think I ought to go through all my mat clothes from the loft this w/e and maybe have a shoppimg spree as my waistline is expanding by the day!!! Ooooops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->