35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

:yipee: Wowww Beth, that's wondreful news. Congratulations, yeeeaaahhh.. Sure thing that the babydust one of you blew did work cause 3 pregnancies in one month. :))) By the way I might be wrong and maybe the HCG levels in the US are different but from 170 to 1300 is a really high jump in 2 days. Can it be twins??? Looking fwd to updates from uuuu. BTW we are trying to sell and buy too. Hahaha funny all our lives are overlapping this month. I couldn't log in because of that. It is very stressful and time consuming. We did the pictures and just started the viewings. Very stressful to keep the place tidy every time right?

Hey Steph, I'll add the videos I used for Shirin. I used to alternate all techniques. Even really gently jump (more like move up and down on my tiptoes) while I had her on my shoulder cause a nurse told me the gas is like the bubble water trapped in a labyrinth like pipe. You need to dislocate the bubbles and encourage them to move upwards. Warming it helps. Rolling the baby didn't always work but definitely helped. I would sometimes roll roll roll than as soon as I put her on my arm and pat "BurP"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuAXZjUgnog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cozxQC_-p0s

Also moving her legs gently up and down towards her tummy and like a bicycle might help. Keep her socks on at all times and make sure you keep your feet warm too. This is a grandmothers trick in Turkey. Dunno if it works but I remember I used to wear socks and slippers all day.

Anna sorry about the cancelation. Why was all the parks closed? Is it because of the flooding? What did you do with the matress in the end? Does she not sleep in a normal bed? I put Shirin in a normal bed with lots of pillows to stop her rolling sometimes. It works. Cause they might roll out of the mattress. I guess you could still put the pillows on a low matress so at least even if she manages to get over the barricade she wouldn't have a hard fall.

Angela how are you and Reece? And the rest of the family. Hopefully bug free :)))

There is a lot going on with me nowadays (househunting and selling process etc). Shirin just woke up so i gotta run. But i just found out that one of the babies heart stopped. I did get a little sad today. Will update soon again xxx

Thanks for this Skye!!! The first video is what I normaly do. I will try the rockin method in the second as well. I'm so sorry to hear about one of the twins. Please keep us posted. Are you ok? You have a great deal going on so please take time for you.

Aww Skye hon I am SO sorry about the twin! :-( :cry: I pray all is well with the second one. That happened to a friend of mine too and she went on to have a healthy term pgcy with the second twin. :hugs:

Steph I forgot to mention, we give Reece the Mylicon drops religiously an it really helps break up the gas!

Morning all!

Skye, so sorry to hear about one of the twins. I also am praying all is well with the second. House hunting and keeping your place clean can be a lot to take on, especially with a toddler. We sold/bought last fall and it was a process. We ended up moving into my parents mountain home temporarily because the stress of having to keep the house perfect every day before work was just too much. Lots of hugs to you!!

Oh, and to answer your question, Powell was closed because of our government shut down. All government agencies (federal) are shut down until a budget can be worked out. National parks are included in this and Powell is a national park. They essentially had to evacuate the lake. At least we didn't have a grand canyon rafting trip planned. That's a 2-3 week trip and a lot of $$. They let people launch up until last Wednesday, then told everyone else on Grand Canyon trips, too bad no go.

Beth, how are you today? When is your next appointment again?? Hope all is well and as I said to Sky, I feel your pain re:house hunting/selling. But in the end we are sooooo much happier. Love and hugs.

Angela, how are you doing? How are e boys? Is everyone healthy?

Chris, thinking of you. When is your scan.? I think it's coming up. Hugs!

Steph, how's it going new mama? How's the burping going? We used the drops that Angela mentioned as well. Hugs and hope you are surviving two.

Plum, how are things? Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is going well in your world.

AFM, well when it rains it pours. Camping was ok. Jo got incredibley sick in the car on our way and we had to pull off the highway, wash her down, clean out the car seat as best as we could, line it with a blanket, and finish the drive. I think she drinks too much milk sometimes and it comes back up. The only other thing I can think of is car sick. Camping was ok, beautiful spot, but it was much colder than we expected. Final straw was Jo's sleeping. We bought a kids air mattress to put on the floor of the he camper, but she rolled off it every night ending up in the dog bed without a blanket, or once by the door to the trailer with no blanket, shivering in the cold.:nope::nope: Poor little but once we brought her into bed with us she would toss and turn. Ugh!! No sleep for three nights. Needless to say we're done camping until we figure out the sleeping thing. We're also going to cut out the bottles once and for all, it's time and I think will help. When she gets up at night the first thing she says is, "bottle of milk.". Anyway, I feel bad complaining about having four days off and camping, but as it was my fall vacation, it was far from relaxing. We were home to watch the bronco / cowboy game, so silver lining. Anyway, back to the grind stone today. Girls weekend in a few weeks and fingers crossed the government can't screw that up.

Hugs to all!
Anna

Anna, can't believe they just canceled without a proper warning. They should announce it on the paper tv etc no? I bet there was a lot of people that got effected including the businesses around the parks (cafes, hotels etc) Btw do you still give Jo the formula? Is she not on cow's milk now? She might also be car sick as you said. I used to get car sick a lot when I was a kid. What are you doing for the girls week. That sounds fun :))

Thank you girls for the support :hugs::hugs:

House viewings are completely stressfull on both ends. Keeping the house tidy as Anna said. And also searching at the weekends. I want my bed most of the time :sleep:

Beth what's going on with the numbers? Soo exciting :)))

:hugs:

Skye, thanks, yes the trip being cancelled was really disappointing. And there was no warning, other than we knew that if the government couldn't decide on a budget then a shut down was a possibility. And the effects are far reaching as you've said. Hotels, restaurants , etc. As for Jo she'd gets cows milk. I think she's just drinking too much at one time. Getting rid of the bottle should take care of this. Think I'll bite the bullet and do it this weekend.

Sorry house hunting/selling is so stressful, I can't imagine it pregnant!!! How are you doing BTW??

Girls weekend is in Southern California. We have a friend whose family has a beach house on seal beach. Laid back community, should be nice and relaxing. Also good to see all my girl friends that have moved away. I don't know what DH is going to do. I leave Friday and come back late Monday. To the best of my knowledge he's never gotten her ready for school or packed her a lunch. I keep trying to get him involved, like telling him to sing to her if she won't be still getting dressed, it distracts her and she likes it. But I don't think he's paying much attention. Oh well, she may live in PJs for four days, but she'll be ok.

Beth, I'm anxiously awaiting news as well....

AFM, not much to tell. Hope everyone is having a good week!
Anna

Good morning ladies!!!

Steph, I'll be in seal beach, flying into John Wayne airport. I would LOVE to see you!! I'll have access to a car. Are you at all close to there?? How are things going? Has the burping gotten any better. I used to have the worse time with gas with Jo. Hugs an hope you are well! I will be flying in early on Nov. 1st, leaving the afternoon of the 4th.

Beth, how are you?? What's going on? I get nervous when I haven't heard from you in a while. Hugs!

Chris and Skye , how are you guys???

Angela, hope you are well!

AFM, another year older today. Had date night last night. Something we need to do more of. Had a good weekend, think I did a mountain of laundry. Ok at work, better run. I have a work up-date but my wi-if isn't working and my honor is being screwy too. Maybe something to do with the snowy weather?? I'll up-date more later. Hugs to all!!

AnnA- forgive any typos!!!

Woohoo wi-if back on!!

So I am applying for a new job. There is an opening at the Coach outlet store near my house. The hours are worse, and I'd have to work weekends which is huge. But the money and benefits are better. It's a hard decision. I'm putting the cart before the horse right now, I don't even have an interview yet, but it's weighing heavily on my mind. I think I'll apply, and see what happens. If I get an interview, hear them out, and make a decision if they do offer me a job. It would be nice to walk or ride my bike to work every day, especially when the roads are really bada and icy/snowy. And DH has been slow lately at work, so we could really use the extra income. But it would mean an end to all our weekend camping excursions. And that's a biggie. Anyhow, have a good day!!!

Anna

Oh my goodness girls, so sorry to be MIA. MISS you all!! Will catch up soon I promise! Hugs and love! How are our preggys? Anna I sent you a note, I am so sorry I missed your bday! <3 to all!

Happy Birthday Anna!!!! Good luck with the job! Big decision. Did you already have your girls weekend????

Hello to everyone else!!!

I am doing good. Starting to feel better which is great, but then of course comes with worries, lol. The life of a preggo. I have my first scan next Tuesday at 12 weeks. Can you believe I am already 11 weeks???? Holy going by fast. My boss knows now. It went well and bad all at the same time. Trying to put a smile on my face and carry on.

Will update more when I have time. Which seems like never these days...

Thanks all!

As luck would have it I can't find my old resume, so had to start all over. Got it written and saved (knock on wood) and was about to email it out to a friend to proof read before I turned it in to Coach,band of course my lap top died. It's ancient (in computer years) and has finger paint all over it. Anyway, I think it's pretty good, I have tons of management experience so it looks good, so we'll see. They may have already filled the position so I guess we'll see.

Chris, probably MS just subsiding. Can't believe you're almost 12 weeks!! Good luck with scan, can't wait. And to answer your question, girls weekend is first of November, I am getting very excited!

Angela, thanks for the well wishes! We miss you, but know how busy you are.

Hugs to everyone else!!
Anna

Ok I'm starting to feel as if I'm talking to myself...just kidding, I know you all have tons going on . .
Anyway, have interview set for next Monday. Cross your fingers.

Have a good Wednesday!
Anna

Ooooh good luck Anna!!! That was fast!! I looooooooove Coach!

Btw- I'm always here. Just don't always have time to write tons. I miss our girls!!!!

Hi all sorry I've been MIA. Happy belated birthday Anna and fingers crossed on the new gig!! I will have more later but baby just went to sleep and I have church paperwork to complete for our annual conference. And husband is sick and we all know how they are when ill. Will write more later.

Hugs!
Steph

PS Chris so excited for your appointment next Tuesday!

Steph, lots of hugs and I'm amazed anyone with a new baby has time to write, let alone a toddler and sick hubby at home as well. Lots of hugs to you as I think you need them most today!

Hey Anna :)) Good luck with the interview. How come you need to work weekends too. Don't you have shifts. They can't make you work 7 days right? Or is it like some weekends and some weekdays off? R u nervous? I love Coach btw. They make beautiful bags. U might need to make up the weekend deal with some seriously discounted beautiful bags than. Not an equivalent in the slightest but better than nothing :))) Happy birthday toooo :) Did u do anything special?

Hey Steph how's it going? Burping? Sleeping pattern? etc

Chris, prego buddy, good luck with the 12 week scan. Mine is the following week. You might even learn if it's a boy or a girl. What are you worrying about? Is everything all right?

Angela hugs

Beth how are you hon???

I am ok too. The house hunting-sale process is still going on. The stress buttons are on at home at the mo. There is some interest in our flat which is good but The houses we looked at aren't ideal. One is a beautiful house in a bad location. The other one is a great location, perfect train links to the city, a massive place with a beautiful garden but we need to almost knock the whole place down gradually and change the whole layout. It hasn't been renovated for maybe 30 years. I think probably the heating and electricity system is crap too. We don''t have the money for renovation up front so we will need to live in it as it is for maybe couple of years and do the renovation gradually. Looks like we are going for this house which wasn't ideal. I really didn't want to live with major building work again especially with young children in the house. Mb we might move out for 6 months perhaps if the budget fits. The bad thing is hubby can never imagine how it will be living in building site and how big a job we are talking about. Also he is at work all day so he might insist that we stay in it. He is just excited once it's done it might add quite a bit to the value. Prob he sees pound signs when he is sleeping and I see a lot of arguements, discomfort dust etc due to building work. Brrrr. Bit chilly.

Love and kisses

Anna in fact u probobly already had the interview. In that case how did it go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->