35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

Hey girls I sat down to get in a few words in a few times always at the tail end of my 2hr-baby sleep-break and she woke up half way :))

First things first

Steph, PHOTOS PLEAAASE ;)))) Sooo excited can't wait to see her? How are you coping with the csection hon. Must be difficult having 2 while your tummy is hurting. You can't lift Katelyn right? How's little Madelyn? Is she an easy going baby? I bet she is gorgeous. Who does she look like? Is any family helping at the moment or do you have any other help than hubby? Lot's of little kisses for little baby Madelyn :)))

Angela how did the dr find out it was dairy allergy? Might be a naive thing to ask but would he grow out of it or would the dairy allergy pills work for him? Dairy allergy might be pain cause most of the sweets and many dishes require it (butter, creme etc). U might need to check out kosher recipes and the delis for non dairy substitutes. Bit pain in the bu... cooking for the whole family keeping nondairy.

Poor Beth. What a rough weekend that both mummy and the poor lad got sick on holiday. Traveling with a little one is always a challenge. Just running after her on holiday exhausts me cause it's an unfamiliar environment so it's hard to tell what's around the corner. A pot hole, a tantrum, an unsettled night etc. Sigh and hugs. Sounds like you might be having luck in other areas though LOL :))) Good luck hon

Anna can't believe u r already talking about the snow :)) We had such a sunny good summer here that I never want it to end. But already signs of autumn, rain rain and back to grey sky in London.

Hey Plum? Are they going to get interviewed or is it only a matter of first come first serve basis? Our area for schools are crazy, applications as early as new born (each application has fees which sucks)+catchment area nonsense +interviews and if it doesn't happen in the interview the kids may need to sit a grueling test at 6 which is really unfair on a little kid. Some people get their 5 year olds have private tuitions already. Really crazy depending on where you live in London. Moving and house prices are completely dependent on the school's catchment areas. Complete nightmare to buy or rent as the house prices sore and the space you get shrinks in school friendly areas. Honestly I can talk for hours about this subject cause that's all everyone with kids talk about in London.

Finally last but not least YYYYAAAAAAAYYYY CHRIS :))) MMMuuah, mmmuaaah xxxxx. Congratulations :))))) That is GREAAAAAAT. And it is double great cause I am a week away from uuu :))) hahahahhahahahahahhaaaa. Yeeaaay I'm 5 weeks. We are pregnancy buddies now :)))) isn't that wonderful??? hahahahahahhaaaaaa. This made me really happy :wohoo: Good luck to both of us.

Oh Wow Skye!!! :yipee: I am sooooooo happy to hear your transfer was successful!!!! Massive :dust: to you!!! YAYAYAYAY

How are you feeling???

Skye!!!! Congratulations! Sweetie. So excited for you too! YAY!!!! Thanks for asking about me. I am recovering pretty well. No, I can't pick up Katelyn, though sometimes I forget and try. I am still in pain a little bit, but not too bad. My Mom is here until the 21st and then my Dad comes out sept 23rd. It is a bit hard to adjust with two. But luckily with my mom here, I can pass the baby to her and give Katelyn attention when she needs it. I still have this stupid lingering cold and it hurts like hell when I cough, but it is getting better. I will post photos soon, I just need to email them to myself from my phone and then resize them. My hubby took some great photos of Katelyn holding Madelyn and giving her kisses. Katelyn thus far has been great with her sister and tells her she loves her and always wants to hold her and give her hugs LOL.

I will try and post them either tomorrow or Friday.

Hugs to you all!!!

Steph

Congrats, Skye!!! So happy for you!!! How thrilling!

On the preschool front, most require you to schedule an observation (parents only) before you can even fill out an application. They then decide if your child is a good fit for the class, which can depend on age for some mixed classes, and then it is a first-come first-serve basis. We have application fees as well, and if your kid doesn't get in, they refund only half of your application fee, which is ridiculous. And these are small schools. It sounds much worse where you are at. It's that way in the city where I work. Total source of stress for lots of people . . .

Steph take it easy!!! Glad your parents are coming soon. Do they live far away? I saw Madelyn's picture on FB and she's sooooo yummy! Congrats again. Can't wait to see more. How is it being a mom of two? I guess this is all new for you too, having a newborn at home because Katelyn stayed in the hospital for quite awhile didn't she? How is everything going? Are you breastfeeding? If so, is it easier the 2nd time round? How is Madelyn sleeping? Sorry for all the questions :dohh: :hugs:

Purpleplum- that sounds so stressful!!! At what age do you start preschool? I am not sure how difficult it is to get into preschool here. I may just leave Sophie in daycare until kindergarten. We'll see. How old are your little ones again?

Hope everyone else is doing good!

Beth, how are you feeling? Have you finally gotten some action in :winkwink:

Anna- snow???? :shock:

Angela- is it a dairy allergy or milk only allergy? I had a milk allergy as a child and grew out of it, sort of..... I am not confirmed lactose intolerant, but I drink the lactose free milk and am fine. I started noticing in my late teens reactions to dairy and after years of trying this and that I just realized I am probably lactose intolerant. But I realize being lactose intolerant and having a confirmed allergy is not the same thing. What are his reactions? Sorry you have to deal with this, but at least now that you know, he'll be feeling better soon! :hugs:

Girls, I am feeling so fat today. :| This is crazy. I am getting the starts of a bump (bloat). I would say I am the same now, as I was around 10 weeks with Sophie.... :dohh:

:hugs:Quick...:hugs::hugs::happydance::happydance::happydance::flower:

Skye, so happy for you!!! Great news!!

Steph, I too am awaiting pictures, hugs and are care of yourself!

Chris, I think you start showing earlier the second time around. Hugs and hope you are feeling well.

Beth, how are you today? Feeling better? Hugs!

Angela, how goes it, is everyone getting better? Thinking of you.

Plum, ugh! Application process sucks!! Hugs and good luck.

AFM, yep snow. Not on the ground here yet, but soon. Aspen are turning. It's raining cats and dogs, almost literally. We're a high alpine desert here and some parts of Denver/boulder got more rain in 24 hours than they get all year. If it were a few months later and it was snow they would have been buried. Hoping this means a good ski season.

Hugs to all!!! Anna

Hey Anna, where do u live? I hope u are not in the flooding area, it looks pretty devastating...

Chris - the entry age for preschools vary - some are more daycare-type preschools and they start at 2. Some are more formal and start at 3. Since we do not need daycare, starting Violet at 3 works just fine. My daughter is 25 months and my son is almost 7 months.

FYI - I felt much bigger during my second pregnancy, but as it turns out I gained the exact same amount of weight I did with my first!

Hope you are feeling well!

Anna - I can't believe the flooding in Colorado. I've been to Lyons for the St. Vrains creek race and it's hard to imagine what it must look like right now.

Afternoon ladies!

Thanks for asking, we are high and dry here. Well actually pretty soggy, it's been a wet summer and it's been raining a ton this lt week, but in normal amounts. Our local rivers are up, but nothing is near flooding. We are so lucky. So many are devastated in so many parts of the state.

We had a nice mellow weekend. Watched some football, went to the park and got in a run between thunder storms. Fingers crossed we may go camping next weekend!! Hugs to all!!

Anna

2 sacs and 2 heart beats !!! :)) I'm well spooked at the moment. :)) Will write a better update. in a couple of days...

Whoa! Congratulations, Skye. That is fantastic. Can't wait to hear more.

xoxo,
Jamie

Skye!!! Woohoo!!!! So excited for you!!!!!

Quick check in, baby is recovering from nasty sickness so home with her today, but it's way too quiet in the house so I'd better go investigate and make sure the doggie is ok and her room is in one piece.

Hugs to all!!
Anna

Skye congrats on twins!! That is awesome!!! I had typed up a long post but lost it. I will reconstruct and post later.

Hi all and happy weekend!

Well we reached a new low last night. I think I mentioned Jo had been sick all last week, don't think I mentioned she threw up on me twice last week. I thought she was better so camping sounded like a good idea. Last night we pulled into camp late, got settled in, and then Jo had a coughing fit. I soon discovered the only thing worse than having your kid throw up all over you at home is having it happen while camping. Luckily we have a camper and were able to get her and I a sponge bath, but it didn't help the sheets that got all yucky. Needless to say we're back home today, camping trip cut short.

Steph, how are you??!! Up-date us when you can. I HATE loosing posts.

Hugs to everyone else!!! Hope everyone is well. Beth, thinking of you.

Anna

Awwwww Anna :hugs: that is horrible!!! Poor Jo, I hope she is feeling better today. Puking is the worst.

Hi to everyone else! Hope everyone is doing well!! Skye I am dying to hear more and Steph, when you have a minute we still need details!!!

I can't believe I am 8 weeks today! 1st tri si flying by and not at the same time if that makes any sense. :|

Chris, congrats on 8 weeks!!! And yes it makes perfect sense that it is flying by, but not at the same time. How are you feeling? Any MS?

Skye, I second what chris said, details!!

Steph, how goes it with two?? Lots of hugs!!

Angela, how are you sweet lady? Is everyone finally healthy?

Beth, thinking of you. I roasted another chicken last night and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.

Plum, what's new in your world?

AFM, well woke up to snow this morning. Man our summer was short. Hopefully we'll get an Indian summer. However it makes me even more excited for our trip to Lake Powell next week. I am in charge of a dinner and am doing a large pork shoulder, pulled pork style. The only down side is its really hard to get BBQ sauce here in Colorado, so I've special order some Gates BBQ sauce on line as a special treat. It's a Kansas City company and the BBQ sauce rocks!!! Maybe a little overboard, but oh so worth it!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!! Hugs all around!
Anna

Hey ladies!

WHEW, a lot has happened while I was away! First things first - CONGRATULATIONS Skye and Chris! THREE new littles on the way!! I am so happy for BOTH of you!! I hope you are both feeling as well as possible!! I'm sorry I am behind on reading, so everyone please forgive if I ask questions you have already answered. Skye I saw you said first scan went great, two heartbeats! :cloud9: Chris, when is your first scan?

Steph, I am loving the pics on FB! Hang in there Mama. It does get better and less crazy, I promise! :hugs:

Beth, how are you feeling hon? How is sweet Poppy?

Anna that SUCKS about the sickness while camping. I can definitely relate. We have had someone (often me! :growlmad:) sick in this house for 8 weeks straight now. Last round, poor Reece would cough till he gagged then projectile vomit... Good times. :nope: I am so sorry the camping had to be cut short! Hope she is feeling better! And SNOW? I am so excited (I know, i'm crazy) just that it's turning cooler here. YAY! Our leaves are starting to turn. Football is on... Sickness or not, I'm doing my :happydance:

Plum, how are you and your littles? The preschool programs you describe sound about like ours. Our specific school has a $175 registration fee that doesn't even get applied to tuition. For the birds!!! :grr:

Viv!??? Wedding? Pics? We miss you!!

So I am sorry I have been so scarce. Literally, for 8 weeks now we have been in a cycle where one person (usually a child) in this house gets sick, then we all fall like dominoes. It's been going around, and around, and around... colds, stomach bugs and one that I swear was the flu (perfect match on symptoms... I will still get us all flu shots but now feel like it's a waste of time!) BLEHHHHHH! I am so tired of being sick!!! The girls in my Bible study group this morning literally prayed over me and my family that this sickness and all this misery will GO. We are so exhausted and run down. We've taken five rounds of antibiotics, two rounds of steroids and countless other meds all in three weeks in this house. Gimme a BREAK already!!

Meanwhile, poor Reece suffered a 4-alarm, do-not-pass-go-just-go-to-the-emergency-room allergic reaction two weeks ago. Scared.me.to.death. It was so bad dr. gave us epi-pens. :-( We aren't sure what caused it. we initially suspected dairy formula bc of GI symptoms, which turned out to be caused by the stomach bug (the other three of us got it, but we didn't know that was coming the day the dr. switched him to soy), so put him on soy. On soy, the explosive reaction occurred and made us think it was that. Literally spent one whole day in tears bc I did not know what to feed him next and could not get dr to call me back (that's a whole other tale). fast forward a bit - Tests show mild allergies to eggs and peanuts; neither of which he had eaten. He does not appear (based on blood tests) to be allergic to dairy or soy, but out of caution we are going with the hydrolyzed formulas for now, and will retry dairy and/or soymilk at 1 year. So thankfully, the drama seems to be calming... for now. But MAN that was scary and I pray never to have to see something like that happening to one of my children again.

Otherwise, things are well. Reece is doing great except for that incident - cruising and babbling and making us laugh daily. Ethan, I am thrilled to report, is finally TALKING!! And to OTHER PEOPLE, too!!! :haha: All the stress has caused me to lose a few more baby pounds, so I'm happy about that silver lining. All in all, I know we are very blessed and I am just thankful things seem to be calming down. I miss you girls!!

I will try to post some new pics soon.

Ethan seems to be loving preschool. He and Reece have both loved swimming over the summer, and we will all miss that. I think I will try to get them into some swim lessons over the winter, so they don't completely forget swimming between now and next summer.

We are finally getting out and about more (except for recently, with all this crud). I have two different Bible studies during the week, Ethan has preschool twice a week and we have playdates and other fun things most weeks. We've formed a supper club (where four families gather once a month, enjoy a meal and let the kids run amok) and I am also doing a supper swap (once every other week or three, we all make four family-sized portions of a recipe, then swap, so we all cook once but end up with four different meals, plus leftovers in many cases). That is helping tremendously with getting dinner on the table, and I find it's not really that much harder than the batch/freezer cooking I usually do. YAY for anything that helps us eat well, faster right now! Normally, I love to cook. But right now it is just hard, with Reece literally in the ankle-hanging phase. Anyone watch Walking Dead? My husband loves that show. Anyway, we joke about how he is like a little zombie. Moves slowly, but once he gets hold of you there is no getting away! :haha:

Okay ladies. I'd better run. I'm pushing my naptime luck. Sending hugs and love and i MISS y'all!! <3

Lovely update Angela! So sorry to hear about Reece and the allergy scare! Hopefully all the sicknesses are behind you guys for awhile!
I love the meal swap. Sounds like such a great idea! Really great to hear from you. Can't wait to see pictures of the boys. xo

Anna- I can't believe you guys already have snow!!!! that's crazy. So how come it's hard to buy BBQ sauce there? I am not very picky... my favourite is Kraft. :wacko: I know, I know..... lol

AFM, MS isn't toooooo bad. I don't throw up, but I have been very nauseous on and off. I have good days and bad days, but pretty much for the last two weeks, it feels as though I've had a massive hangover everyday. Seems to be getting a bit better, either that or I am getting used to it.
I am sleeping ok. I have to pee like 3x a night though :dohh: All in all I can't really complain. I am getting quite the gut though. I really look so much more pregnant than I did last time. We told our family this past week but that's it. I think I'll have to tell my boss next week. I have my first Doctor's appt. on the 10th and then I'll have a scan a couple weeks there after around 12+ weeks. Fingers crossed there's ONE healthy bubba in there.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Thinking of you Skye!!!

Morning girls!!

Angela, LOVE the post. Oh so scary about the allergy. Still no idea what caused it? That's always a fear of mine when we're camping. Jo will get stung by something and we'll be hours from a medical center. :nope:

I am so sorry you have all been so sick! That's just rotten. As if taking care of two young ones wasn't hard enough. On the bright side so happy to hear Reece is coming along in the talking!!! Woohoo!!! Look out, he'll probably never stop now.

Happy it's fall in your neck of the woods, and I knew there was another football fan here. We're Penn State fans, but DH is a freak about all college football. Are you Alabama? Can't remember, someone was. We watch the pros, but college is what I truly enjoy.

Chris, so sorry to hear about the MS, but it's also a reassuring sign I always felt. So excited. Cant believe scan is coming up soon, you'll be 12 weeks soon. And yes fingers crossed its only one. I had a girlfriend that had the surprise of her life at her 12 week scan. Added to it, they had a young baby at home, so she had three under the age of two at one point. I'm sure all will go well. How did the family take the news? Excited I'm sure. Speaking of how are family dynamics?? I've been extra sensitive to DH since your posts, trying to be sensitive to how much time we spend with my family. Hope things are going better in your world.

AFM, not much to tell. Leaving a week from today for Lake Powell. I feel like my life is always a count down to the next trip. I guess it's what motivates me. I need a light at the end of the work tunnel, something to look forward to. Anyway, gorgeous today highs in the 60s. But snow again this weekend. Blah!!

Hugs and love!
Anna

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back