36 weeks pregnant - TMI

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
Every single morning I am waking up with diarrhoea and stomach cramps plus I am still feeling baby move but not strong thumps that I feel like I should be experiencing? More scratches to the cervix, and I can go all day without noticing any movement at all. Whether they are just light so I’m missing them because I’m running round after my other girls or the baby isn’t moving I’m not sure but I do normally feel her 10/11pm when I settle down for the night.

I’m just wondering if I should get checked? I have just moved area so haven’t got a midwife yet because my local midwife is off TIL 7th January. But it’s just the diarrhoea, stomach ache(assuming because of the bowel problems) and possibly reduced/weaker movements is just making me feel concerned.

Yes absolutely get it checked. Never just ignore reduced movements. If your child was lying in bed all day lethargic then you'd take them to the doctor. I've had lots of babies and they're always nipping and poking, kicking and being annoying in the final weeks. You should be feeling all that. Like a snake that won't lie still. No one will tell you off or reprimand you. Just even to put your mind at ease go get a movement check.
The diarrhoea can be part of the coming to the end stuff. Do you take any medication at all?

Yes absolutely get it checked. Never just ignore reduced movements. If your child was lying in bed all day lethargic then you'd take them to the doctor. I've had lots of babies and they're always nipping and poking, kicking and being annoying in the final weeks. You should be feeling all that. Like a snake that won't lie still. No one will tell you off or reprimand you. Just even to put your mind at ease go get a movement check.
The diarrhoea can be part of the coming to the end stuff. Do you take any medication at all?

Yeah I take medication for overactive thyroid. I will go get checked because I do feel like I should be feeling baby more and stronger. Thank you for your reply!

Always get lack of fetal movement checked always never leave it call the maternity ward at the hospital. Never see how it goes or wait till morning.
I had to drag my son up the hospital 4 days in a row and on Xmas eve to for a scan my son saved my mind his was my second pair of ears and repeated everything back to me. All is ok and my baby girl is moving as I type this message
X

I agree with the other ladies go get checked over! Hope you and baby are ok !

I would definitely go to get checked out :hugs:

I went and got checked! Baby is fine, but they think my thyroid is not under control at the moment, so glad I went because they have taken bloods and they will adjust medication depending on the results. Plus they have booked me in for a scan which I should hear what day tomorrow which I’m happy about because I was meant to have a 36 week scan but because I moved, I assumed it would be too late to get one in.

Movements are still weaker in my opinion but the CTG was fine and baby did move! The midwife did say that I can come in every day to check/monitor the baby if I feel necessary until the scan. She was so lovely, probably the nicest midwife I have ever come across.

BBB, what made them think it was the thyroid? Do they think you're hyper or hypo right now? I'm guessing hypo since baby is less active.

BBB, what made them think it was the thyroid? Do they think you're hyper or hypo right now? I'm guessing hypo since baby is less active.

I was diagnosed with overactive thyroid and tested positive for Graves’ disease antibodies(I think hyper but I always get them mixed up) back in February of this year but it’s been controlled with medication this pregnancy. But my resting pulse is high again(106 resting, I had been laid down not moving for around an hour), breathlessness, diarrhoea and worse fatigue than normal. Still waiting on the results, but they also tested my iron because apparently that can cause similar symptoms!

I was diagnosed with overactive thyroid and tested positive for Graves’ disease antibodies(I think hyper but I always get them mixed up) back in February of this year but it’s been controlled with medication this pregnancy. But my resting pulse is high again(106 resting, I had been laid down not moving for around an hour), breathlessness, diarrhoea and worse fatigue than normal. Still waiting on the results, but they also tested my iron because apparently that can cause similar symptoms!

Yes, I remember about your Graves, which is a form of hyperthyroidism. You could still present as hypo if they gave you too much medicine. Your symptoms sound like hyper though except for the fatigue which is classic hypo.

I also have Graves (though no thyroid anymore so they call me clinically hypothyroid) and I have always had a faster heart rate than the average person. When I track my blood pressure, I find that my heart rate varies from 75 to 105, with readings in the mid 80's and 90's most common. I've been told not to worry about the readings I sometimes get of 115 or 120, so long as it's not sustained. My GP said high heart rate in late pregnancy is not at all uncommon either.

I was also diagnosed with mild anemia a few months ago! I think it was making me extra tired. I take SlowFe iron pills now.

Thanks MissMarple! I do feel like it is still a very unknown area, I don’t really know much about it and I can never find much online. It has made me more anxious this pregnancy, and I’m looking forward to having my baby in my arms. Only a week until we are both counted as term give or take!

My Iron came back fine so just waiting on the Thyroid results, because of the New Year apparently they are a bit backlogged and they still aren’t back yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->