38 and first time pregnant with fibroids.

violetmoyo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im violet and I just joined. Im 38 and I have fibroids. I had been on a long list of meds which seemed to make me worse. I was scheduled to have myomectomy surgery but due to circumstances I left my hometown of london and moved to be with my now husband who lives in Florida. Health insurance is a whole differentball game out here in America. I just found out Im pregnant and I really didnt think i could be as all the doctors said i needed surgery in order for me to successfully conceive. So much emotions cause Im waiting on my change of status so I can get on my husbands health insurance. It looks like theres no hope and we are not rich and i need to get my prenatal care underway especially because i have these fibroids :(. Does anyone know of any way organisations that help non us citizens waiting for the status adjustment to go through that need help with getting on their spouses medical insurance? Sorry this is a long post but im feeling happy because ive always wanted a baby but now all this is going on and im nervous. Any help or advice or just a friendly shoulder would be great. thanks for reading. have a lovely day.

Is his insurance through an employer or some form of medicaid? If it's employer based your status should not affect it.

I'm also a Brit in the US. I highly recommend the British expat forum for these type of questions.

Hi ! I'm 13 weeks pregnant and I have fibroids too. Mine are subserosal fibroid, so outside of the uterus, and doctor said it was ok. One in pretty big, 8cm, but got a bit smaller now. He said I just have to be careful, not to carry heavy things or do too much at work, because it could cause pain.
What kind of fibroid do you have and do you have pain?

oh and you can't get medicaid as an immigrant. I'm from europe too and seems like I'll have to get an insurance for myself or get the expat insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->