39 weeks 3 days and only 3cm dilated?

Zebracakes

Reaction score
I’m 39 weeks and 3 days and found out I’m only 3cm dilated and 70% effaced with a high cervix? What does that mean? Is labor close? Geez I hope so 😕

Is this your first? It certainly sounds like things could happen for you soon - from what I know, most women aren’t generally more than 1-2cm before going into labour.
I was in labour 13 hours and had only progressed to 3-4cm haha, so I feel like you have a good head start at least :).

Sounds close. It's different for everyone <3

Actually it&#8217;s my 2nd but I was induced with my first child, so I never got the opportunity to dilate or go into labor on my own. I really wanna have a baby this week lol. I love the kid but I don&#8217;t love being pregnant &#65533;&#65533;

I was only 1cm at 40+4, so I'd say you're off to a good start!

Oh geez you poor thing lol. I was upset I wasn’t as far dilated as I am now lol but I guess it could be worse lol I could be less..

Ha it didn't really matter anyway, labor went really fast for a 1st time once it started. My friend was 1cm dilated at her last appt and had the baby 12 hours later! So I don't think it matters too much anyway :D

Well I&#8217;m 40 weeks and 1 day and still no baby lol. Hopefully my time will come soon enough..

Oh geez you poor thing lol. I was upset I wasn’t as far dilated as I am now lol but I guess it could be worse lol I could be less..

Ha it didn't really matter anyway, labor went really fast for a 1st time once it started. My friend was 1cm dilated at her last appt and had the baby 12 hours later! So I don't think it matters too much anyway :D

Fast labor sounds really nice right now.. and yes I suppose I guess it all depends on when baby is ready to come &#128514;

Oh, I would say your off to a good start. I only got to 1cm dilated around 41 weeks, had DS at 41w 4d. On the day I had him I went in and was 1cm Thursday Morning, then I had him Friday morning at 9:33am. It could literally happen anytime!
But my SIL was 5cm dilated and had broken waters, had my niece 2-3 days later.
Good luck momma!

It really doesn't mean anything. You could be 3cm dilated for weeks and not go into labour. You could also be exactly 0cm dilated and have your baby a few hours later.

They don't perform this test in NZ for the exact reason that it doesn't tell you anything about anything.

It really doesn't mean anything. You could be 3cm dilated for weeks and not go into labour. You could also be exactly 0cm dilated and have your baby a few hours later.

They don't perform this test in NZ for the exact reason that it doesn't tell you anything about anything.

It's not the best way to predict labour ! My DS I went in to be checked on the afternoon at exactly 40wk and was 3-4 with bulging membranes . Due to reduced placental function I was induced the next day by AROM . Went straight into established labour baby arrived 4.5hr later . Before my waters were broken I hadn't even had a BH or a even the tiniest show. :haha: . After they broke my water I went from 4cm to 10cm in just over two hours

Sounds like a good start for sure. If your dr sweeps, get a sweep, have sex to get the semen's prostaglandins to help dilate and that babe should be here soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->