39 weeks and cervix still closed!!!

applelicious

Reaction score
im getting so paranoid. i just went to my doctor and he said the baby is not dropping yet and the cervix still closed. im due on the 15th, i wonder why is this happening. anybody here experience the same? :wacko:

Hi hun.

I am 39 weeks. Saw the Dr at my antenatal clinic today and asked for a sweep. They tried but my cervix is still posterior and 2cm long. She said I was barely 1cm dilated and that she couldnt do a sweep but that any examinations could start things off.

Not a thing has happened though but baby was 2/5 engaged. That doesnt mean anything though as it is baby # 4 so they pop in and out at will!! I was having contractions this morning but they stopped when I had a bath. Just fed up now :(

Is this your first? With my daughter I didn't dialate or anything until THE morning I went into labor. It can happen very last minute!! Don't worry :)

im getting so paranoid. i just went to my doctor and he said the baby is not dropping yet and the cervix still closed. im due on the 15th, i wonder why is this happening. anybody here experience the same? :wacko:

The EXACT same thing happened to me!!! I was terrified...

At 38+3 weeks - cervix closed, and baby not dropped enough.
39+1 weeks - cervix slightly open, baby not dropped enough.

Today at 40+1 - 1.5 centimeters dilated, baby dropped!

It turned around fast for me, so hopefully it does for you as well!

My cirvix never turned. They induced labor and over 30 hrs later I still was not turned or dilated. The doc then took control and gave me a c section. Im now about to have my 2nd c section. yes the recovery is harder BUT having a healthy angel in your arms is the best feeling and takes all the pain away, Good luck but either way YOU WILL BE FINE. Promise! I was terrified! :hugs:

At 40+4 appointment today, I was finally 1cm dilated and baby has very slowly begun to drop. It'll happen, baby is taking its time :)

I wasnt dilated at my appointment today either so i totally know how you feel :hugs: my MW said things can change very quickly so I hope in our case it does!!

ohhh thank God i was not the only one having this agony. lol i feel so relieved. i thought theres something wrong with my baby.. huhuhu thanks guys for making me feel alright.
so i think i have to wait 2 more weeks for the baby to come.. maybe im just impatient now.

with my 3rd baby, at 39 weeks i wasn't dilated at all and baby hadn't engaged, 2 days later my waters broke and i went into labor, but when i went in to get checked i still hadn't started dilating! it wasn't until my contractions were 3 minutes apart that i started dilating. and baby didn't engage until i was in full blown labor.

Im 40+1 weeks and my cervix is still closed they couldnt do a sweep but gotta go back weds to see consultant.

when having my 1st my cervix was still closed on the tuesday app and i had baby wednesday moring the very next day so i dont think it means too much xx

Yep, I went from nothing to 10cm in an hour when I was in labour. At 40+4, so I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->