39 weeks and cervix still closed!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by applelicious, Apr 5, 2011.

1. applelicious

applelicious Active Member

im getting so paranoid. i just went to my doctor and he said the baby is not dropping yet and the cervix still closed. im due on the 15th, i wonder why is this happening. anybody here experience the same? :wacko:

2. bluecathy1978

bluecathy1978 Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels

Hi hun.

I am 39 weeks. Saw the Dr at my antenatal clinic today and asked for a sweep. They tried but my cervix is still posterior and 2cm long. She said I was barely 1cm dilated and that she couldnt do a sweep but that any examinations could start things off.

Not a thing has happened though but baby was 2/5 engaged. That doesnt mean anything though as it is baby # 4 so they pop in and out at will!! I was having contractions this morning but they stopped when I had a bath. Just fed up now :(

3. mommy2lexi

mommy2lexi 3rd Trimester!!!

Is this your first? With my daughter I didn't dialate or anything until THE morning I went into labor. It can happen very last minute!! Don't worry :)

4. applelicious

yeah this is my first. by the way what is sweep?

5. MommyMika

MommyMika Well-Known Member

The EXACT same thing happened to me!!! I was terrified...

At 38+3 weeks - cervix closed, and baby not dropped enough.
    39+1 weeks - cervix slightly open, baby not dropped enough.

Today at 40+1 - 1.5 centimeters dilated, baby dropped!

It turned around fast for me, so hopefully it does for you as well!

6. Kountrysk8er

Kountrysk8er Mother of 2

My cirvix never turned. They induced labor and over 30 hrs later I still was not turned or dilated. The doc then took control and gave me a c section. Im now about to have my 2nd c section. yes the recovery is harder BUT having a healthy angel in your arms is the best feeling and takes all the pain away, Good luck but either way YOU WILL BE FINE. Promise! I was terrified! :hugs:

7. cgweegee

cgweegee Well-Known Member

At 40+4 appointment today, I was finally 1cm dilated and baby has very slowly begun to drop. It'll happen, baby is taking its time :)

8. nullaby

nullaby Well-Known Member

I wasnt dilated at my appointment today either so i totally know how you feel :hugs: my MW said things can change very quickly so I hope in our case it does!!

9. applelicious

ohhh thank God i was not the only one having this agony. lol i feel so relieved. i thought theres something wrong with my baby.. huhuhu thanks guys for making me feel alright.
    so i think i have to wait 2 more weeks for the baby to come.. maybe im just impatient now.

10. katratrina

katratrina Mum of 3, and Pregnant!

with my 3rd baby, at 39 weeks i wasn't dilated at all and baby hadn't engaged, 2 days later my waters broke and i went into labor, but when i went in to get checked i still hadn't started dilating! it wasn't until my contractions were 3 minutes apart that i started dilating. and baby didn't engage until i was in full blown labor.

11. Mummiitobe.

Mummiitobe. Well-Known Member

Im 40+1 weeks and my cervix is still closed they couldnt do a sweep but gotta go back weds to see consultant.

12. wigglebump

wigglebump Well-Known Member

when having my 1st my cervix was still closed on the tuesday app and i had baby wednesday moring the very next day so i dont think it means too much xx

13. jessshakespea

jessshakespea Well-Known Member

Yep, I went from nothing to 10cm in an hour when I was in labour. At 40+4, so I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone is different.