3cm, 50% effaced, 34+1 with twins!

MommyPrice

Reaction score
Hi! :wave:

I went to the doctors last week (34+1), and I had progressed from 1.5 cm to 3 cm in a week's time, but was still 50% effaced like before. This is my third pregnancy, but unlike before, I'm not doing anything to encourage labor as I'm still fairly early, and we want these twins to cook a little longer :haha:

With my first, when I was told I was 3cm at 38+0, I received a membrane sweep and my waters broke the next day. With my second, I was 3cm at 37+0, and had a failed membrane sweep (x2). At 38+0, I was 5cm, and went into labor that night. With both kids though, I was using evening primrose oil vaginally for a few weeks, was trying to walk a lot, stimulate nipples, along with any other old wives tale.

Just wondering how long you were at 3cm, or what the most common time frame is. I know people can walk around for a month or longer at 3cm, but I'm presuming that's not typical. Hoping to get an "average" length of time, as I only have 3.5 hour labors and I live 2 hours away from the hospital! Thanks everyone in advance :hugs:

With my first, I was 3cm for a week before I went into labor, with my second, I found out I was 3.5cm and went into labor that night, and with my third I went into labor when I was about 2.5cm dilated, and was 3.5cm when I got to the hospital.

I'd say, be prepared in case you need to rush off, but there's also a chance you may last longer because you're not trying to go into labor, and the fact that you made it to 5cm before labor started last time is encouraging. :hugs:

Just had my first in August. Was 2 cm at 39w then at 39w6d woke with minor contractions and went to an already scheduled appt and was 3 cm. Went to hospital 12 hours later when contractions were 4-5mins apart and was 4 cm 80% effaced and was given the epidural right away! I'm a wuss but was happy they let me get it right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->