3cm-60% effaced. How much longer?

mommydrgnfly

Prego w/ 4th.
Reaction score
:growlmad: This is starting to frusterate me. My due date is not until November 12th but I am already at a 3 and 60% effaced so I am experiencing pain. Its getting so confusing at this point. I went from a 2 to a 3 four days. Went into hospital last night because they told me if I was 10 minutes a part (because hospital is 20 minutes away) to come in.. well they were 10 minutes a part and that is how I found out I went from a 2 to a 3. They monitored me for 2 hours but no changes. My contractions while in the hospital were less than 10 minutes a part but were at that point ranging from 5-9 minutes. So obviously I am home now. By the way I walked the mall Sunday which might have brought on the contractions like that. Today my contractions have been stronger but not consistant.
This is my 4th child but my other 3 were induced at the hospital and went extremely fast. Also had my water broke those times for me. So this is like a new experience for me. What do you guys think? Have any of you had a baby before and remember how long it took to get from a 3 to active labor?:shrug:

Well, I was 3 cm for about 3 weeks, with both my babies, then 4 cm that last week before birth. But, in contrast to you, I wasn't having contractions. I just walked around dilated! Both labors were induced, at 39+4, and 39 weeks respectively. I don't know the answer for you, but it certainly sounds as if your body is gearing up quite well. Probably you will not go until Nov. 12, it seems. And your labor will be shorter since you've already got a lot of the work out of the way! Good luck to you xxx

Ive been 4cm since 32 weeks (had been 2-3 at the start of the pregnancy) at 35 weeks my cervix was soft though they dont tell anything else here. I was also having contractions at 35 weeks as I had a regular hospital appointment and they strapped me up to a monitor for a while. Ive had pretty much constant backache with period pain for weeks too. :growlmad:

I dont know about you, but Ive had enough of it now. Ive had a awful nights sleep with the pain which Ive woke up with. Im just ready to meet baby now. Luckily Ive got a hospital appointment again tomorrow so will get another check and hopefully my induction date as Ive got gestational diabetes and was also induced with my first.

Hopefully baby isnt going to keep you waiting much longer! :hugs:

oww we pretty much due at same time lol..awesome! With past pregnancies once I hit 4cm it was fast labor after that.. but they were induced.. i can't wait for this to be over.I am now 20 minutes a part.. but not going to get excited until I am either 10 and in pain or 5.. hospital 20 minutes away so doc told me to go in when they are 10 mins a part..so frusterating blah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->