3D U/S for Gender Determination, Give me your Opinions! :)

cskme_

Reaction score
So my next scan is on June 22nd (19 weeks), and unfortunately any scan I book has to be before 1pm. DH works in construction and is unable to take any time off from work to come to my ultrasounds. He would love to come but it is too risky as they lay people off at the drop of a hat out here.

I called this 3D Ultrasound place, it is $90 for a package, its a 30 min 3D scan, gender determination, a CD with photos and 2 printed photos.

I booked an appointment for June 14th, I will be 18 weeks by then. I know its only a week before my original scan but it would mean a lot to me to have DH there. Personally its worth the $90 just to have him see the baby and find out the gender at the same time as me.

What does everyone think of this? I heard 18 week 3D scans are pretty scary to look at, that's the only thing I am afraid of. I almost would rather it be 2D so I don't freak myself out, but that option isn't available.
Has anyone else had a 3D scan for gender determination? Sorry for the novel...

Sounds like a great idea. They will start the scan off in 2d and then move to 3d. They will do the gender determination in 2d as its much clearer and much more accurate to do so :)

3d Isnt scary.... The tech flipped ours to 3d at 14 weeks, the baby just has like no fat so it Looks a little different. But once they determine the gender you could always ask them for 2d again. At 18 weeks though the baby should be looking a little more as you would hope :) enjoy it!

Thanks ladies! I'm going to go have it done either way as I would love for DH to be able to see. I have seen a few scary pictures online, just close-up face photos where the eyes look big and dark and scary and the faces look really distorted. I am fine with the fact that it'll be alien-like and skinny, I just hope the face isn't as creepy as some of the photos I have seen lol.

I think you'll absolutely love seeing your LOL in 3d even early at 18 weeks :)

Also if it helps we did gender confirmination with 3d and it was very clear and obvious. This is my son. :)

https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb343/yourstruly20102011/UC%20BABY_0024.jpg

I think you'll absolutely love seeing your LOL in 3d even early at 18 weeks :)

Also if it helps we did gender confirmination with 3d and it was very clear and obvious. This is my son. :)

https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb343/yourstruly20102011/UC%20BABY_0024.jpg

That's so cool! That's good to know that their "parts" are so well formed around that time. I am super excited, the next three weeks are going to drag I can guarantee lol

:haha: it can be a little creepy but.... you will probably think your baby is cute! hahah... (or maybe that's just me? :haha:). baby will be moving around as the tech is scanning, so the picture is constantly changing (less creepy. it's pretty cool, actually). The still picture you see online are probably one of those scary ones.

But anyways... all parents will think their babies are cute. :haha:

They will do 2D too, I'm sure!
It was a little creepy at first, but you soon start to think about how cool it is that you're baby is moving, has a cute little nose, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->