3dpo - Trying Shettles method for a girl - our 3rd and final baby

Eltjuh

Mum to Lucas and Logan
Reaction score
We've got 2 gorgeous boys, 4.5 and 1.5 yrs old. But we would like one more little one to complete our little family and would love a girl! I'm pretty desperate for a girl, knowing it will be our last! So we decided to try the Shettles method for a girl. I know there is conflicting research on it and some people totally believe in it and others think it's total BS. I'm on the fence as I've read some info that says it's Bs. But then I saw this couple on tv who tried the Shettles girl method and got their girl, the first girl in the family in 200+ years! Ofcourse it could be a coincidence but it would be very lucky!!

Anyway i figured: we can try. If i fall pregnant and it's another boy I'd be happy with that too.

Currently I'm on 3dpo - I'm temping - and hoping to hold out testing until Saturday (9dpo). We dtd on days 4, 6 and 8 before O. I was feeling pretty positive/optimistic about this cycle, which is our first btw, but I ovulated one day later than expected (cycles are still regulating after stopping the pill) so I got all discouraged...dunno why. It's silly I know.

Does anyone want to join me?? Or does anyone have some positive stories for me??

Just wanted to get back on bnb and introduce myself aswell.

Hello and welcome back to BnB! I am about 2/3 dpo now and am trying for my third as well. I already have a girl and a boy but my children get along better with other children of the same gender so I would like to try for another girl and boy. It is actually harder for us to get a boy in my family lol. We've only had 2 born in the past 50 years so another boy would be a blessing however seeing as I'm coming off a mmc in July so I'm really hoping for a healthy baby this time, regardless of gender. Hopefully you and I get our BFPs this month! Good luck and baby dust!

We are also trying for our 3rd and hoping for a girl too!

I'm following the swaying ideas from the gender dreaming forum which focuses more on diet and other factors. We are only doing one attempt around ovulation time which they have shown to sway girl. I use OPKs and then BD once when we get a positive.

I'm pretty sure my brother & SIL were trying shettles (they didn't say specially but I know they were tying for a girl). They ended up struggling to conceive at all and I'm guessing it is because of the long cut off.

Anyway, good luck! You never know it does sometimes work but as you said, you O'd one day later than you expected so it throws out the whole cycle.

When we were ttc #2 (Logan) we were going to try Shettles for a girl, but I had a mc at 8 weeks and after that I really didn't care anymore, I just wanted to get pregnant again!
That's the only bad thing about trying the girl Shettles method, that you have to have about 3 days between the last dtd and O to try to get a girl, cause it seriously decreases your chances I guess. Since you're more likely to conceive closer to O.

I was lucky to O only 1 day later than expected though, as before I used to always O on CD20, but then after the pill it was seriously off and last cycle I didn't O until CD24 and before that CD28 (if at all, I didn't temp religiously then and the chart was all over the place)

Hopefully we can all get our BFPs this month!! I'm already tempted to test because hubby came home with a lot of pregnancy tests yesterday because he works for a healthcare company (30 dip sticks and 2 midstreams) But I know there is NO way I'd get anything on there yet.

Good luck hun I hope u fall pregnant quickly and hope it's a girl for u
I wanted a girl but wasn't Ment to be and having boy number three which I am extremely happy about now! This is defo last baby for us tho and am still slightly sad I'll never have my girl X fingers crossed for u x

I had a temp dip yesterday and it spiked right back up to 37.08 this morning. (it went down to 36.6 or so yesterday) I think I might've slept with my mouth open yesterday, but I wouldn't think that would make your temp dip that far.
But I also know that a temp dip doesn't necessarily mean anything, it could be an implantation dip, but there are plenty of non-pregnant charts that have a dip around 6dpo too.

7dpo today, BFN but obviously it's still very early! I'll probably test every day now :p

So I tested this morning and we (me & hubby) both thought we say a very very VERY faint line. So I tried again this afternoon and got this. Can anyone else see that?? (the picture was taken around 4mins, so within the time limit)

Attachments

• 8dpo PM 4mins_opt.jpg
    8dpo PM 4mins_opt.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 47
Got another faint positive yesterday, both on dipstrip and midstream test. And a bit stronger today! :happydance:

Now to wait and find out if the Shettles method worked! :p

Just thought I'd post my bfp's :haha:
My husband gets them for free from work, so I've been going a little crazy!

Attachments

• 7-12 dpo.jpg
    7-12 dpo.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 39
Looks like they are getting darker nicely!

I'm so jealous of your free HPT supply!!

Hi. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm WWT number 2 at the moment but we plan to try the Shettles method as well as some dietary factors. Will you be finding out gender at a scan? If so please update us :) x

Yes we will be! We got our 20 week scan on the 8th of March, but we might do a gender reveal, so we'll get the sonographer to write it down and put it in an envelope and I'll give it to a friend who'll make a gender reveal cake :) So we'll probably still find out that week.
Not sure on that part yet though, cause I'm in 2 minds about it, I don't know whether I can keep myself from finding out on the day :haha:

But either way I'll update (or try to remember to update :winkwink:)

Huge congrats on your pregnancy! I'm also trying the shettles method for a girl, and REALLY want to know what your baby's gender is! :flower: I really hope you got your girl on board! :cloud9:

We both reckon it's a girl, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.... I'm still scared that I go in there and they tell me it's a boy and I'll be disappointed. I should be ok, but you never know!!

My skin is definitely worse than it was before and than it has been with my boys. I remember with my first my skin was really nice and after I had him I was like: I want my pregnancy skin back!!! So that's supposed to be a sign it's a girl, but hey, old wives tales and all that...... there's a reason they're called old wives tales :haha:

I'm counting down the days :haha:

Today our scan was finally here!!!! We're having a girl!! :cloud9:

So the Shettles method worked for us! Just in case anyone ever googles whether it worked: we bd on day 8, 6 and 4 before O. :winkwink:

YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! Huge congrats!!! Thanks for the update!!! :)

Congratulations!!! Fab news :)

Quick question, we tried the Shettles method and BD 7, 5, 4 & 3 days before ovulation. Sadly AF arrived today. Any other pointers or tips?? X

Congratulations!! It is always lovely to see someone getting their much wanted girl! :)

Congratulations!! It is always lovely to see someone getting their much wanted girl! :)

Definitely!! I'm already buying some pink things - as it was SO clear on the scan that she's a girl.... Love being allowed to shop, cause we need the clothes! :haha: Never really got to do that with our boys, because my SIL had boys and gave us a lot of clothes, especially for the first year or so. And then we had another boy who just wears whatever his brother wore. And now we can actually shop!! :happydance: My sister said she can give us whatever doesn't fit her little girl anymore and what she doesn't want to keep, but I kinda don't want her to, just so I can have that experience of buying your own stuff! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->