3dpo - Trying Shettles method for a girl - our 3rd and final baby

Today our scan was finally here!!!! We're having a girl!! :cloud9:

So the Shettles method worked for us! Just in case anyone ever googles whether it worked: we bd on day 8, 6 and 4 before O. :winkwink:

Congratulations I have always wondered if this really worked x

Hey Eltjuh, has it hit home yet that you're having your little girl!! I have 2 boys and TTC #3, this will be our last - any tips, advice or anything you can share would be fab! Of course if we're meant to have a little boy, fabulous but would sooo love a little girl xx

I'm still not totally used to it, but loving being able to buy all the cute girl clothes!! I've been looking at them for a long time and been hoping I could one day buy some for our own little girl!
Mothercare has a sale on, so I had to pop in there today when I was downtown anyway. Bought a 3 pack of pink sleepsuits (£8 - half price) and a cute little dungaree set (£12 - 30% off). There was something else I loved, but I thought I won't go crazy (just yet :haha:)

I don't have much advice... I took my bbt for about a month before we started trying to see around what time I ovulated, then the next month we only BD on day 8, 6 and 4 before O. No special positions or anything like that.... didn't put my legs in the air either... Just make sure you don't BD for 3 days before O and ofcourse nothing until after O has been and gone, so only when you're not fertile anymore after O. I've read of people who have had boys eventhough they didn't BD around O, but I figured I'll give it a try. So I'm guessing it doesn't work for everyone, but luckily it did for us!! :cloud9:

Congratulations!! Did you do your cake in the end or did you cave at the scan haha?

No we just asked at the scan... though the sonographer was already cleaning some of the gel off me and I was like: WAIT!!! We need to know!! She wasn't even gonna ask if we wanted to know! So we asked if we could have a look. Which she was fine with, luckily - cause I've heard of some sonographers who don't want to do it, which I think is absolutely ridiculous, since it takes them 2 seconds to find it and have a look.

It was so clear though! Not the usual '3 lines' thing. She must've zoomed right in or something, cause it actually looked just like labia :haha: And she said it's a girl and didn't say: but don't go buying any pink yet! Just in case!! Even when my husband was punching the air going: Yes!!! :happydance: haha - it was so funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->