3rd boy on the way

Poppiebug

Reaction score
Just wanted to pop this down somewhere...

So yesterday I found out (I had the NIPT test) that boy #3 is on the way. I am of course disappointed that I will never get my girl, and did have a moment of tears. I hate that I feel this way about it, especially because we had a loss in January and all we wanted was a healthy baby. All test results show that things are really good. So how can I complain? I had these feelings with DS2 and as soon as I got into planning his room and did some shopping I lost those feelings. I hope this will be the same. The only sinking feeling I guess is that this is my last. One thing I am excited about is that I have a super awesome name that I love, and DH is slowing coming around to the idea.

Hey!

Hopefully that feeling disappears!
I also found out we were having a third boy after being told by numerous people that it was going to be a girl... the first and second day were horrible but i let myself have a good old cry at the thought of never having a girl and told myself its not this little guys fault!

And now 5 weeks have passed and I am beyond excited and not about having another boy but about having another baby and another little one to bring up and love!! In reality what was i upset about? Not being able to buy a dress or a bow? Fluff it, ill just go out and buy myself more dresses haha

Hope you do feel better about it soon xoxoxo

Thanks Buttercupbabi.
I agree. There will be no less love for this little guy, it's just my grief on not getting the girl I guess. After that initial night, I've been good. I've done some shopping for him already and DH has really come around to the name I wanted (I think he would have always come round, just only wanted to face that when it became reality). I'm looking forward to my next scan in a week and a bit and hopefully will get a visual confirmation on the boy thing. The tech was able to see this at 12 weeks with DS2 so hoping that its all on show this time too.

Aww I have 3 boys hun and I felt Excali the same .. I cried when I found out but it soon passed and I love having all boys now (do still want a girl tho) and my third boy is truely a joy x

I know how you feel just the opposite. I'm expecting my 6th girl... I have two older boys and was not the best mom when they were younger. (I was really young-no excuse just the truth) I feel like I've missed out on raising a boy.

I remember feeling like this with my 3rd girl, I am having a fourth and am team green because I don't want to deal with the disappointment this pregnancy. Let yourself feel and don't feel ashamed :hugs: xx

Thanks for your replies everyone, it means a lot. I am really doing ok with this and tomorrow is my NT scan and hoping to get that nub shot confirmation so I can really get on with planning his room and shopping!

How was the scan Poppybug?

Scan was great! He's measuring as he should be and all the things in the right place. Didn't get a proper visual on the boy things as he wasn't in a great position, but I'm sure I got a glimpse.

Looking forward to my 20 week scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"