• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3rd round of speech therapy

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
I hope it's OK to post this in this section...

Ds1 has a speech delay. He had 6 sessions of group therapy, then 6 one on one sessions with the same therapist and we now have 3 sessions with what we were described as speech therapist who will help with diagnostic.

Anyone have any experience?

Thanks x

My daughter had speech from 1 year until 7 years. It's great, fun and useful information. Diagnostic will likely be someone assessing to see if there is a diagnosis involved. Usually a bunch of fun games which are testing to get a result. Don't worry. .. It will still be fun.

My daughter had speech from 1 year until 7 years. It's great, fun and useful information. Diagnostic will likely be someone assessing to see if there is a diagnosis involved. Usually a bunch of fun games which are testing to get a result. Don't worry. .. It will still be fun.
Thank you, it's a week tomorrow and I must admit I'm a little nervous x

Hello sorryabout late reply! First session went well, she seemed really positive about everything and was happy with his progress.
Her aim is to get him up to 50 words (we last measured roughly 20) as this is when she feels he will hit his "word explosion"
2More sessions although not sure what the plan is after x

We're still waiting for our first appointment from salt 7 months it's been they had 3 therapist leave at the one time March and that's them just replacing them so annoying. Your wee ones the same age as my son is that what normally happens then group sessions then one on one?? X

We're still waiting for our first appointment from salt 7 months it's been they had 3 therapist leave at the one time March and that's them just replacing them so annoying. Your wee ones the same age as my son is that what normally happens then group sessions then one on one?? X
I think it can vary area to area as I have read some people have had a different experience to myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morris98
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->