3rd trimester is when

justonemore31

Reaction score
So I'm 26weeks 5 days today. When did y'all move on to the 3rd trimester? Did you consider yourself to be in 3rd trimester when you turned 27 or 28? This isnt my first kid but I'm just curious what you all go by.

Hi, i started counting as 3rd trimester when i started 27th week, just couldn't wait to start thinking that i am in the 3rd trimester!

Going by my pregnancy book its week 27 hon but some things on line say week 28.
I'm going with week 27 that's when I'll be coming on over to 3rd tri. That's if I make it that far. Fingers crossed [-o<

I thought it was 27w too cuz last pregnancy i went into preterm labor at 27w and I remember the doctor saying I was 7 months and obviously thats 3rd trimester. Thanks girls!!

I thought it was 27w too cuz last pregnancy i went into preterm labor at 27w and I remember the doctor saying I was 7 months and obviously thats 3rd trimester. Thanks girls!!

Go with 27 weeks hon. My pregnancy book is quite a new one and it's so good and it days 3rd tri starts at 26 27 weeks

I've looked this up many times over the years and what makes the most sense and seems to be commonly believed is that the 40 weeks are split into an even-ish number of weeks, most often considered to be 13, 14, 13 weeks - giving the second tri the extra week. So the second tri would start at 13 weeks and third tri would start at 27 weeks. For the third tri to start at 28, it would mean the other trimesters would each have 14 weeks and the third tri would have 12, which is less balanced.

I think where the valid argument lies is which trimester should get the extra week. Some believe the first tri gets it and the second tri starts at 14 weeks and the third at 27 weeks. Others believe the last tri gets it making the second tri start at 13 weeks and the third tri at 26 weeks. I guess it is something that will always be disagreed upon, though. It is definitely an interesting discussion, but in the grand scheme of things, not a big enough deal for people to fight about. :friends:

Ooooo I am loving this post. I am 27w 1d and thought I had another week to wait yet. I guess I will scoot over this way now.....HIIII *waves*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->