4-5 weeks scare, personal experience please ladies!!

Steff1611

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am 5 weeks today and I have been having some pain, i went for a scan on Friday which made me 4w 5d, we couldn't see anything at all but I half expected it due to it being so early. I had blood taken that day and I got told to come back today to make sure my hormones are increasing.

I got a call this evening telling me that my hormones have doubled in 48 hours but they still want me in for a scan, I'm going for it on Thursday which will make me 5w 4d. I believe they are re scanning me due to not seeing anything in the first scan and not because of the blood tests. BUT will it still be too early?

Ladies please tell me of any personal experience like this or any info you may have regardless of the outcome. Thanks in advance xx

They prob just want to see if they can find the sac in the right place I expect hun. Sounds really promising for you though - lots of luck and hugs x

I had a scan at 5weeks 4 days and they only saw a sac, very normal. I went back at 6weeks 4days and saw a baby and heartbeat. Sometimes it's just to early!!

It's hard being patient but that's all we can do!

For my first LO i was so worried i had to have a scan at 6 and 7 weeks, at the time they had to do an internal scan and saw the sac. At the time i had pain, i was cramping and my back was killing me.

Well, i am going through the same thing now, i am 4wk 3 days and i barely left my bed yesterday. I was complaining to DH that i don't remember it being this way with my LO but he has a better memory and reminded me that i was just as sick the firs time around.

This time around i am going to wait, i know it is really hard but i have experience to help me.

Goodluck, i hope you are just having the usual symptoms and the will pass soon.

Have you had any spotting or bleeding? If not things look pretty good from my experience. No sac for me until 5 weeks and no yolk, fetal pole, or heartbeat until 6 6.5 weeks. Hang in there!

I had a scan at 4w 5d and they seen nothing
Went back at 6 weeks 5d they saw a yolk sack and a heartbeat
GL

From what I understand the fact your hormones have doubled is a much more important indication that everything is fine then them not seeing a sac so very early.

I'm 5w2d, haven't made my appointment yet, and am spotting quite a bit, I just wAnted to say for anyone else who reads this thread later that if your spotting this early it can be completely normal and you should not worry unless your doctor is concerned. I understand miscarriage is a huge fear for a lot of us but lots of women bleed in the first month of pregnancy and deliver perfect healthy babies!

From what I understand the fact your hormones have doubled is a much more important indication that everything is fine then them not seeing a sac so very early.

I'm 5w2d, haven't made my appointment yet, and am spotting quite a bit, I just wAnted to say for anyone else who reads this thread later that if your spotting this early it can be completely normal and you should not worry unless your doctor is concerned. I understand miscarriage is a huge fear for a lot of us but lots of women bleed in the first month of pregnancy and deliver perfect healthy babies!

Scarlet369 I agree and if fact spotted myself this cycle and was only curious if her doctor wanting her back for a scan before 8 weeks was due to an outlying factor such as bleeding/spotting accompanying her pain.

I had heavy bleeding with my ectopic and just spotting this time around but my RE's office has a triage of questions to determine when and how many scans they want before 8 weeks if at all. I'm just curious why they want her back for a scan less than a week after this one. A few more days later and there'd be more to see and less worry for her.

I had a scan at 5 weeks 1 day in my last pregnancy and they were able to see the sac. I am going to be 5 weeks tomorrow, but I dont have a scan until 6 weeks 2 days. I think every doctor does things differently. I had 1 doctor years ago that only did 1 blood test to confirm pregnancy, no others, and then you had your ultrasound at 8 weeks, nothing else before that. This time I am going in for my 4th blood test tomorrow. Everything has come out great so far but she is a more cautious doctor. Maybe your doctor is that way too.

According to my last period I should be 7 weeks however I know I ovulated really late, I stopped doing ovulation tests last month after day 14 and gave up, I assumed I wasnt going to ovulate, then my period never came (I also temp charted up to day 14). According to my scan last friday I was 'more like 5 weeks' pregnant since there was a small sac with a yolk inside. I reckon I am about 5 weeks 4 days.

I get my blood results tomo and go back for a scan in two weeks so hopefully it will be late on enough for a heartbeat to put me at ease, good luck/fingers crossed, I rekon it very early to tell anything with you and your hormone levels are defo a great sign x

that is still very early to see something..wonder why they dont make it for a week later then that...all there going to do ispossibly worry you even more

I had a scan at 5w4d and saw only a sac, I am going back tomorrow

I had a scan at 5weeks 4 days and they only saw a sac, very normal. I went back at 6weeks 4days and saw a baby and heartbeat. Sometimes it's just to early!!

Dolly nurse - did your sac have a yolk sac in or was it completely empty? Do you know how big it was?

Sorry to crash the thread :hugs:

that is still very early to see something..wonder why they dont make it for a week later then that...all there going to do ispossibly worry you even more

That's exactly what I thought. If they don't see anything this time will they tell me I've miscarried? What if its too early n I haven't actually miscarried?!

Dolly nurse - did your sac have a yolk sac in or was it completely empty? Do you know how big it was?

It was empty! They acted so calm and said yep there's the sac but no baby yet and my hubby said where is the baby!

They assured me only seeing a sac so early is normal. Then at 6 weeks 4days sure enough a sac yolk and baby all there!

I pick the DVD up tomorrow but I remember them saying it was a normal size. Sorry not much help!!!!

It was empty! They acted so calm and said yep there's the sac but no baby yet and my hubby said where is the baby!

They assured me only seeing a sac so early is normal. Then at 6 weeks 4days sure enough a sac yolk and baby all there!

I pick the DVD up tomorrow but I remember them saying it was a normal size. Sorry not much help!!!!

This exact scenario happened to me dollynurse and exactly the same timing. A lot of threads with ladies in 4-6 weeks scan purgatory.

I wouldn't worry.

I'm surprised many doctors in the US want their patients to come in before the 12 weeks.

My doctor will see me at my 12 week scan (I'm 10weeks and 3 days now) and wouldn't see me sooner unless I had bleeding or debilitating cramps.

Try not to worry. 5 weeks ago from weeks 5-7 I was so nervous! But time really does fly by. Just don't think about it and let your body do what it needs to do. Focus on eating and resting and destressing and work. :)

you can ask them for a few days later...it would make alot of difference and make you worry less just incase you dont see something so early again...

i mean if you go in and its still to ealry all ur going to do is worry...
but know at ur stage usually people dont see anything at all.....and they turn out having happy healthy babies

:)

if it was me i would ask for maybe closer to 7 weeks to i know for sure ill see something, because not everyone see something before that..

(hug)

Wanted to update on this, at my appointment they sent me to the ER. I had blood and a scan and they couldnt see a sac but my bloods looked good for a 4week pregnancy, I was sent back for a 2nd hcg and had almost doubled, I have to have a third and a second U/s but theyre assuming that although Im still labeled a threatened miscarriage that I ovulated later then expected and thats why they didnt see a sac.

My main thought here is to just not freak out and help anyone else going through this not freak out! Your bleeding could just be hormonal changes and your cervix adjusting! Positive thoughts ladies!!!

Hi all I'm 4 weeks 1 day I'm exhausted I fall to sleep in the afternoon for about an hour every after noon I have lots of cramping and I'm also tearful just a mess really lol, I have my first docs app tomorrow to confirm pregnancy.. Anyone else got a little bump yet ? X

Hi all I'm 4 weeks 1 day I'm exhausted I fall to sleep in the afternoon for about an hour every after noon I have lots of cramping and I'm also tearful just a mess really lol, I have my first docs app tomorrow to confirm pregnancy.. Anyone else got a little bump yet ? X

hi, your bump is bloat..will go up and down as time goes on and once the baby bump moves in it will go away :)

but non the less its fun to see it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->