• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4+5wks pg with #2. Come and share your journey with me :D

Emmysmommy I'd be pretty upset too in that position, and it wouldn't just be the hormones! Seriously, men think if they just blame us and the hormones then it gets them off the hook!

Hi to May and jdcurly :wave: h&h 9 months to both of you :)

Mummy3ds I'm glad to hear everything was well at the scan :D you must have been so happy to hear the hb. We don't get appts till 8wks over here (unless maybe if you pay to go private, idk) and the midwife won't check for a hb with a doppler until after the 12wk scan. Or at least they don't at the surgery I go to. I do understand why as it can be difficult to pick up the hb with a doppler that early and they obviously don't want to panic you if they don't find it when everything is probably fine and bean might just be tucked away at the back or something! But would still be nice to be able to have a listen before seeing baby at 12wks.

6wks today :) still feel nada. But across the back of my pelvis and in my groin (hip joints basically) have been achey and spd-ish since yesterday. Hope it doesn't set in yet though as that was agony last time :( apart from that, increased hunger/thirst/peeing etc. Still no nausea or sickness (touch wood).

Have begun a light 10min pregnancy work out and doing half an hour light cycling to keep in shape as I want to try not to gain too much excess weight. The only reason I didn't gain much last time was because of the constant throwing up but if I don't get that then I'm going to have to counteract all this extra food from the constant hunger somehow! Also heard that exercise actually helps reduce nausea and MS too so that's a bonus :) gotta stay ship shape if I'm going to have any hope of keeping up with DS when i'm the size of a small whale :haha:

Im in the UK too. Im under the consultant due to recurrent mcs "and my age" so I get a scan at 6, 8,10, 12 and 20 and then any others as ds4 was a bit on the small side xx

I love the work out plan, lilmiss. I've been trying to move more too, but ack, its so hard. :sleep:

Emmysmommy I'd be pretty upset too in that position, and it wouldn't just be the hormones! Seriously, men think if they just blame us and the hormones then it gets them off the hook!

Hi to May and jdcurly :wave: h&h 9 months to both of you :)

Mummy3ds I'm glad to hear everything was well at the scan :D you must have been so happy to hear the hb. We don't get appts till 8wks over here (unless maybe if you pay to go private, idk) and the midwife won't check for a hb with a doppler until after the 12wk scan. Or at least they don't at the surgery I go to. I do understand why as it can be difficult to pick up the hb with a doppler that early and they obviously don't want to panic you if they don't find it when everything is probably fine and bean might just be tucked away at the back or something! But would still be nice to be able to have a listen before seeing baby at 12wks.

6wks today :) still feel nada. But across the back of my pelvis and in my groin (hip joints basically) have been achey and spd-ish since yesterday. Hope it doesn't set in yet though as that was agony last time :( apart from that, increased hunger/thirst/peeing etc. Still no nausea or sickness (touch wood).

Have begun a light 10min pregnancy work out and doing half an hour light cycling to keep in shape as I want to try not to gain too much excess weight. The only reason I didn't gain much last time was because of the constant throwing up but if I don't get that then I'm going to have to counteract all this extra food from the constant hunger somehow! Also heard that exercise actually helps reduce nausea and MS too so that's a bonus :) gotta stay ship shape if I'm going to have any hope of keeping up with DS when i'm the size of a small whale :haha:

Thanks, LilMiss. Best wishes for an H&H 9 months to you as well. I've been recently increasing my activity level as well. Doing low paced walks on the treadmill. Hopefully this will help me drop a few before 2nd and 3rd tri. My bmi is well over 30, so I'm limited to 10 pounds or less of weight gain for my entire pregnancy. I love the idea of cycling, do you find that cycling is easier while pregnant?

Thanks tankel :) it is hard but once you start it gets easier. I feel much better for doing it too.

Jdcurly well I didn't cycle during my first pregnancy, I only started afterwards but I built up to doing 2hrs a day and only took a short break so going back to half an hour a day now isn't hard. But if you're thinking about starting cycling regularly if you haven't before I'd probably check with your doc on how much and how often to start off with :)

I am 4 weeks today with my second. My son will be 3 when the new baby arrives.

Hi ladies, how's everyone getting on?

Welcome Hope! Congrats :) x

Hi lilmiss.
I'm in another tww as last Thursday I had a scan. I thought I was 5+2 but we just saw a sac. I'm remaining positive because I think I feel morning sickness creeping in.
how are you doing?

Hey Spud,
I'm so sorry things at the scan weren't as expected. Glad you still seem to be getting symptoms though. could you have just been not as far along as you'd thought? Are they going to rescan you soon to give you some answers?
I'm doing ok, am having some doubts and worries though. I've still not really got ANY symptoms and when I think about the symptoms I thought I was having they're kind of normal af symptoms for me. Only different thing is enlarged/firmer bbs. And a couple of days ago I was having shooting pains in my pelvis and light cramping so all in all I'm kind of worried. I never had these concerns with DS as I had such strong symptoms. I just don't want to go to my scan at 12wks and find out something went wrong weeks ago. But on the other hand don't want to go to a&e or get the gp to refer me for no good reason when I know there are ladies in much more serious situations waiting to get scans/monitoring etc. I don't know what to do :shrug:

Aw lilmiss. I am sorry to hear that you are worried. I know that every pregnancy is different. I keep trying to compare this one with my others but I know we shouldn't.
If you are really worried though I would say put yourself first and go and see someone. Are you able to get a doctors appointment quickly to refer you for a scan? or is there an early pregnancy clinic nearby where you can book a private one?

Regarding a+e, if that's your only option I think you should go. I hear you don't get early scans in the UK. I think the staff will not mind at all. They would probably rather you get checked out and it is nothing wrong than to not get checked out all all and there be a problem. I know what you mean though about not wanting to go because I feel like that too....what if someone else needs it more. But I think it's important to put yourself and the baby first and if it turns out that baby is fine and you just feel silly then i would take that anyday :)

I get the odd pain here and there too. I guess because I have had the early scan at least I know everything is in the right place. If anything is wrong I guess it's a bog standard miscarriage.
I don't think it's easy being on these forums sometimes in early pregnancy because if you haven't had any miscarriages personally every other person has. It's so worrying.

I will have a scan two weeks after the last one but I haven't got my appointment through yet. I estimated 5+2 by the hpts. ON 30th april I poas and it was a bfn (I actually threw it in the cupboard after three minutes because af was a day late by my guess and if that second line didn't pop up straight away it wasn't going to....or so I thought). When I looked at it two days later it dried with a line so I guessed 30th april to be 9dpo but it could have been 10, 11 or 12dpo I suppose.
Also, didn't you get your bfp after me? Perhaps you are not as far along as you think either so you don't have all the symptoms yet.

I'm hoping/waiting for morning sickness because then I know at least that things are progressing. I keep thinking I feel slightly nauseous but I'm not sure if it's in my head or not. With dd it arrived 6 weeks exactly and with the last pregnancy it crept it at 6 weeks then hit with a vengeance at 7.

Please let me know how you get on.

Morning tankel I am ok, feeling sick morning noon and night! How r u?? Xx

Im doing much better. I only get small waves of feeling :sick: and I can take em!

Yes I know what you mean, mine are waves of nausea mixed with waves of feeling sick! Im just constantly eating and drinking lol
When do you have a scan? x

I'm not going for a scan. I still don't even have a midwife :dohh:

I'm not going for a scan. I still don't even have a midwife :dohh:

Ok is this protocol in the US? under normal circumstances I wouldnt have had seen the mw until about 9 weeks and had a scan at 12 weeks but due to my losses I am under the hospital so am scanned at 6, 8, 10 & 12 weeks and I saw the mw last friday xx

Where I live, most good MWs wont see you until you are 12 wks and then you get one can at around 20 wks. I am going to skip that scan though as I just don't want to know anything. And yes, I'm :wacko:

Hi ladies! Feeling nausea on and off - some days nothing and then other days it's constant! I'm getting increasingly larger in the tummy - obviously not showing since I'm not quite 8 weeks, but I seem to be constantly bloated and just larger! On the scale I haven't really gained much if anything, but my regular pants no longer button comfortably lol.

How's everyone else doing?

Oh and the hormones! Yikes I'm a lot to handle these days!!

Hello. Yes the hormones are getting me too...or getting everyone else really ha ha.
I've had small bouts of morning sickness. I'm expecting it to hit with full force soon though I'm hoping it won't be as bad as before.

I get offered all the early scans too. I think it will put my mind at ease or I can sort anything out early if it's wrong. though I'm hoping nothing is wrong.

Lilmiss - we haven't heard from you. How are you getting on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexJEllison
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->