4 healthy children then 2 m/c

Dawn2411

Mom of 2 girls and 2 boys
Reaction score
Not sure if this is where I should post this but I was Just wondering if any one else has had this problem. I have 4 children with no m/c until after after my 4th child I had 2 m/c. I had my last child at the age of 35 and my first m/c at the age of 37 and the 2nd at age 38 (I'm 39 now). My doctor says she thinks it's just a fluke that I had the 2 m/c but I just don't understand why I would have 4 healthy children and then start having m/c's. Any Ideas? Also we are ttc and I have been getting a positive on my ovulation tests each mo. but the last 2 mos. I haven't gotten one. Any Ideas about that would be great too. Thanks.

hi im the same 3 healthy teenagers and since my last kid in 1996 iv had 3 mc , last 2 in 2010, iv no clue what cld be happening with the opks , i use the cbfm and i dont always get a peak on that but i know i have Oed ,

Sorry to hear about your loss too Susan. Maybe it has to do with our age? Could you tell me what oed is?

hi, Oed is short for ovulation , i do know they say after 35 there is a higher chance of mc , but there is a lot of woman older go on to have healthy babys alot of woman in my family over 40 have all had healthy babys oldest being 46 , hav you been to get checked out to see if there is a problem , after mine in dec im booked in to the recurrent mc in march31st ages away , so sorry for your losses to and im sure soon we will have another wee sticky baby :flower:

I did see my doct. after the last mc and she said she would run tests if I have 1 more mc. Yes hopefully we both will get a baby soon:) Btw my husband and I recently took a trip to Vegas and meet a couple from scotland, they were the nicest people and had the most amazing accent lol. Thank you again for responding and easing my mind a bit:)

i think it shocking that in these days you have to wait till you lose 3 babies before they will run tests , where if theres a problem it cld be fixed sooner , ahh the scottish accent lol it get worse the further north lol

I had 2 healthy pregnancies and children born but now at age 35 a early mc. I cant help wondering if somethings wrong with my eggs now or worse my bf is 45 maybe his sperm are duff. But possibly its just there are more eggs that are not quite right so more chance of a mc now. Im going to keep going until i get a good one. It could also just be the odds and the more pregnancies you have in life the more chance there is that one will not work out. good luck everyone.

Catcatcat, I'm so sorry for your loss as well. I guess we just have to keep the faith and we will get preggers soon but it is oh so hard to be positive when you have suffered a mc. You worry that once you do get prego "will it stick"? I finally got a smiley face on my opk today so hopefully this is the mo. Good luck to you ladies too!

I have 2 children and then went on to have 2 mc's. I'm now 35 and feel time is running out

Catcatcat I think you are right. The older we get the more our eggs age, so more are too old to be any good. If fertilised they end up as mc, so we are prone to more mc's than when we were younger. Don't give up though, there's got to be a good egg in there somewhere. Good luck ladies, I'm right with ya x

I'm in the same boat ladies. I am pushing 34, my husband is 39, and we have 3 children (last one born when I was 29). We've never had any problems at all conceiving -- 2 of the 3 were wonderful surprises!

Last May (one day after my birthday) I had an early miscarriage. It was heartbreaking! I don't know how the ladies who have miscarriages later in their pregancies handle it emotionally.

Ever since we've been actively TTC, my cycles have been irregularly late and sporadic. I do have hypothyroidism and I'm taking Synthroid. I wonder if the egg is being fertilized but not being able to have it stick around. Anybody else having this problem? We are not currently financially able to spend lots on fertility doctors, so we are going to hope we can get one more pregnancy to stick on our own.

I sure don't feel that old, but I guess I'm reaching the upper limits of childbearing age.

I have 4 healthy boys aged 18,19,20 and a 10mths old... i had my youngest 2wks after my 40th, got pregnant again 1st time actually trying and miscarried on 22nd Dec at 9wks.. so dont know what went wrong only thing i noticed is i ovulated a lot later than normal ( charting) CD18 out of a 28 day cycle :shrug:

Im now actively TTC again one last time and decided without doctors advice to try taking Baby Asprin once i get my BFP and pray it dont happen a 2nd time x

I also ovulated on cd18 this month -- that seems awfully late. I normally have a 29 day cycle. That doesn't leave much time on the second half on my cycle for things to happen. This is the first time I've used an opk so I'm certain of my ovulation date.

hey guys im 43 and just had my last baby 7 months ago i too had 3 kids no mc then on the last 2 had 5 mc as you get older your egg quality decreases and just takes that bit longer for the healty one to come along so dont give up just be prepared for it to happen even though i thought i cant do this anymore it hurt sooo bad if it doesnt then great i told my self this on my last baby if i wasnt prepared then i should give up, i had 3 mc in 9 months but then my beautiful little man made it in to this world i guess you can say he was the one to be here so lots of pma xx infact im even thinking to make it a even 6 lol i dont feel 43 and think im defo not too old to have another xxx

I got my positive hpt this morning. I am very excited but terribly nervous after having lost the last baby. I want to celebrate but I know how hard I will fall if I lose this one. It will take a few weeks of daily testing to set my mind a little at ease. I'm hoping to get in to my thyroid doctor in the next few days to see if my levels are safe for the little one. We're praying this little one is able to stick around for the entire journey!

I got my positive hpt this morning. I am very excited but terribly nervous after having lost the last baby. I want to celebrate but I know how hard I will fall if I lose this one. It will take a few weeks of daily testing to set my mind a little at ease. I'm hoping to get in to my thyroid doctor in the next few days to see if my levels are safe for the little one. We're praying this little one is able to stick around for the entire journey!

ahhh congrats sweetie and to be nervous is normal xxx :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->