4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

heya ladies,

had my last scan today - i have one follie currently at 18.5mm, one at 14mm and a whole heap of others....(my money's on the big fella) so.......last lot of menopur tonight, one more buserelin in the morning and .....drum roll......trigger shot tomorrow all ready for my EC on thursday!!!!! so, BabyF will be conceived on 15th october! hoorah!

krissi - fingers x-ed your EC is friday!!!!!

ok - so - ladies - enlighten me more on this whole egg collection thing - will i be aware of it? will i swear at them and tell them my deepest darkest secrets? i'm cacking it tbh - well, moreso the not being in control bit than the pain bit - although does it hurt???? crickey, my head is on overdrive - can't even have a beer or a fag to chill........ :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Sorry to hear the news snowdrop :hugs: FX for the next cycle hun.

Krissi, good to hear they have you on track :)

I had my bloods this afternoon and my levels are a little low so I will be going in tomorrow for an u/s scan...looks like they may have to up my meds.

As for the EC, I will probably wonder all the same questions as you MrsF...I will be watching this space for an answer as well. I am also wondering how sore are you after the EC and for how long?

I am wondering the same things about EC actually so all you experienced gals please spill and don't forget to tell us if you were under anesthetic or conscious sedation. Please?!

Mmm I want chicken wings.... sorry, :rofl: they were on tv.

Well bad news from camp Krissi again....

Oestrodiol levels very low only around 600 and they said they would expect 2000 ish by now so have upped my meds to 225 and if no improvement by tomorrow treatment will be abandoned. To say I am devestated would be a total understatement. I have spent the whole night in tears and again this morning. I so want to be a mum. I always knew it may not be sucessful but to not even get a shot at it seems too cruel.

:hugs: FX tomorrow will bring good news, you will be in my thoughts as I have my scan.

I am wondering the same things about EC actually so all you experienced gals please spill and don't forget to tell us if you were under anesthetic or conscious sedation. Please?!

Mmm I want chicken wings.... sorry, :rofl: they were on tv.

I have no idea about egg collection but do know my doctor said I would be under anesthetic :happydance:

Well bad news from camp Krissi again....

Oestrodiol levels very low only around 600 and they said they would expect 200 ish by now so have upped my meds to 225 and if no improvement by tomorrow treatment will be abandoned. To say I am devestated would be a total understatement. I have spent the whole night in tears and again this morning. I so want to be a mum. I always knew it may not be sucessful but to not even get a shot at it seems too cruel.

FX :hugs: for you, and I hope everything starts to pick up.

Sorry to hear the news snowdrop :hugs: FX for the next cycle hun.

Krissi, good to hear they have you on track :)

I had my bloods this afternoon and my levels are a little low so I will be going in tomorrow for an u/s scan...looks like they may have to up my meds.

As for the EC, I will probably wonder all the same questions as you MrsF...I will be watching this space for an answer as well. I am also wondering how sore are you after the EC and for how long?

Lets us know what the u/s comes back with, FX :hugs::hugs:

Krissi and snowdrop - thinking of you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

RE the EC - at my clinic they use sedation - and it can be as little or as much as you want. I didnt want to be knocked out and wanted to be aware as much as possible. So i didnt have much (they give it through an injection in your hand - doesnt hurt one bit) - and just felt a bit light headed - like I had had a few strong GandT's and got to watch my eggs being collected on the screen which was pretty fab. I would really recommend havign a light sedation - becase I felt fine straight away - no nausea or drowsiness - so was able to go home pretty quickly - whereas some of the other girls at my clinc had to stay in for longer cos they felt rubbish when they came round. its also really good fun to see whats goign on.

I felt a bit crampy for the next few days - felt like I was waddling around - just like a bit stronger than usual ovulation pain - a bit of heaviness around my lower regions. But nothing dreadful - adn I was fine to do a bit of gentle walking around the shops the next day. I could have gone to work (cos I sit at a desk all day) - except for the dreadful wait for the phone to rign to tell you how many have fertilised - now thats the stressful bit!!! Ec is fine - i promise - I relaly enjoyed it - cos i felt like it was the first step towards the dream.

Good luck to everyone with their EC's and treatment.

bx x x x:hugs::hugs::hugs:

MrsF, lioness, and kelly:
My clinic used an IV sedative and for both my EC's they completely knocked me out, which I was fine with, I was so scared of feeling ANY sort of pain. When it was all over I felt like I had gotten the best sleep ever! All in all it wasn't as bad as I thought, it was the nerves more than anything.

Good luck!

krissi- So sorry about your news! I can't imagine how devastating that must be! I will keep everything crossed that your cycle will not have to be cancelled! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Snowdrop :hugs::hugs:xx
Krissi :hugs::hugs:xx

Mrs F, FX for trigger and EC!!! They gave me so much sedative I dribbled all down my cheeks and into my hair!!! Agree with Mendy, didn't feel a thing and felt really rested after.

xx

:hugs: big :hugs: Krissi, am so so saddened by your news cherub x x x x x i'm sending as much positivity as i can for your levels to pick up hun, i wish i could do more x x x x x x will be thinking of you tomorrow x x x x x

heya, am just editing this post as I am not sure if I wrote the wrong thing above - i'm so sorry Krissi, i've not heard of oestradal levels and i misread your post as yours being 600 and that they needed to 2000, not 200. Many apologies if i caused offence by writing about your levels picking up sweetheart, my own ignorance must have come across as insensitive x x x x x x apologies to others too if any offence was caused x x x x x x still thinking of you x x x x x

Krissi xx i hope your levels drop to what they should be. x :hugs:

Krissi I hope the levels work out for you, is there not even one egg that they can take out if levels don't fix themselves? I don't know much about them or what the Oestradiol does? I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hi girls sorry it was a typin error in my part I want the levels to rise to nearer 2000, sorry was not with it yesterday. Oestrogen or oestrodiol causes the lining of the uterus to thicken so implantation can occur and also helps mature the follicles so without good level there is no chance of progression.

Just out of interest is 225iu of Gonal F the highest dosage or can it go higher?

Well today is D-Day for me, my scan is at 12:30 so I will be put out of my misery a bit, if there is not significant growth i will know oestrodiol levels not rising and treatment will prob be cancelled. I feel wquite calm at the moment, it is out of my hands, I do have a few twingy pains in my abdomen and I gave the follies a good talking to yesterday and today so all I can do now is pray.

After todays scans my Gonal F dosage has gone from 150iu to 300iu a day. Next scan is on Monday 19/10 and hopefuly EC wont be long after that! Goodluck krissi on your scan, I have everything crossed for you :hugs:

Hi everyone,

All the best to everyone taking stims, going for scans and EC or ET.

As for my experiences with EC, I was completely out of it and was tender for a few days - it's important to keep fluids up and eat a high protein diet coming up to EC.

I have been away for work for a few days and got my period Monday. I still went and had my formal BT today as clinic insisted and it was a BFN.

I am gutted. Hard to believe that in the space of about 12 months, I've lost 3 little ones.

:(

Hi everyone,

All the best to everyone taking stims, going for scans and EC or ET.

As for my experiences with EC, I was completely out of it and was tender for a few days - it's important to keep fluids up and eat a high protein diet coming up to EC.

I have been away for work for a few days and got my period Monday. I still went and had my formal BT today as clinic insisted and it was a BFP.

I am gutted. Hard to believe that in the space of about 12 months, I've lost 3 little ones.

:(

Im so so sorry hun.. I cant imagine how u feel.. but we are all here for u :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->