4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Sending my thoughts your way wrighty! But i Have to ask... are they at least going to give you an u/s??? Just to comfirm? My friend had severe bleeding and I mean pools of blood and they told her she was m/c'ing and it turns out she didn't have one. Just a clot or something. I know it sounds inane but still better to sure especially if you have to do a D&C

Anyone hear from Krissi? I always worry when they aren't on for days at a time that bad news in soon on the way.

I am totally devestated, it will take us a long time to save up again so although we will ne not be preventing TTC will be at the back of my mind for a while.

I will keep popping by now and then but will definately not be around as much.

The next bit is just so I have a record of Weds:

1 follicle measuring 15.4 all other follicles under 10. Left ovary responded better then right. Cycle abandoned due to poor response. Suggested to try flare protocol and higher meds if try again.

Wrighty and Cupcake so sorry girls xx

Oh Krissi, I am sooo sorry hun. Take the time to recover and then gather your feelings again and see how you feel. I don't understand how this can happen. They've been doing the treatment for long enough now so surely they should be able to detect these things before it gets to this stage...

Again, I'm sorry krissi

xx

wrighty, cupcake and krissi, i've just read your updates and i'm so sorry about your news :hug:

i know there's not much i can say to make you guys feel better, but i am thinking of you x x x x x please look after yourselves, spoil yourselves, and allow yourselves to feel how you do x x x x

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

morning ladies, hope you're all well today,

well, EC yesterday - what a bizarre day!!! Totally lost the plot before surgery, cried lots :blush: :blush:

procedure went well, best harvest of the day with 15 eggs :thumbup:
didnt react well though to the sedation - ladies coming up for EC, please dont worry, i'm just a special case :blush: my blood pressure dropped too low after i came round and i felt like i'd been hit by a train ( i now remember this happened last time i had an anaesthetic) - they hooked me up to a drip, gave mean electric blanket and two blankets that had just come out the tumble dryer! God love the nurses!

husband had a good day too - gave the best sample he's ever done so the embryologist was pleased with our offerings!

am going for a day 5 blastocyst transfer - the surgeon feels that due to my anxiety, i'm gonna need sedating in order to get it back in :blush: now, ideally he wanted do a day 3 transfer, but the anaesthetist doesn't work sundays, and they dont want to do a day 2 as it'll be too early to see the best ones. He said we fit the criteria for the blastocyst transfer which increases success by 10%, and they're stronger to go through the frezing process :happydance: the down side though, is that if none of them make it day 5 we wont have a transfer at all, nor any for the freezer But...if they dont make it to day 5 anyway, then the earlier transfer wouldn't work anyway (hope that all makes sense!)

will find out later how many fertilised during the night - she said expect to lose about 20% (i'm pleased she prepared me for that)

ok, am off to sleep, still feeling abit ropey

TTFN ladies x x x x x x x

tehe, forgot the best bit.....

when i my blood pressure picked up, my recovery nurse came round to see how i was. He said he'd held my hand throughout the whole thing as i was a bit blubbery whilst under. He also said I spoke in great detail about how i was going to have a vodka and coke over the weekend before transfer - he said i was very particular on measurements and no ice..........and then he said i announced that "if the surgeon carries on, i'll f**king kill him" :blush: apparently the surgeon didnt hear, but all the other nurses did and started laughing. The surgeon got the gist.

After the nurse left, the surgeon came in to discuss transfers - i apologised profusely and said i wasnt normally an aggressive person :dohh: he saw the funny side ( i think!!)

Mrs F - sounds like everything went well for you today and well done to your DH :) My clinic goes for 5 day transfer and I think this does make sure only the strongest embies are transferred.

Wrighty - sorry hun. I was exactly where you are at about a month ago and I just hope you have some love and support around you to help you through this. Maz is right - once it's 'over' it gets better I think. thinking of you and your DH/OH.

Kriss - I was sad to read about your abandoned cycle. That is devastating. I am sending you lots of :hugs: - be brave lovely lady. This is a tough time for you and you will get through it.

just had a call from the embrologist :happydance::happydance:

out of the 15, 12 were mature. And out of those 12, 11 had fertilised this morning :happydance::happydance:

increases our chances of getting to day 5 :happydance:

x x x

MrsF, I'm struggling not to laugh out loud in the office, that's hilarious!!! Well done on a very successful day, I'll keep my fingers crossed that your good luck continues.

Congrats MrsF...I'm so excited for you :wohoo:. I will be standing by to hear how you go with ET. I have my EC next week sometime, I hope I produce as many eggs as you did :)! Was there anything you did during stims that may have helped with increasing your numbers?

thanks lioness x x x x x

for the whole two weeks of stimms i basically went to work, got home and didn't move from the sofa! i did no housework as i wanted all my energy to go into the follies, and i went to bed at 10pm and got up at half 6 everyday. I ate 6 brazil nuts a day and homemade muesli for brekkie (oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seed, chopped dates, flaked almonds) with full fat milk (i never drink milk normally, yuck...)

i'm normally wheat intolerant, but i decided to eat one panini a day from the canteen to stop me filling up on empty calories whilst at work. I also ate fruit and veg whenever i was hungry between meals and had a good variety of dinners in the eve (read takeaways as well as meat and two veg, lol) i also splurged on coccy when i felt like it.... edit, lol, i mean choccy, not coccy - that just sounds rude...reckon i'm still affected by sedation.....

i also took (take) the pregnacare conception multi vit thing (not the one that you continue til breastfeeding, but the conception specific one - more folic acid and other goodies)

urm....just trying to think what else.......tehe, dont think this'll help you, but i was on antibiotics for an UTI and thrush cream....:blush: wonder if i've stumbled across something there,lol!

i didnt have any alcohol, or do anything strenous. i have put on half a stone since stimms, which was intentional as i do wonder if my annovulation is / was due to not having much body fat

Crikey, thats a huge post!!!!! Lioness, and other stimmers, i hope this helps you reep a good harvest, and apologies if this post has come across a bit too virtuous - trust me, i'm so not - as the male nurse will tell you.......

x x x x x

Thank you MrsF I REALLY appreciate that more than you know xo. I have been resting as I feel quite lethargic at the moment, I dont know if thats from the stim meds or not. You may be onto something with the antibiotics and thrush cream :rofl:. I will be watching closely to see how you go, I wont be too far behind you :hugs:

i'm certain your lethargy will be due to stimms hun, my nurse said ages ago you're little follies are working supersonic, therefore making you really tired.

what day stimms are you on hun? i was on day 9 when they upped my meds so i was then:

day 9 = 225 menopur
day 10 = 150
day 11 = 225
day 12 = 150
day 13 = trigger

i was a slow developer in the beginning and was quite down about it, but they did say that's better than them maturing too fast.

WIll be thinking of you hun, hope you say daft things too under sedation, then i wont be mortified on my own ;) lol

x x x

I think the daft things you said were hilarious! WIsh I could have been one of your nurses! I hope I don't freak out with EC though... it has me worried more for the pain. The HSG was so terrible for me... on the other side I would put up with any kind of pain to get my little one. I will be calling the clinic next friday so only another week to go till I find out if I can start this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->