4 month old routine

GemM83

Reaction score
Hi guys, was just wondering what your thoughts are with this routine... And any thoughts on what I could do to change it slightly to promote and earlier bed time. I haven't forced any of this and she just seems to have fallen into it...partially down to school runs and older sisters routine I feel!

6am-6.20 wakes up 7oz bottle
7.30 back to sleep
9.45 7oz bottle and play
11.00 sleep
1.30 wakes up 7oz bottle and play
2.30 sleep
3.30 awake and play
4.30-5.00 7oz bottle and play (maybe 30 mins nap)
6.00-6.30 family bath time
7.30-8.00 7oz bottle play and cuddles
Anytime from 9.15-9.45 sleep and goes right through till following morning

Times are very much "ish" as she can vary 20mins either side really.

I'm thinking she may need to drop a nap or two but she loves her sleep. Also her naps are not what I consider sound sleeping, she does get a bit fidgety and a bit kicky/punchy at times!!

I know all babies are different but does this routine sound in anyway familiar to anyone??

Thanks

We have a routine but it seems to change quite a lot recently!

7.30 wake
8.00 bottle
9.00 - 10.30 nap
11.00 bottle
12.30 - 2.00 nap
2.30 bottle
4.30 - 5.00 nap
5.30 bottle
6.45 bath
7.30 bed

he is still waking up once or maybe twice a night for a feed but I’m happy with that. Xx

We have a routine but it seems to change quite a lot recently!

7.30 wake
8.00 bottle
9.00 - 10.30 nap
11.00 bottle
12.30 - 2.00 nap
2.30 bottle
4.30 - 5.00 nap
5.30 bottle
6.45 bath
7.30 bed

he is still waking up once or maybe twice a night for a feed but I’m happy with that. Xx
There’s play in there too obviously! Lol

I wish we had a routine! My dd wakes up anywhere between 6&7 for a bottle then falls back asleep for another hour. Her feeds are at different times every day, and she just naps on and off for short times all depending on what we are doing. Bed is at about 8 and she sleeps though.

I know it must seem hard her having a late bedtime and you missing out on an adult evening but honestly if she has chosen this routine and it keeps her happy I'd be fearful of changing anything. At that age my daughter refused to nap more than once a day and then only for 45mins and it was a fight to get that out of her. It did not lead to a happy baby and I could literally do nothing, no cleaning, no cooking, I didn't eat unless I went out and paid someone else to cook it and bring it to me, all my time was either spent fighting to get her to sleep or entertaining her so she didn't realise how tired she was and scream the house down.

I think once your daughter decides she needs less daytime sleep she'll get grumpier in the evenings and you'll know you can try to put her to bed earlier. The only thing I would say, if you are actively going to try her with an earlier bed time, is that using bath time as a sleep aid only really works if bedtime isn't too much later. Having an hour to an hour and a half between her bath and her bottle means she's quite likely to be feeling awake for that last bottle. Also what is the last play of the day like? I was over stimulating my daughter at bedtime, even just by using books, and taking too long with the bedtime routine. When I shortened the routine it was much quicker to get her to fall asleep (we went from having to breastfeed for an hour and a half in a dark room to de-stimulate her, to a 25 minute feed and she was ready to go down).

Hi guys, was just wondering what your thoughts are with this routine... And any thoughts on what I could do to change it slightly to promote and earlier bed time. I haven't forced any of this and she just seems to have fallen into it...partially down to school runs and older sisters routine I feel!

6am-6.20 wakes up 7oz bottle
7.30 back to sleep
9.45 7oz bottle and play
11.00 sleep
1.30 wakes up 7oz bottle and play
2.30 sleep
3.30 awake and play
4.30-5.00 7oz bottle and play (maybe 30 mins nap)
6.00-6.30 family bath time
7.30-8.00 7oz bottle play and cuddles
Anytime from 9.15-9.45 sleep and goes right through till following morning

Times are very much "ish" as she can vary 20mins either side really.

I'm thinking she may need to drop a nap or two but she loves her sleep. Also her naps are not what I consider sound sleeping, she does get a bit fidgety and a bit kicky/punchy at times!!

I know all babies are different but does this routine sound in anyway familiar to anyone??

Thanks

This has pretty much been similar to my kids routine as babies! They both loved their sleep, I dont think you need to change anything if that routine is what she's used too, the only difference I used to do was at 7-7:30 bath, bottle and bed and they would be put down regardless, but I done that from day one, not sure how it works of you were to change it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->