4 month old - start to wean or try formula?

Yes, and people giving misleading information about weaning early because the baby is "hungry" or will "STTN" is just wrong, in my opinion.

Again that's YOUR opinion and AGAIN we have ours but don't ram it in your face calm down it's my experience so I will listen to me and no one else the bloody government can't run the country properly so why should I listen to them when it comes to feeding MY baby you do what you want I really couldn't care can't stand pushy upstarts who thinks coz they have a couple of babies and use google that their opinion is the RIGHT one I'm an experienced mother who listens to good advice when advice is needed not when it's grabbed and rammed down my neck !!! I tried to agree to disagree but someone can't let go that's how hernias and grey hair happen chill out

Yes, and people giving misleading information about weaning early because the baby is "hungry" or will "STTN" is just wrong, in my opinion.

Can I ust ask where in my posts have I given misleading info ?

Again that's YOUR opinion and AGAIN we have ours but don't ram it in your face calm down it's my experience so I will listen to me and no one else the bloody government can't run the country properly so why should I listen to them when it comes to feeding MY baby you do what you want I really couldn't care can't stand pushy upstarts who thinks coz they have a couple of babies and use google that their opinion is the RIGHT one I'm an experienced mother who listens to good advice when advice is needed not when it's grabbed and rammed down my neck !!! I tried to agree to disagree but someone can't let go that's how hernias and grey hair happen chill out

:roll: Don't like me, there's that lovely little ignore function.

Where did I say I didn't like you ?? I don't like your attitude big difference !

:dohh: REALLY? "Not all babies are as strong as mine. She's very advanced"??? Alex was rolling from front to back at 5 weeks and just shy of 4 months back to front. He sits with little support and is 22lbs. Seems advanced to me, but he's doing just fine on breastmilk. He doesn't STTN, but is getting there in his own time.

OP, sorry for the thread hijack. I think you should hold off solids. Summer Rain is absolutely spot on in her advice.

My son was pulling up to standing by himself from 2 weeks with just us holding his hands gently, by 9 weeks he insisted on doing it and didn't like to sit down! He was sitting unaided and getting himself into a sitting position at 4 months; could roll both ways with ease at the same time as well, he has been walking for a good few weeks now and has even started running, also while he isn't massive in terms of lbs and oz he is very tall and strong with a large head-but he just wasn't ready for solids until a few days shy of 6 months. I tried to give him a stick of cucumber at 23 weeks and he looked at me like a freak! My second youngest was even more advanced; could roll both ways at will by 2 months and was crawling and sitting and could even pull up to standing on low surfaces by 4 months, yet he showed no interest in solids nor did he sleep any less well by 6 and a half months and when I started him on solids he just wasn't really interested for months and months, it was only when he was past a year that he really started to enjoy and ask for food xx

goodness you are all so judgmental! no one knows their baby better than their own mother don't be so harsh on the mums who have weaned early . Babies who are exclusively breastfed past 6 months are in danger of getting vitamin d deficiency. I'd suggest you speak to health visitors, your gp and make your own decision

goodness you are all so judgmental! no one knows their baby better than their own mother don't be so harsh on the mums who have weaned early . Babies who are exclusively breastfed past 6 months are in danger of getting vitamin d deficiency. I'd suggest you speak to health visitors, your gp and make your own decision

If there is a concern about vitamin D deficiency then vitamin drops can be given; even though there is enough vitamin D in breastmilk if mum takes a supplement, and vitamin D is best got from sunlight/daylight and if baby gets plenty of sunlight in the summer months-this is usually enough. According to the UK government, though it may not be popular for it to be widely admitted most vitamin D deficiencies in babies and young children are in those with much darker skin tones, those who eat a strictly vegan diet or who are weaned very late and onto a very limited diet (as is cultural practice within some Asian communities), and in babies whose mothers were extremely deficient during pregnancy-again usually due to extreme diet restrictions. Anyway this is by the by, as it seems that certain people on this thread think not weaning at bang on 4 months means waiting until well past 6 months and no-one was suggesting that at all-just saying that historically that was the norm. Besides even if one follows the view from a minority of research that weaning after 6 months is dangerous; then why would you need to start weaning onto solids at bang on 17 weeks? There is still a whole two month window in which to start; when your baby is ready... :dohh:

And this is the reason so many breast feeding women get a bad name attacking everyone else's opinions not you summer rain I have the upmost respect for your opinions x but putting laughing smileys at someone's OPINION is not on I wouldn't dream of doing it but then again I have manners ! I'm moving on now as this is going no where fast and have reported that post as I see it as trolling !

People are disagreeing with others' opinions, not 'attacking' them. Also, talk about generalisations... 'breastfeeding women', because yes, as group they all behave in the same way and no FF woman might have a different opinion to anyone else, would they? Next, we'll all be called the 'breastapo'... :coffee:

Also, I always fail to get how typing something on a computer screen can be 'ramming' your opinion down someone's neck. :wacko: Surely, people can read it or choose not to, but either way, it's hardly the same as following someone around repeating your opinion over and over.

Aside from anything else, the OP's update seems to have been missed. Glad you and your baby have come through it and things are settling now OP.

Ok,
So now you have all fallen out....I will see what the HV sugests.

If they are still happy with his weight gain I will EBF until next month and review it then.

Thanks for everyone's opinion.

I didn't put the laughing smiley that was ozzieshunni; and sorry but people contributing to a discussion thread is not trolling, trolling is where random people come (maybe even join the forum specifically) and make stupid, irrelevant remarks to a thread in order to upset people-sorry but this is not what anyone has done on this thread. I was not trying to be rude to anyone, and OP I am sorry your thread has been hijacked; however when people come and start making unsubstansiated claims then people do have a right to challenge these, for example it is no longer part of weaning guidelines that bigger or more developmentally advanced babies need solids earlier and the reason for this is because there is no evidence for this. Also I really really want to understand where there is evidence that weaning on bang on 17 weeks is the optimal target we should be aiming for because even the evidence I have seen that weaning before six months is ok; says that anytime between 17 and 26 weeks is fine, I haven't seen any proof from recent years that states that weaning anytime after 17 weeks is dangerous-therefore why not wait as close to six months as possible? Am I missing something? Its a genuine question I am asking?

Oh goodness. :rofl:

This is uncalled for, if you have an opinion, share it & move on. This thread was going fine until you started to pick on posters who don't agree with you. If you have a problem with other members report their posts & we will deal with it.

As per forum rules & TOS:

Rudeness, flaming or trolling is not tolerated on, or about, BabyandBump or its members. Any member who is intentionally disruptive may have their account restricted or banned without warning.

Please keep this thread on track.

Well is a smiley that's rolling around laughing not stupid and childish to me that's trolling ? that was the other ladies opinion same as it's wrong to early wean is some other people's opinions but I don't see any stupid childish comments or smileys about that and it is rammed down necks when We try to agree to disagree but someone can't let go and has to have the last say how their opinion is right at the end of the day I have 6 healthy children and have learned by experience so I believe what I'm doing is right by my baby as waiting to wean until 6 month is right for your babies I'm not disputing it's right or wrong so I can't understand why it can't just be left !

My point is not the ethics behind when to wean but that I should be free to give my opinion without being attacked. We could argue around weaning forever, as have governments around the world. There is no right or wrong here so can anyone who is questioning me and quite frankly being damn right rude please accept you have said your piece and move on. I have said mine and I have no intention of continuing this further. Some of you have behaved appaullingly. This is a forum for god sake! Not an advice line from professionals. We are all entitled to an opinion.

At this point I unsubscribe and am disappointed to say the least.

Ok,
So now you have all fallen out....I will see what the HV sugests.

If they are still happy with his weight gain I will EBF until next month and review it then.

Thanks for everyone's opinion.

I'm glad you figured out a plan :hugs:. Good luck!

Oh goodness. :rofl:

This is uncalled for, if you have an opinion, share it & move on. This thread was going fine until you started to pick on posters who don't agree with you. If you have a problem with other members report their posts & we will deal with it.

As per forum rules & TOS:

Rudeness, flaming or trolling is not tolerated on, or about, BabyandBump or its members. Any member who is intentionally disruptive may have their account restricted or banned without warning.

Please keep this thread on track.

Sorry Omarsmum, but if you do look back, I was attacked for posting my opinions as well and was trying not to come back with anything and just move on. I told her if she had a problem with me, she could ignore me.

:dohh: REALLY? "Not all babies are as strong as mine. She's very advanced"??? Alex was rolling from front to back at 5 weeks and just shy of 4 months back to front. He sits with little support and is 22lbs. Seems advanced to me, but he's doing just fine on breastmilk. He doesn't STTN, but is getting there in his own time.

OP, sorry for the thread hijack. I think you should hold off solids. Summer Rain is absolutely spot on in her advice.

^^this. You are the one who started the attack & the sarcastic comments. Can you please let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->