4 months actual

bob2331

twin mummy
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask you a few questions if thats ok?

My little monkey is nearly just 8 months old but his corrected age is 4months.

Just wondered what your premmies were doing at corrected 4 months?

Harry can sit up on his own, only just, and not for long, tummy time is a no go, he jsut wont do it so are no where near crawling or rolling over. He loves his hands but finger food he doesnt understand it goes tohis mouth, but his fingers seem to live in his mouth! We have also found our feet! yummy!!

Any way, i have a friend who had a premmie at 28 weeks and she is actual age of 6months and she is rolling over like no ones business which i am happy for her but makes me worry about Harry.

Am i doing something wrong?

We have spoken to the phyiso and she has said that Harry might not like going on his tummy because of his hernia's (he had them operated on about a month ago) and i should carry on trying, which i do, with a towel under him like she said but he just screams and screams.

Am also comparing Harry to other babies!! Crazy i know but i cant help it.

A friend of my husband has his little boy at 35 weeks about 5 months ago and takes great deal in telling us that his boy is doing everything a full termer would do at 5months because they go to baby group and because they dont have him up the hospital once a week like we do with Harry panicing at every little cough!!!

The little cough has twice been RSV Bronciltis (cant spell)

Anyway, back to my orignal question, what were your babies doing at 4 months corrected?

Thanks ladies xxx

I know it's difficult but try not to compare otherwise you will drive yourself mad with worry.

At 4 months my lo wasn't doing very much. She could maybe manage a minute sitting up if that. She had managed to roll from front to back a few times but think that was because she wanted off her tummy! Even at 5 months she had only rolled back to front twice. She had no interest as all she wanted to do was eat her feet. At 6 months she got bored with her feet and decided to start rolling with a vengeance! She is nearly 8 months corrected now and not crawling but does try so I just have a frustrated shouting baby. My friends fullterm baby is 9 months old and he isn't crawling either.

I never even attempted finger food until she was 6 month corrected as I seen that as part of their development so didn't think she could handle it before then.

I hope this reassures you. Your little man is doing great and will do things in his own time.

At 4 months my LO couldnt do any of that! Dont panic hun!

Chloe is nearly 8 months (so is just over 6 1/2 corrected) and has only started sitting up in the last few weeks.

She hates tummy time, so is nowhere near crawling! She doesn't roll and has no interest in it at all. Like Harry she loves her food but only puts her hands and feet in her mouth and no food!

Harry sounds like he is doing really well hun. It is so easy to compare term babies and premmie's but you just can't!

x

Willis 17 weeks and 8 weeks corrected. He cant do anything like that, he is still pretty much like a newborn still. He has good head control. I dont really stress, until I can see other babys his age, so we dont go to mother and baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->