4 months old and now in her own room (just had to share) :)

Sadie92

Wife,Mummy & TTC No2
Reaction score
Sorry all but i had to share this with you....

We have been Co-sleeping with our little one for a while now, she started off in her moses basket but is a fairly long baby so grew out of that a about 3.5 months.
After her 2nd lot of vaccinations she became quiet poorly so i brought her into my bed :nope: Not a good idea as she got used to it and i must say i loved it too.... i really liked having her next to me all night :)

Anyway a couple of days ago i thought i need to get her back into her cot which is now in her own room. The transition went very smoothly so smooth that she is EVEN sleeping thru the night :) HORRRRRRRRRAAAAY :)

When i say thru the night i mean; she wakes for a feed at 1.30am and then sleeps thru until 5.30am. (thats classed as thru the night i think) lol

So any mums of 4 month olds that are having a hard time....there is hope :)

xxx

We co-sleep with our 1 month old, but I hope our transition is that smooth when we decide to move her into her own crib. Congrats!

I think I'm gonna cry when he moves into his own crib in his room. He sleeps in a co sleeper beside the bed. Anytime I wanna make sure he's okay I walk around my bed and peak in. Poor baby will be down the hall when we transition. I hope it goes good like yours did. I don't wanna move him until he 6 months old do you think thats too long?

I think I'm gonna cry when he moves into his own crib in his room. He sleeps in a co sleeper beside the bed. Anytime I wanna make sure he's okay I walk around my bed and peak in. Poor baby will be down the hall when we transition. I hope it goes good like yours did. I don't wanna move him until he 6 months old do you think thats too long?

At 4 mos is when they become more alert and start to make a more defined sleep schedule. So usually that would be a good time to start the transition if that's what you wanted to do. ;)

My son still lovs to be swaddled and he wakes up to have his paci put back in his mouth a couple times each night and goes right back to sleep. We won't be able to do that if he is in his own room. Do you think he will outgrow this?

My son still lovs to be swaddled and he wakes up to have his paci put back in his mouth a couple times each night and goes right back to sleep. We won't be able to do that if he is in his own room. Do you think he will outgrow this?

The first few nights might be tough at first but he will get used it. Its usually harder on us to watch while they adjust. :hugs:

thank you! Sorry for taking over the thread but it made some questions arise!

thank you! Sorry for taking over the thread but it made some questions arise!

Hi there. thanks all for your replies :)

Zenmommy :) dont need to apologise for asking questions... :)xx
Erm... i was planning to move my lil one into her own room at 6 months too but she seemed to be ready at 4 months. i thought that because she was so alert at this age it would be harder when she was older as she would be MORE alert and may find the move stressful!

Just see how your LO is :)

I must say i found the transition stressful....i wake up and go check on her and still careful when im in bed cos i think shes with me lol.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->