4 Very faint positives (2 different brand tests) Negative FRER What would cause this?

HisKhaleesi

Reaction score
I have taken 4 tests over the past 3 days, 2 (New Choice Dollar Tree), 2 (Dollar General Baby) Every single one of them has a very faint faint second purple line (within 10 minutes). I took a FRER this morning (The FRERs are supposed to be the MOST sensitive out of all tests)....BFN....Now Im just angry and confused. I just want to understand why something like this would happen, so I dont get fooled again. I have taken a pregnancy test every single week since Oct 3, and have NEVER had this happen before. I have no idea where Im at in my cycle. I have PCOS, havent had AF since Oct 3, and am on my 3rd week of Fertilaid for Women. I have a multitude of pregnancy symptoms as well. Has anyone had experiences with this??

I'm not sure about the two brands you use that aren't frer but I use wondfo internet cheapies and then if I get a positive with them I use a frer as well. I found the wondfos to be very sensitive and they would turn positive before my frer but many times when the frer was slow to come on it was a miscarriage cycle for me. I'm not saying that's necessarily what's going on for you but for me it was on more than one occasion.

The wondfo's I used picked up hcg at 10. When you read the statistics of miscarriage it says 30-50% of fertilized eggs are lost during the implantation process so you can imagine there have been many months we all have had chemicals while trying. just enough hcg starts to get in your system you may get a faint positive but still get af because complete implantation failed.

It sucks and makes you want to throw all the test out the window...at least it did for me. Hang in there and keep trying new things each cycle as it keeps your focus and helps you stay positive.

Thank you for your post it was very informative, and I appreciate the support. I suspected a chemical pregnancy as well. I had a early miscarriage in 2011, didnt know until it was over. Would it still be considered a chemical if there is no bleeding soon afterwards?

Thank you for your post it was very informative, and I appreciate the support. I suspected a chemical pregnancy as well. I had a early miscarriage in 2011, didnt know until it was over. Would it still be considered a chemical if there is no bleeding soon afterwards?

I was told a chemical pregnancy is a pregnancy where a positive test is had but af comes close to when it is normally expected. Technically it is a pregnancy that ends before a gestational sac can be located by a scan. Usually a chemical pregnancy fails during the implantation process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->