4 weeks - need some support

Katerina_

Reaction score
Hi,

I just found out that I'm pregnant last Friday :happydance:, and since we don't want to announce it until my first appointment with a midwife (at 8 weeks), I just need someone to talk too. Otherwise, I'll drive my husband crazy with all my worries )) Is anyone at 4-5 weeks and wants to start a support group in this thread? :blush: Let's stick together and share our symptoms, worries and joys!

I have a few questions\issues I want to discuss and I'll post them below.

So, here are my concerns and I hope someone can share their experiences:

1. I still can't believe :)) It just feels unreal that I am finally pregnant. I keep taking tests )) Speaking to my GP on the phone did make it a bit more real, but still... Does anyone feel the same way?

2. Since morning I have some cramping\dull ache\pressure-like feeling in my lower abdomen. It kind of feels like my bladder is really full all the time, though I don't actually need to pee that often. It is similar to period pain, but nor nearly as strong. My GP said that it's normal, but they want me to bring a urine sample to check for infections just to be on a safe side. But I cannot stop worrying about it, since I had a miscarriage years ago and I am terrified it will happen again.

2. When are you planning to tell family and friends that you're expecting? I think we'll tell our parents after my first appointment with a midwife at 8 weeks. I would wait even longer because of my fear of losing it, but we're going on holiday together and it will be difficult to conceal.

3. Are you feeling exhausted? I had to take a nap today :sleep::sleep::sleep: And I feel out of breath all the time. I know it's normal and I read about it, but still feels quite strange. In addition to this fatigue, I feel really sad for no reason :sad2:

Hello i might be able to shed some light everything your feeling is normal the little pains In your abdomen and stuff is your baby just making room and preparing for the baby. I couldn't help it I told everyone as soon as I foud out so hard to keep a secret like this!! I didn't feel pregnant for a while until my morning sickness kicked in then I'm like oh yeah! But I can't wait for our first appt on Friday to actually see the baby it'll make it 100% real. It is also normal to feel tired and emotional it's hormones so sorry for your loss in the past but try to stay relax and enjoy this special time :)

Hello i might be able to shed some light everything your feeling is normal the little pains In your abdomen and stuff is your baby just making room and preparing for the baby. I couldn't help it I told everyone as soon as I foud out so hard to keep a secret like this!! I didn't feel pregnant for a while until my morning sickness kicked in then I'm like oh yeah! But I can't wait for our first appt on Friday to actually see the baby it'll make it 100% real. It is also normal to feel tired and emotional it's hormones so sorry for your loss in the past but try to stay relax and enjoy this special time :)

Thanks a lot for your reply! I can barely keep the news to myself, the only reason why I don't want to tell anyone is because I sort of want to wait till the dangerous period is over. And I would also prefer to do it in person, and I won't see my parents until I'm over 8 weeks.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it does make me feel better. It is one thing to read that something is normal, and another thing - when a real person tells you they had the same experience :)

This is all totally true and I can't add anything to it really. Just want to say congrats on your bfp and try not to worry too much, enjoy your pregnancy. Do you know your due date yet? I'm beginning of September :) will have more of a clue after my second scan next week.

This is all totally true and I can't add anything to it really. Just want to say congrats on your bfp and try not to worry too much, enjoy your pregnancy. Do you know your due date yet? I'm beginning of September :) will have more of a clue after my second scan next week.

Thank you! I know I shouldn't worry, but easier said than done :)

I don't know when I'm due for sure, but based on the date of my last period all calculators give me end of September. But I guess I'll know for sure in 8 weeks after my first scan (can't wait!). Did you have a scan already? My GP said they invite people for their first "booking appointment" at 8 weeks and then for a scan at 12 weeks.

Thank you! I know I shouldn't worry, but easier said than done :)

I don't know when I'm due for sure, but based on the date of my last period all calculators give me end of September. But I guess I'll know for sure in 8 weeks after my first scan (can't wait!). Did you have a scan already? My GP said they invite people for their first "booking appointment" at 8 weeks and then for a scan at 12 weeks.

Yea I had a scan at 6 weeks due to my previous losses and they pushed my dates back a few days. I've charted and temped for years so sure on o date but apparently it's normal at this stage. Baby will hopefully catch up soon. Don't think the hypermesis is helping though. Be so glad when it goes away! Looking forward to my next scan now. Bet your looking forward to your appointment now. It always seems such a long wait till 8 weeks.

Hi Katerina! I just found out Saturday. Took a hpt and it was positive. I think I'm about 5 weeks (just going by date of last period) but not sure yet! I have a doc appt today.
Just this morning I started to get a heavy feeling (made me feel more like 12 weeks instead of 5!) my boobs have been sore for a couple weeks. And I've found I'm getting shortness of breath. Other than some minor nausea, that's it so far! Not really too exhausted.
I probably won't tell my family for awhile. I did suffer a mc at 8 weeks 3 years ago and I had just told everyone. It Sucked! So this time I'm going to wait until I'm sure this one is gonna stay (though I would love to tell my mom and dad for their birthday at the end of Feb). It'll probably be around then.

:wave: I'm also due round the end of Seotember. It seems a long old wait until the first scan doesn't it. I got my BFP on Friday and still in shock.
This is my third child so I know what to expect but I have gigot ton what these early days are like!!
I knew I was pregnant from the minute I conceived :haha: but now my symptoms seem to have gone a little.

Yea I had a scan at 6 weeks due to my previous losses and they pushed my dates back a few days. I've charted and temped for years so sure on o date but apparently it's normal at this stage. Baby will hopefully catch up soon. Don't think the hypermesis is helping though. Be so glad when it goes away! Looking forward to my next scan now. Bet your looking forward to your appointment now. It always seems such a long wait till 8 weeks.

I'm sorry about your losses :(

Yes, I know when I ovulated, but due date will be an estimate anyway :) It's up to the baby )) I'm sure your baby will catch up.

I can't wait for this appointment )) I guess it will help to feel it as more real. I did another test today (digital w/weeks indicator) and that actually made me feel a lot better - just seeing the word "pregnant" instead of a faint line, which made me think I was imagining it ))

Hi Katerina! I just found out Saturday. Took a hpt and it was positive. I think I'm about 5 weeks (just going by date of last period) but not sure yet! I have a doc appt today.
Just this morning I started to get a heavy feeling (made me feel more like 12 weeks instead of 5!) my boobs have been sore for a couple weeks. And I've found I'm getting shortness of breath. Other than some minor nausea, that's it so far! Not really too exhausted.
I probably won't tell my family for awhile. I did suffer a mc at 8 weeks 3 years ago and I had just told everyone. It Sucked! So this time I'm going to wait until I'm sure this one is gonna stay (though I would love to tell my mom and dad for their birthday at the end of Feb). It'll probably be around then.

Hi, congratulations :)))

Yes, I am bloated too, I have to undo my jeans when I sit :laugh2:
I read that this is because digestion is slowing down.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. I also told everyone back then, it definitely sucked. That's why I also want to keep it secret until end of February. Will announce it for my birthday, which is 23/2 :))

I still do one every week Hun. There's something ressuring about seeing the word pregnant come up on a screen. I must stop though, they are bloody expensive! Lol. It's still all not real at the moment, even though I've had a scan. It's like I'm expecting to just wake up and it all be a dream. Seeing those words does make me feel a whole lot better!

:wave: I'm also due round the end of Seotember. It seems a long old wait until the first scan doesn't it. I got my BFP on Friday and still in shock.
This is my third child so I know what to expect but I have gigot ton what these early days are like!!
I knew I was pregnant from the minute I conceived :haha: but now my symptoms seem to have gone a little.

Hi, congratulations :)) I guess it must be is easier the third time around ))) You know you did it twice and you can do that again ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->