4 weeks pregnant and spotting

Gemma82

Reaction score
Hi
I have just found out I am pregnant with my 2nd :) I'm a little nervous though as I've been spotting for 4 days now. I don't have any cramps and it's not like a period but it still concerns me. Has anyone else had this? Is it normal to spot for 4 days? Going to see the doctor tomorrow to check but just thought I would see if anyone had anything similar xx

I just found out today I am pregnant also with my second, we're not sure how far as had irregular cycles. I have been spotting light brown discharge for a week now, worse was Fri and Sat where I had enough to wear a panty liner. I also had this when pregnant with first, it was put down to implantation hun. Hoping it's the same now xx

I never had this with my first but hopefully like you say it's implantation bleeding. Suppose we just need to see what happens - fingers crossed for both of us xx

Hi! I'm 4+1 today and I also had some spotting today for the first time. It's brown/dark brown. No red blood, but I've also been having cramping since I got my BFP, and my lower back hurts like hell today!! I'm a little concerned so I sent a message to my doctor. Hope the both of us can get some answers soon. I have heard that spotting brown can be common in early pregnancy and I'm trying not to worry about it. It's disappointing though because we were going to tell my in-laws tonight, and I ended up cancelling our plans with them today because of the spotting and I didn't want them to get overly excited about something that may not work out anyway:-/

How are you getting on? I saw my doctor today who has asked for a urine sample which she will check tomorrow. I have had 5 days of spotting now - it's so worrying but i was reading an article earlier and it said only 5% of women who spot have complications, most women go on to have a normal pregnancy and healthy baby xx

Gemma-that info you shared makes me feel better...thank you! My husband is convinced I'm getting worked up over nothing, but my symptoms have decreased over the past couple days, so that makes me extra worried. My doc had me get a blood draw today, and then I'll probably get another one Thursday to compare levels. I have continued to spot a small amount today, but now its lighter and tan in color.

I'm close to 10 weeks. With this pregnancy I spotted 11 days! It started the day before I got BFP at 10 dpo. Usually beige, tan or brown. But a few times was more red in colour. Have seen heart beat twice now so hoping all continues well. I know spotting is disconcerting but try to just take one day at a time and don't get stressed out. It doesn't help anything. The doctors think it was IB. That being said I went to emerge twice over it as I had just suffered a recent loss and was pretty worried. Hope you two have similar outcomes.

Thanks anonymouscat! I just spoke with doc. Hcg level was 293, which is right where they want me to be at 4 wks, so that's good news! Lets pray the level doubles on Thursday. Then I'll feel a lot better!

Stalking for updates; I am in a similar situation but I'm not positive if I'm in fact pregnant or not, however my AF is due Saturday and I've been having light brown-tinged CM/spotting only when wiping yesterday and today.
Was starting to lose hope but this thread sounds promising!

Gemma-how are you?

As for me, no spotting today. Hoping its the end of it! Anxiously awaiting getting another blood draw tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->