4 weeks pregnant and spotting

D

Duckular

Hi ladies,

I've been feeling a bit funny for the last couple of weeks, and realised midway through last week that my period was late. I'm usually pretty regular, so I took a pregnancy test, which came out positive.

I have taken six tests in total over the last four days, all of which are very strong positives. For example:

https://i67.tinypic.com/2s7zw4o.jpg

My cycles are usually short (24 days), which means I'm around seven days late now. Pregnancy apps place me at 4 weeks pregnant, so very early.

So here's the issue: yesterday I noticed a tiny bit of spotting when wiping. It was only there once. This morning, it's back. It's only a very small amount, and slightly brown in colour.

Should I be worried? Surely this is too late for implantation bleeding, given the very clearly positive tests?

I don't have doctor, but I'm going to register with one tomorrow. I suppose we'll see...

I would definitely suggest registering with a doc. Always check with a doc for any bleeding, no matter how small.

That said, brown is the color of old blood so it could have been implantation bleeding that took a while to come out. I had brown at 6 weeks, and my midwife said it was likely the implantation bleed. It hasn't happened since.

Just keep an eye on it.

Congrats! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

I had a quite a bit of bleeding bright red fresh blood along with very sharp pains so got a scan last week and there was no bleeding around the baby but they did find a very big cyst which is causing me the pain and most likely the bleeding. The early pregnancy unit are very very good at helping and if you tell them your problems they will get you in for an early scan, although I doubt they will be able to see u this early.

P.s with my first pregnancy I bled right up until about 9 weeks but it was older brown blood and everything was fine

I had two separate days of spotting right when my period was due, and that turned out to be implantation bleeding. I tested the next day because AF didn't follow, and got a pretty decent line on the test. So, yes, it certainly could be IB. Always best to contact your doc with any bleeding in pregnancy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->