4 weeks pregnant!! Who's with me!!

Clover-did u try your doppler before 10 weeks?
I don't see my mw for 3 wks and really want a little reassurance by hearing the hb.

I wouldn't try much before 10weeks. 10 weeks is still pretty early. It also depends a little bit on how much belly chub might be in the way. Start right above the pubic hairline and point downwards then sort of slowly work your way up. The uterus is still down in the pelvis at 10weeks.

I got dopplers to compare and decided to keep the babybeat one bc its so easy to use. Found the hb immediately at 10 weeks, it was 168 :thumbup: the baby was moving quite a bit during last scan, hb was 178 and the tech commented it was bc gummy bear was moving so much :baby: thanks for sharing not to use the hb monitor every day, I was wondering and only used it once this week. So excited that we are almost done with the first tri :happydance: can't wait to tell everyone!!! Have you announced or waiting? Also, do you notice a prego belly yet? I swear mine popped out this week, but it's prob mostly from bloating... :dohh:

It's a beautiful thing and I wish I can use the doppler everyday but yea once a week is what I do too:happydance:how often do you get a scan? I haven't for weeks so I can't wait until next week when I finally see my nugget again:yipee: everyone says they can see their baby moving at this point....that makes me so excited!

My family and in laws know that's it. I live in place where everyone wants to know if I'm pregnant. Very annoying as it is none of their buisness:growlmad: but I'm happy and gonna enjoy this pregnancy and I just can't wait to have this baby and start this new chapter with my husband:flower:

I am showing but like you probably from bloat haha I really can't fit into my jeans anymore. But hey the bump has got to be some of the baby right? :)

How about you? Anyone know?

lol you crack me up - some of the bump must definitely be the :baby: I was never good with dimensions but even I am getting suspicious that a lime size baby can not be the reason for this bump... Maybe pizza has something to do with it :dohh: Someone who knows about the :baby: commented on the bump today - that was the first time, I was lost for words, but it's pretty cool and makes it more real :happydance:

we only told a few people - my parents, sister, grandma, best friend,and his mom. Oh, and my hair stylist, of course - had to confess bc I couldn't get my usual color at the last appointment. Its hard to keep a secret. I went off the grid pretty much bc I didn't want to explain drinking/food situation...

My next appointment is next wed, no scan this time, just hb check. I am planning to sneakily persuade my doc to do a scan tho, will report back if I succeed! Getting MaterniT21 test, so should know about the yucky genetic stuff and the sex of the baby in about a week and a half!

Are you getting MaterniT21? Or any other testing in first tri?

Hi all. New here and 4 weeks 3 days. I'm going to call and make my first appointment tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a time for this Friday. I already have my high risk OB but I think I will be doing most stuff through a regular OB. I have a thyroid disorder meaning i really need to monitor it closely. Im excited and nervous. This is our first pregnancy.

lol you crack me up - some of the bump must definitely be the :baby: I was never good with dimensions but even I am getting suspicious that a lime size baby can not be the reason for this bump... Maybe pizza has something to do with it :dohh: Someone who knows about the :baby: commented on the bump today - that was the first time, I was lost for words, but it's pretty cool and makes it more real :happydance:

we only told a few people - my parents, sister, grandma, best friend,and his mom. Oh, and my hair stylist, of course - had to confess bc I couldn't get my usual color at the last appointment. Its hard to keep a secret. I went off the grid pretty much bc I didn't want to explain drinking/food situation...

My next appointment is next wed, no scan this time, just hb check. I am planning to sneakily persuade my doc to do a scan tho, will report back if I succeed! Getting MaterniT21 test, so should know about the yucky genetic stuff and the sex of the baby in about a week and a half!

Are you getting MaterniT21? Or any other testing in first tri?

Yea I've actually officially started taking bumpie pics weekly. I'm definitely packing in some weight but I'd say I have a slight bump as well.

My father in law says I've gotten chubby considering my face was always tall and skinny but now more round. I don't care about slight chubby, I just want a fair looking pregnancy. So far symptoms are not that bad. Right now I just have nausea/food aversions, backaches(worst when I wake up), extreme moodiness(poor hubby), and headaches. As long as I don't start to vomit I can handle everything right now. How about you?

I think I'm a horrible person. I used the home fetal Doppler 3 days in a row :blush:

It's so hard because sometimes pregnancy gets you irritated and then your baby heartbeat lifts you up....oh dear:dohh:

I haven't gone to an appointment in weeks and that was with my RE so there wasn't any talk of first trimester checks but I see my obgyn tomorrow for the first time and that's one of the things I have written to discuss with her. You say gender reveal? At 12-13 weeks? From a test or scan? I would love to know the gender that early. I hear 16 weeks is the time it's revealed. Definitely sneak that scan, I would :happydance:

Lime? Lemon? Aren't they almost the same size o_O
Who knows how accurate those fruit pictures are hahaha:shrug:

Hi all. New here and 4 weeks 3 days. I'm going to call and make my first appointment tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a time for this Friday. I already have my high risk OB but I think I will be doing most stuff through a regular OB. I have a thyroid disorder meaning i really need to monitor it closely. Im excited and nervous. This is our first pregnancy.

Congratulations and all the best. I know how it feels to be at high risk. Explains my home fetal Doppler:dohh:

Clovercandy - haha bad mama, put the Doppler down and step away! I am with you, it's so cool to hear your baby! And honestly I don't think anything with a real risk would be mass produced for home use, so don't think there is any harm. I want to do it now :)

Yes, the test is pretty cool - maternit21 - non invasive and screens for 3 trisomies, plus detects the sex of the bebe. You can have it as early as 10 weeks - my ob recommends to test at 11. Takes about a week to get the results, so you can know the sex of th baby at 12 weeks! I am getting it tomorrow, won't lie I am a bit nervous and just hoping for good results! Phew, so much is out of our control.

Symptoms have been ok, I think it's because my ob put me on diclesis, which is in pregnancy category A, and it totally helped with morning sickness! I am pretty calm, weepy at times, and don't feel like I am any fun, as I don't have the energy to do much. Poor dh! Sleeping about 14 hrs a day...

How fun that you are going to the first ob visit! Do let us know how it goes!

I am looking forward to next week, when we will announce to everyone and I will be able to bust out my maternity clothes! I think the bump is significant enough now :)

Pregosaur- I went to my first official prenatal appointment and everything went great! The best part was when I saw the baby moving its little hands and feet:baby: Also I have a new due date and baby measured 12w

When I asked about the tests she told be about the genetic test etc but the gender reveal is only covered for women over 35 :cry:
I can wait but it wouldve been nice to know sooner :happydance:

For sure when the news breaks out I'll be wearing maternity clothes all the time :wohoo:

The more I think about the baby the more I'm eager to hold him/her in my arms :crib:

Went to my first appointment at 10w1d and we heard the heartbeat with the doppler:happydance:
1st ultrasound scheduled for February 10th for the 1st trimester screening. :thumbup:
On the plus side I didn't throw up today!

Went to my first appointment at 10w1d and we heard the heartbeat with the doppler:happydance:
1st ultrasound scheduled for February 10th for the 1st trimester screening. :thumbup:
On the plus side I didn't throw up today!

Awesome, awesome and awesome! And again congrats!:happydance:

Not feeling like myself at all these days. I am so...down and it's really weird. Mushy brain I call it lol. But I'm officially in the second trimester hurray!

Gotta keep it together and just stay grateful for this pregnancy. I can't wait for the screening Feb 11 only because I get to see baby again :baby:

How's everyone else doing?

11w5d
Feeling nauseated pretty much all the time. Dry heaving/puking/spitting a couple times a day. I feel exhausted all the time which I don't remember from #1. Maybe because I didn't really baby anything else I 'needed to be doing' when I was pregnant the first time around. I've also had a sick toddler most of the week (fever, cough, snots, and both ends) so that's been less than pleasant. I feel like being pregnant has made me a bad parent cause I'm just so "blah" or nauseated all the time. I hope this comes to an end with the end of the first trimester. The first time it didn't stop til the end of my second trimester :wacko:

On the bright side my NT scan is scheduled for Tuesday and I'm looking forward to my very first ultrasound this pregnancy!!!!:happydance:

@fisher640

Hang in there and I hope your little one is feeling better. So many things going on for me as well. Still cranky too...

Did you have extreme crankiness durning any of your pregnancies? What were the things to occupy yourself the first time around?

@fisher640

Hang in there and I hope your little one is feeling better. So many things going on for me as well. Still cranky too...

Did you have extreme crankiness durning any of your pregnancies? What were the things to occupy yourself the first time around?

I definitely feel moodier this go round. Feel like I'm always grouchy.
I knitted more the first go round because I didn't have anyone small interrupting my progress!:haha:the irony of having cute babies to knit for is you no longer have time to knit!

Clover-I hear ya about the grouchy and down feelings. I think being pg in winter has a super zap on ur body and not getting enough vit D causes us to feel this way. Just a theory but I need a reason why I feel this way lol.

4 weeks :)

Can I please join? I am not as far along as you ladies but would love to join in!

I have been feeling pretty good besides cramps and an almost burning sensation in my uterus. No spotting so I'm hoping this is normal.

This is my first time on the pregnant forums so I'm very excited after TTC for a while :)

4 weeks :)

Can I please join? I am not as far along as you ladies but would love to join in!

I have been feeling pretty good besides cramps and an almost burning sensation in my uterus. No spotting so I'm hoping this is normal.

This is my first time on the pregnant forums so I'm very excited after TTC for a while :)

I've had random symptoms but as long as there's no spotting and/or intense cramps then it's ok. I know how you feel this is my first time after long ttc journey! It's wonderful and so glad to hear another one of us is pregnant after ttc.

Congrats!

1st ultrasound yesterday! Everything going well so far. I was exactly 12 weeks when I went but baby is measuring exactly 13w. They said if it was 13 and 1 day they would have changed my due date! But it remains August 25th.
Nausea still going strong:wacko:

I have tender breasts but not too bad. Unfortunately i might now be on this forum with you ladies for long. Hcg levels are very low. Might be looking at a M/C soon. Sad part is I have no cramps or spotting. If I wouldn't have had to get a test I wouldn't have a clue something might be wrong. It was 24 Monday and only went up to 35 as of yesterday :-( I go back tomorrow for my 3rd draw. Not feeling very confident

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->