4 weeks.

Mummy.kt

Reaction score
I'm 4weeks pregnant, with my 2nd child and have a few questions about doctors appointments etc.

When I was pregnant with my DS 6years ago I did a home test rung the doctors then had the doctor do a test and refer me to the mw. This time I have rung the Drs to do the same but they don't test anymore just book you straight in for a mw appointment at 7weeks.

I keep taking tests to make sure I am lol

Anyone else had this?

Thanks ladies x

I just contacted my mw direct this time and she said she'll book me in and will see me once I'm 7 weeks. From what I've heard, you see the mw far less frequently with your second (and subsequent) pregnancies xx

Really? My first one was pretty straight forward so will probably be the same.
I feel impatient atm it feels to be going slow. Everyday I seem to be worrying about things. Just want to meet the mw, hear babies hb and have a scan then I can chill a bit lol x

This is my first and because I don't have any risk factors I'm basically still going on the 5 times I POAS as my only confirmation that I'm pregnant till my 12 week scan (which thankfully is on Monday). I don't think it's that uncommon that they don't test/confirm till 12 weeks in this country unless there is uncertainty or potential risks.

This is my first and because I don't have any risk factors I'm basically still going on the 5 times I POAS as my only confirmation that I'm pregnant till my 12 week scan (which thankfully is on Monday). I don't think it's that uncommon that they don't test/confirm till 12 weeks in this country unless there is uncertainty or potential risks.

Thanks, all the best for Monday.

Hi :) Congrats - I Rang Yesterday to let them know I have gone of the Pos OPK I had, as didnt track my last AF, Im Booked in to see her Tuesday and then they will offer me a Early Scan, Due to the Last 2 MMC I had. x

I called my doctor as well and they said they want to see me between 8-12weeks so I have an appt jan 23rd

Awwww yay that's so exciting I can't wait to go I want an ultrasound to see exactly how far along I am

I called and my MD is seeing me around estimated 7 weeks. First appt is Jan 21, very nervous!

In both of my pregnancies the doctors never confirmed my pregnancy with their own tests lol! - My 1st pregnancy the doctor said 'What test was it? if its from poundland I will make you take one' I said clearblue 'Oh ok I trust those'

This time?
'did you take a test?' 'yes' 'and positive result?' 'yes' 'ok then' :shrug:

But both times the doctor saw me then booked me in with the MW personally and they both estimated my due date via LMP

Thanks for your replies ladies.
Can I just check? I have noticed people putting on here about checking hcg levels etc this gets me worrying as I wouldn't know what to do to check them lol? I was just leaving it to seeing the mw and my 12 wk scan.
Is this something other people do?
I worry about the slightest things and had to come off my anti anxiety tablets because I'm pregnant so don't think that helps lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->