4 wks pg and pain on left side near ovary?

Belle Shine

Reaction score
Hi all,
I got my BFP two days ago using a frer and fmu I got a very strong line straight away.

Yesterday (14dpo), in the evening, I took a cb digi and got pregnant (2-3) I thought the high levels were a good sign.

But, this evening, I have a dull throbbing pain in my left side, near the ovary. It is very localised and very sensitive to pressure and I'm starting to fear ectopics.

I don't have any bleeding or any other symptoms but this dull pain/throb is definitely there and not fading.

I know they say it can be a cyst but I know I ovulated from the other side this month as I get ovulation pains so surely a pregnancy cyst would be on the right?

Has anyone had anything similar? and found out what it was?.. It isn't the same as the ligament stretching I've been having or cramps that I have ever experienced.

This is my third pregnancy and I don't remember anything like it before. I'll call gp tomorrow if it continues but I'm looking for some experience if possible?

xx

Hi all,
I got my BFP two days ago using a frer and fmu I got a very strong line straight away.

Yesterday (14dpo), in the evening, I took a cb digi and got pregnant (2-3) I thought the high levels were a good sign.

But, this evening, I have a dull throbbing pain in my left side, near the ovary. It is very localised and very sensitive to pressure and I'm starting to fear ectopics.

I don't have any bleeding or any other symptoms but this dull pain/throb is definitely there and not fading.

I know they say it can be a cyst but I know I ovulated from the other side this month as I get ovulation pains so surely a pregnancy cyst would be on the right?

Has anyone had anything similar? and found out what it was?.. It isn't the same as the ligament stretching I've been having or cramps that I have ever experienced.

This is my third pregnancy and I don't remember anything like it before. I'll call gp tomorrow if it continues but I'm looking for some experience if possible?

xx

i get random pains on both sides... and i ovulated from my right. who knows what it is, probably just normal stretching.

If you ovulated from the right then if it was ectopic that would be on the right also the egg wouldn't come down the right then go up the left tube

I've had twinges too .... I only ever feel ovulation on my right side weirdly and I also have a cyst so I have put it down to that , I would think the pain would be consistant if it was ectopic but as the other lady said if you ovulated the other side then everything should be fine :) if in any doubt I would absolutely ring your gp tomorrow xxxxx

The hospital suspected ectopic with me when I had just found out I was pregnant, I was asked if I had shoulder pain when they were investigating me. I had pain on one side and still do every now and then, I think it's just stretching etc. I think if the pain becomes unbearable or as a nurse told me, if it doesn't go away with paracetamol then you should go and see the Dr/Epu.
Fingers crossed it's just stretching pain. XXXX

The hospital suspected mine was ectopic cause I had really bad sharp pains in my right side front and back before I even tested positive. On my first scan and second scan they couldn't find the baby so they worried even more that it was ectopic. They left me for 5 days when I went back they found baby. I'm still have the really sharp pains in my right side but no one can tell why or what it is. If you are really worried ring the early pregnancy unit and they will get you in straight away for a scan. They really don't like to waste time when it comes to potential ectopics. Good luck. X

I wouldn't suspect ectopic just yet. It sounds normal to me. I remember having twinges early on with all of my pregnancies due to what is called a corpus luteum cyst. It is a pocket of fluid that grows on your ovary where the egg was released and produces the hormones needed to sustain the pregnancy until the placenta takes over. Mine always bothered me because they were pretty big and did go away in the second trimester, along with the pain. I bet that is what is causing your pinching pains, especially since you've already been pregnant.

I had the exact same thing around 4 weeks. I was nervous for ectopic so I went to the hospital. An ultrasound showed that my tubes and ovaries were normal. They were even able to see a teeny tiny different-colored spot in my uterus. They had no explanation for the left-sided pain and it stayed around for another week or so before fading. I would get checked out to be on the safe side, but I don't think you should worry too much. Feel better soon :)

i got really bad pains on my left side the day before i found out i was pregnant, I'm pretty sure it was implantation cramps. It could be that

I'm at ten weeks and still get these throbbing like pains on one side, they're never constant and usually come and go and never get worse. This is my third pregnancy, and I imagine it's just stretching and possibly corpus... I wouldn't worry unless the pain becomes unbearable, I'm sure you're fine :)

I'm 7 weeks today and I still get these random pinch sensations on both sides. They scare the hell out of me. But I can't say I've had any type of cramps/twinges that have lasted a lengthy period of time. If you become short of breath or can't stand up straight I would say go to the ER to be on the safe side.

Thank you all, this does make me feel a bit better.

The 'pain', or niggly sensitive area, seems to go in the morning and come back by the afternoon, always same area. I was wondering if maybe a bit of extra food in the intestines puts more pressure on the area and brings it to the front so I notice it more (or not, I'm no expert!).

It is just such a specific area and pain, that I can't believe it is general stretching and adjusting. So I will get it checked out. I have an appointment booked with my GP on Thursday morning. By then I will be 4+5 so more chance of seeing something if they do want to send me for ultrasound.

I'll def ring 111 or go the A&E if I get any strong pains or bleeding though.

But, for now, I'm a little bit reassured, thank you :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->