40+5 and feeling like its never going to happen. Anyone else OD?

Little Ducky

Reaction score
As above, I'm 40+5 today & so far I've had NO signs that labour is going to happen soon.
Baby is still 3/5 palpable and at last check, back to back.
I've had no period pains or aches, twinges or even back ache. No bloody show, although possibly a tiny bit of plug loss, but not too sure.
I just feel like its never going to happen, I don't even get braxton hicks.
I'm a FTM, so not sure what I ought to be expecting, but a baby soon would be lovely!

Anyone else out there overdue with very little signs you'll give birth soon?

i'm 41 + 5 and no labor yet. I feel for ya! I lost my plug after having my membranes stripped 2 times, and I had labor induction acupunture yesterday. Have been using Raspberry leaf tea and EPO since 36 weeks, walking, bouncing, eating pineapple, spicy food, having sex, but still no labor. I do get some BH but I've had those since 18 weeks. The only real contractions I've had is during acupunture yesterday, but none since then. I'm 4cm (as of friday) and 50% effaced, but baby is at -3 still! I can't seem to get this baby moving down! I have to be induced on Tuesday and I'm SOOOO incredibly bummed about it. I really wanted to try for a natural birth, and feel like it'll be impossible if I'm induced.

Just know that at least you will be holding your baby soon, one way or the other!

i'm 41 + 5 and no labor yet. I feel for ya! I lost my plug after having my membranes stripped 2 times, and I had labor induction acupunture yesterday. Have been using Raspberry leaf tea and EPO since 36 weeks, walking, bouncing, eating pineapple, spicy food, having sex, but still no labor. I do get some BH but I've had those since 18 weeks. The only real contractions I've had is during acupunture yesterday, but none since then. I'm 4cm (as of friday) and 50% effaced, but baby is at -3 still! I can't seem to get this baby moving down! I have to be induced on Tuesday and I'm SOOOO incredibly bummed about it. I really wanted to try for a natural birth, and feel like it'll be impossible if I'm induced.

Just know that at least you will be holding your baby soon, one way or the other!

So sorry you're having a crap time of it too, and a whole 7 days further on than me, I REALLY feel for you. I have no doubt that come Saturday the 8th I'll be toddling off to the hospital for my induction, as I very much doubt he will have made his own way by then... but if an induction is what I need to get him out, then so be it! I know just what you mean about wanting to go naturally, but if it doesn't happen I shall just have to suck it up and accept my induction. I want to meet my baby soon, its getting silly now Lol :p

I'm not due yet this time around, BUT I was a full 7 days overdue with my first with absolutely no signs of labor approaching until the day it actually did start. In fact even after being in labor (at home) for about 16 hours I finally went to the hospital and was still zero cent. dilated :( Hang in there, I promise it doesn't last forever and could literally start at any time. I'm happy to hear you are letting your little one bake as long as needed and not pushing anything at this point. I am sending some major labor vibes your way though...as I know what it feels like to be overdue!!!

I am 4 days overdue. Blehhhh. I haven't had very many signs of labour yet. Some mild cramping and lots of pain down there. Pretty much it. I am 2/5 palpable though! lol. I am scheduled for a stretch and sweep tomorrow and am SOOOOOO hoping it works so I can get the water birth I want.

Hi ladies. I'm not there yet, but I'm sure I will be in your position. I had to be induced at 41 1/2 wks with my first, and it was such a horrible wait, each day over felt like a week over. So I really feel for you guys. BUT I wanted to state that my baby was a very healthy baby when born, good birth weight, no problems, great nurser..... So those are a few benefits of having a .. Um.. Mature baby! Lol.
Hope things move along for you guys. And don't get too down if you do end up having to be induced. I was so upset that it came to that with me, but really you cant do anything about that, so dont kill yourself over something that is out of your control. In the end..... I got a beautiful healthy baby girl. That's all that mattered to me when all was said and done. Hopefully things start happening soon, sending labor vibes your way!

I'm not due yet this time around, BUT I was a full 7 days overdue with my first with absolutely no signs of labor approaching until the day it actually did start. In fact even after being in labor (at home) for about 16 hours I finally went to the hospital and was still zero cent. dilated :( Hang in there, I promise it doesn't last forever and could literally start at any time. I'm happy to hear you are letting your little one bake as long as needed and not pushing anything at this point. I am sending some major labor vibes your way though...as I know what it feels like to be overdue!!!

Thanks, good to hear that you went naturally having had no signs previously, thats positive to hear! Poor you though, 16 hours and still not dilated? I would CRY!

I am 4 days overdue. Blehhhh. I haven't had very many signs of labour yet. Some mild cramping and lots of pain down there. Pretty much it. I am 2/5 palpable though! lol. I am scheduled for a stretch and sweep tomorrow and am SOOOOOO hoping it works so I can get the water birth I want.

I too have a sweep booked for tomorrow, my midwife has said its a standard procedure they carry out at 41 weeks but im still nervous, not sure what to expect so a little worried about it!

Hi ladies. I'm not there yet, but I'm sure I will be in your position. I had to be induced at 41 1/2 wks with my first, and it was such a horrible wait, each day over felt like a week over. So I really feel for you guys. BUT I wanted to state that my baby was a very healthy baby when born, good birth weight, no problems, great nurser..... So those are a few benefits of having a .. Um.. Mature baby! Lol.
Hope things move along for you guys. And don't get too down if you do end up having to be induced. I was so upset that it came to that with me, but really you cant do anything about that, so dont kill yourself over something that is out of your control. In the end..... I got a beautiful healthy baby girl. That's all that mattered to me when all was said and done. Hopefully things start happening soon, sending labor vibes your way!

Thanks, its good to hear there may be some benefits to come with an overcooked babe lol! And I know you're right about induction, I definitely need to keep thinking about it that way, rather than just feeling disappointment, if it does come down to that!

Thanks ladies xx

Yes, definitely do not feel bad IF you have to be induced! You do hit a certain point where something has to give :) The end goal is to have a healthy baby however that needs to happen :)

I had to be induced at 41 1/2 bc fluid levels got too low. Like I said, sometimes there are things out of your control. It was safer for baby to finally come, and it had to be by induction. Not what I wanted, but it was what was best at that time. So all you mommys be proud of your pregnancy and delivery, no matter what route you have to take. I promise it will all be worth it in the end.

Well I just had my sweep. Except I didn't, because my cervix was not at all favourable, still very posterior.
Guess I'll be here for a few days yet :-(

Oh & baby is still back to back.

Sorry your sweep didn't go as planned little ducky. I'm still here too, though tomorrow I'm 42 weeks, and am scheduled for induction in the morning. I went for one more acupuncture session this morning, and had cramps/contractions through the whole session, though they seem to have tapered off already:cry:

Good luck to you, and I really hope you go into labor naturally!

Sorry your sweep didn't go as planned little ducky. I'm still here too, though tomorrow I'm 42 weeks, and am scheduled for induction in the morning. I went for one more acupuncture session this morning, and had cramps/contractions through the whole session, though they seem to have tapered off already:cry:

Good luck to you, and I really hope you go into labor naturally!

Thank you! I really hope your induction goes well tomorrow, do come back & let me know how it went if you're able to!
Good luck, all the best!

Have you tried the foot pressure points? Have your hubby do it?

My hubby pushed on these and my plug went next morning and I was in labor that night on my due date. Google pressure points to induce labor.

Oh wow I thought you were still pregnant Lol :p

Will have a look at pressure points.

Well I'm due today with baby number 2. I had a membrane sweep at 39 weeks (big baby) and I was 3cm, 75%effaced and my waters were bulging! I have had my show/lost my plug, I've been bouncing, walking, eating hot stuff, clearly sage baths, rlt and epo.... Everything! Everyday Ive had cramps and back ache a d regular braxton hicks for hrs at a time and NOTHING is happening :-(

Well I'm due today with baby number 2. I had a membrane sweep at 39 weeks (big baby) and I was 3cm, 75%effaced and my waters were bulging! I have had my show/lost my plug, I've been bouncing, walking, eating hot stuff, clearly sage baths, rlt and epo.... Everything! Everyday Ive had cramps and back ache a d regular braxton hicks for hrs at a time and NOTHING is happening :-(

That must be frustrating :-(
Certainly sounds like something will be kicking off very soon though!

I've been doing everything too and nothing is working! I will be asking for a sweep tomorrow...

Well, baby #2 isn't due for another 8 weeks or so, but my first guy was 6 days overdue. Never had any signs of labour other than losing a bit of mucus and teensy tiny bit of bright red spotting (about a week before he came). Nothing to indicate he would be coming until my labour actually started! So I think it's quite normal to go from zero to 100, if you know what I mean! Don't be discouraged, it could start any minute!

Oh, and my doctor was never able to do a proper sweep either, so that didn't work for me either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->