Tests are confusing! Vvvvfl... but, I may just be pregnant at 42!

Angelique76

Reaction score
So today I decided to move my thread here. I realised that Pregnancy over 35 probably wasn't the right place to put it.

Here's a little update (I have only taken my posts and not comments from other ladies).

Hopefully my journey will help others and maybe we can support each other. I know that there are days where I feel completely alone. Lots of baby dust to all :dust:

28 March 2017 –

My hope for this thread is that we can support each other in our journey, whether TTC, MC or successfully falling pregnant.

5 April 2017 –

Today, for the first time in years, my cycle is 26 days and not 28 days. I read that it could be due to the polyp that I have, which will be removed in June. Could also be stress related, there has been a bit of that lately, but will have to get through it and move forward from there.

22 April 2017 –

I am pretty sure I O'd twice this month, a couple days apart. I read that about 10% of woman in a controlled study had that. Will chat to OB when I see him in June.

Any thoughts on the matter?

28 April 2017 –

So, today I am starting to feel excited as the time to op is getting shorter. June 12 is around the corner now.

My daughter asked me why I am going for an op, so I told her that they need to fix something. She told me she was very sad in December because she thought she was finally going to have a brother or sister. My heart broke for her. I told her not to worry, that she would have one next year. No pressure doctor, you have to make this happen.

I will do whatever it takes now.

I read that sweet potatoes (yams) produce more FSH. Haha, shall I start eating more of them? Although, I don't have any issue falling pregnant, it's keeping the babies in that becomes an issue. But we will get to the route of the problem.

3 May 2017 –

So, my cycle came two days early again. 26 days and quite heavy. I read on Dr. Google that heavier flow is probably due to polyp. I will have to chat to Doc when I see him in just over a month. I wonder if the shorter cycle, which brings with it a shorter luteal phase will have negative consequences for conception.

So I decided to look up the whole sticky blood thing... if you have recurrent loss, and haven't been tested, maybe this is an option for you. I have extracted only the portions relevant to pregnancy.

ntiphospholipid syndrome is an immune disorder in which abnormal antibodies are linked to abnormal blood clots in veins and arteries. It mostly affects the legs, but clots may also form in the kidneys, lungs and other organs.

Complications in pregnancy include recurring miscarriages and preterm births.

Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) is also known as Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome, Hughes syndrome, or sticky blood.

The abnormal antibodies attack fats that contain phosphorous, known as phospholipids. Heart valve abnormalities are common in people with APS, and up to one in three cases of stroke under the age of 50 years may be due to it.

What is antiphospholipid syndrome?
APS is an autoimmune condition in which the person's immune system produces antibodies called antiphospholipid antibodies.

These are abnormal antibodies that attack proteins and fats in the blood, and specifically phospholipids.

The fats and proteins that are attacked are thought to be important in maintaining blood consistency.

Signs and symptoms
Complications of pregnancy: These include recurring miscarriages, preterm delivery, and preeclampsia, or high blood pressure during pregnancy.

Some people have the antibodies but do not develop signs or symptoms. However, certain triggers can cause the condition to develop in these people.

Triggers include:

Obesity
Pregnancy
High cholesterol levels
High blood pressure
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
Oral contraceptives
Tobacco smoking
Staying still for too long, for example, during a long flight
A surgical procedure

Treatment in pregnancy
A woman with a diagnosis with APS should plan for pregnancy from before conception. Treatment will start at the beginning of pregnancy and finish after delivery.

In an unplanned pregnancy, the effectiveness of treatment may be reduced as it will not begin until several weeks after conception.

Treatment will normally be aspirin, heparin, or both, depending on previous clots of pregnancy complications. Warfarin can cause birth defects, and it is not used during pregnancy.

If the patient does not respond to this treatment, intravenous immunoglobulin infusions and corticosteroids, such as prednisone, may be prescribed.

If, by the third trimester, there are no problems, the heparin treatment may stop, but the aspirin treatment may have to continue until the end of the pregnancy.

Regular blood tests will need to continue to ensure the blood can still clot enough to stop bleeding if the patient bruises or cuts herself.

I am feeling kind of bummed out at the moment. I appear to have brochitis. :( From what I hag ve read, they won't perform surgery for at least a month with bronchitis. This will throw out my planning. I do believe that everything happens for a reason, but really, how much longer must I keep delaying this?!

Ok, so I am on the mend. I have researching a lot on PCOS. I don't have all symptoms, but definitely some. Come on 12 June, I am getting impatient!

AF will start soon as well. Pity I will be ovulating at the time of my op. Oh well, everything is as it should be.

mmm... old wives remedies, and I am finally getting better.

AF was 2 days late. I was not concerned about pregnancy though. We agrees no trying until doctor tells us what's going on. My cycle average is still 28 days though. 14 days to my next appointment. So 15-16 days to my op. I remain excited and scared. Just over a month and I will probably ttc. Yay.

Two weeks! I hope this cough goes away, otherwise I am sure doc will postpone op :(

Just over a week left until I see my OB and I am not better :( I have been waiting so long for this! If this will be postponed because of flu I am going to be so down. Really!

On the other hand, I do believe that everything is as it should be.

Will follow your posts on this and wish you the best of luck! :)

Thank you Angel. Nice to have some company. :) Are you on a journey as well?

I wish I could have another baby. But I am 47 and I think our chances are slimmer than non existent and we have no money for IVF or any other treatment.
By 2011 we had been trying for 3 1/2 years when we finally had some treatment at a clinic. It turned out that my OH had antibodies in his sperm and that apparently made conception slim to none. So we conceived our twin boys via IUI after they washed his sperm :)shrug:). The boys are now 5 years old.
I am FXing for you that you will soon hold your rainbow baby :)

Thank you Angel. I am completely obsessed at the moment. Lol. Thank you for the well wishes. I do believe, with everything in me, that I will have my rainbow.

Congratulations on your two boys. I am so pleased that you were able to have them. What a blessing. :)

Today I received my Folate that I ordered. Folate (VitB9) is the natural form of folic acid and it is apparently absorbed better by the body.

It helps reduce the risk of neural tube defects prior to becoming pregnant and during early pregnancy. It also helps the body metabilise proteins, to form red blood cells and to prevent folate deficiency. It must be taken with VitB12.

I have been taking Folic Acid, the "man-made" form of B9 up until now.

Monday is just around the corner and I am still so excited and still so nervous. Whoop whoop.

I am sorry I missed this but what op is this you are having? FX it works out well what ever it is! :)

Hi Angel. I am having a polyp removed and then will be having all the tests to see what the underlying problem is for loss. OB reckons it's a clotting issue but will soon know. :)

I have been waiting for this day to arrive, and now it's almost here.

Today I ordered 5x One Step 10mlU tests off Amazon. It works out quite cheap, even though I have been charged in US$. I have no idea what the tests will be like, but they will arrive, around the start of the tww in July. LOL

So today I have a bit of doubt... what if they find nothing wrong?! I keep telling myself to have faith and believe. Where is this self-doubt coming from? Clotting issues happens to be a family issue... my Mom and some other families. So I am pretty sure that will be the reason. I suppose I am just a bit nervous. My appointment is less than 24 hours away. I am so excited and so nervous.

I am FXing so much for you! I really hope they find answers! :hugs:

Wishing you luck, Angelique. There is hope. I just had a rainbow baby on Valentine's Day at 42.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->