• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

42+ pregnant?

I just want to scream!! I know I'll feel better tomorrow, but right now I've just had it.

Huge sympathies to you guys. We're in the same sad boat :(

I hear you... This morning I was on the phone with DF to tell him about the BFN and I asked about his supplements and he said he wasn't being good on all of them as there are so many and asked me which were the most important. I said "all of them!" I got of the phone and started to cry. I sent him an email saying it wasn't fair to me blah blah blah. He called and said he was just playing with me and he thought I knew he was just joking. I'm so tired of this TTC I can't even tell when his serious or just pulling my leg anymore.

Hi ladies, I am new to posting. I am 6DPO hoping for another pregnancy. Background on me, I am 41, 42 in May and have had three miscarriages since September 2012 when I conceived for the first time. First pregnancy, no fetal pole on U/S at 6 weeks, miscarried naturally at 10 weeks. Second pregnancy was a surprise in January. We conceived Dec 20, test 11DPO but was negative then had what I thought was a period. Bright red blood, moderate amount and for 5 days. Temps stayed up during bleeding which isn't unusual for me but never did go down. Didn't feel pregnant like I did the first time. No sore boobs, no twinges, nothing. DH was going to have to be out of town during my next ovulation so I tested to see if I needed to buy a plane ticket, two weeks after my "period", and it was positive. Was shocked. Had 8wk U/S, baby :). Sadly had spotting two weeks later, another U/S showed baby died the day of the first ultrasound . Miscarried two weeks later. Third pregnancy was a chemical in June.
Been to an RE. Everything is fine other than low progesterone which I use suppositories to help. Didn't test quality of eggs since we don't want to do IVF or anything other than natural conception. Already know that at age 41 my eggs are old and some past their expiration date so don't need a test to make me feel worse.
So now in the two week wait. I hate the waiting. Afraid to have sex, exercise, take hot bath or anything that could possibly do anything to hurt our chances for implantation.
Looking for support.
Thank you happy for starting this thread. I feel more encouraged and have learned some new things I will add to my protocol. Started reading today and then saw you added a great pic happy showing off your bump. Best of luck to us all.

Hi Ladies

My name is Chelle and am 42.2 years old and have just experienced a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks. This would have been my 4th pregnancy.

Little background: I delivered my 1st baby at age 36, 2nd age 37.5 and 3rd age 39. All planned and month tot turned one we conceived again (we were very lucky). Fourth pregnancy age 42 ended in missed miscarriage at 10 weeks. Started bleeding and contracting etc 4 October 2013. Still bleeding and still testing positive for pregnancy but is fainter. My 3 weeks is up this thursday so am hoping bleeding will stop and to have a negative test.

My health background, fibroids since teenager. Heavy menstrual bleed and painful, lose large clots each menstrual bleed. Bleed for about 7 days, starting extremely heavy and by day 4 it becomes medium then day 7 is usually very light. My menses range from 26-30 days.

I am a high risk for pregnancy, have anti bodies Kell, E and Duffy FYA. My husband is positive for Duffy FYA which is seen as the naughty one for us over the other 2. First 2 pregnancies we delivered 2 weeks early, however 3rd 6 weeks early. Anti bodies crossed and placed baby in danger - number 3 hence induced 6 weeks early. All babies had jaundice but only 3rd needed therapy.

I was also diagnosed in March with duodenitis and duodenal ulcers, oh and ulcerations in colon. So lots of inflammation. This diagnosis took 2 years, I was really poorly; pain in stomach and swollen (looked constantly pregnant and was always asked that too), daily sickness, extreme fatigue, insomnia, mood swings, hair loss, nails did not grow, looked ill and some days would collapse. I went gluten free from January 2011 as doctors suspected celiac because of my symptoms. Although slight improvement was still suffering which led to more investigations until they found what they found earlier this year. From March til July I worked really hard getting this under control. Took lots of herbs and supplements to sort out inflammation; juiced green cabbages for 3 weeks - yuk - did the pine nut oil; and lots more things including following an anti-inflammatory diet.

Since my body clock was ticking and I was starting to feel better but not 100% we decided to try June for baby. The supplements I took from December 2012 to get my fertility ready for when felt better we would try the BD:

Pregnacare conception
Evening Primrose Oil - 1 a day
Mega B-100 Time Released Vitamin B Complex - 1 a day
Serrapeptase (which I was taking for inflammation) - 2 a day
Pro-biotic - 1 a day
Drinking Red raspberry leaf tea daily

The month we decided to try I only took Evening Primrose Oil and drank the tea from CD1 up to CD12, as I read that taking these past ovulation can damage chances.

We didn't catch end of June but we did get our positive end of July cycle.

Then 10 weeks on devastation hits us.

So now trying to prepare myself for our next attempt at successfully TTC with sticky baby this time.

So lots of reading on the net and not properly researching as my mind was everywhere. This is what I am taking now thanks to my credit card; started day of miscarriage;

FertilCare Conception (in place of pregnacare plus) not sure why I switched (have always taken a prenatal since December 2012)

Calcium, Magnesium with Vitamin D3 - take 3 a day with meals. total dose taking all 3 are Vit D 400 i.u. Calcium 1,000mg, Magnesium 500mg

Mega B-100 Time Released Vitamin B Complex

CoEnzyme Q-10 30mg - I take 6 a day with meals

Royal Jelly 100mg - I take 3 a day with meals

Wheat Germ Oil 1130mg - 1 a day

Triple Mega 3.6.9 1200mg Active Omega Complex - 3 a day with meal

Black Cohosh 40mg - 2 capsules twice a day with meal (only bought this today) From what I have read you are supposed to only take this up until ovulation. As I am still bleeding I plan to carry on taking it until I get my period following the miscarriage and then stop at CD12.

Evening Primrose Oil (again when we try I will stop at CD12)

I have also been taking Sepia 30c and Pulsatilla 30c since miscarriage as I read it helps to balance things out. Has anyone heard about these homeopathic pillules or have experience taking them?

So I have also read about Iodine being good to support your hormones and is safe throughout pregnancy - anyone come across this?

Does it sound like I am doing over kill with the supplements?

Does anyone know once pregnant again - I remain positive it will happen - which supplements I have to drop once pregnant and which ones I can carry on with throughout?

Sorry for the long introduction but didn't want to miss anything out.

I hope you are all doing well and someday soon will get your dream BFP.

thanks for reading. :flower:

Hi ladies, I am new to posting. I am 6DPO hoping for another pregnancy. Background on me, I am 41, 42 in May and have had three miscarriages since September 2012 when I conceived for the first time. First pregnancy, no fetal pole on U/S at 6 weeks, miscarried naturally at 10 weeks. Second pregnancy was a surprise in January. We conceived Dec 20, test 11DPO but was negative then had what I thought was a period. Bright red blood, moderate amount and for 5 days. Temps stayed up during bleeding which isn't unusual for me but never did go down. Didn't feel pregnant like I did the first time. No sore boobs, no twinges, nothing. DH was going to have to be out of town during my next ovulation so I tested to see if I needed to buy a plane ticket, two weeks after my "period", and it was positive. Was shocked. Had 8wk U/S, baby :). Sadly had spotting two weeks later, another U/S showed baby died the day of the first ultrasound . Miscarried two weeks later. Third pregnancy was a chemical in June.
Been to an RE. Everything is fine other than low progesterone which I use suppositories to help. Didn't test quality of eggs since we don't want to do IVF or anything other than natural conception. Already know that at age 41 my eggs are old and some past their expiration date so don't need a test to make me feel worse.
So now in the two week wait. I hate the waiting. Afraid to have sex, exercise, take hot bath or anything that could possibly do anything to hurt our chances for implantation.
Looking for support.
Thank you happy for starting this thread. I feel more encouraged and have learned some new things I will add to my protocol. Started reading today and then saw you added a great pic happy showing off your bump. Best of luck to us all.

Wishing you luck during your 2WW - fingers crossed.

Wow fandabby, you are an inspiration having three back to back and wanting another. I am so sorry for your loss however.Sadly many of us know what that is like. It took my body 4weeks with the first two pregnancies to miscarry after the fetal demise. So technically people would call it missed miscarriage but I did pass the tissue just took my body time to let go. Didn't want to do D & C since it takes longer for uterus to recover.

Wow fandabby, you are an inspiration having three back to back and wanting another. I am so sorry for your loss however.Sadly many of us know what that is like. It took my body 4weeks with the first two pregnancies to miscarry after the fetal demise. So technically people would call it missed miscarriage but I did pass the tissue just took my body time to let go. Didn't want to do D & C since it takes longer for uterus to recover.

Thank you. I always wanted a larger family, just love children and mine make me laugh so much. I do want one more and hope we get our dream.

Sorry for your losses also, it's certainly a tough process to go through. I wish you luck with your journey for TTC.

Fingers crossed :dust:

Thank you. I always wanted a larger family, just love children and mine make me laugh so much. I do want one more and hope we get our dream.

Sorry for your losses also, it's certainly a tough process to go through. I wish you luck with your journey for TTC.

Fingers crossed :dust:

Thanks for the baby dust. Baby dust to you also :hugs:
So want it to be Monday already so I can test.:winkwink:

Hi Ladies, no one comes to this forum anymore! How is everybody? Any news? Fed up trying? If you really want a baby, don't give up. Maybe change what you are doing, research lots and lots. I am crazy thinking I wanna do it again. Only thing is that I will be at least 45 years old. Although it took me 4 years of trying.and heart aches, in the end it happened but I searched heaven and earth for this baby. I feel I now have it sussed out and I may attempt it again. My due dates around the corner... I am a bit nervous... It has been 10 years since the last time! Count down time... I would love to read a success story...

Hi happy, your story gives me hope. I didn't conceive this last cycle liked I hoped but I started a new supplement plan including Co Q10 to improve my old eggs ;-). I think I my not try to conceive for a month or two. Scary waiting but after three losses might be helpful. I went to an RE and all my immune tests and clotting tests are fine. Didn't have my FSH or lab for egg quality done because I am 41 and know it probably isn't great, don't need a lab to tell me. At the time, it would have made me feel worse.
I am so happy for your success. You must be getting so excited.

Hi happy, your story gives me hope. I didn't conceive this last cycle liked I hoped but I started a new supplement plan including Co Q10 to improve my old eggs ;-). I think I my not try to conceive for a month or two. Scary waiting but after three losses might be helpful. I went to an RE and all my immune tests and clotting tests are fine. Didn't have my FSH or lab for egg quality done because I am 41 and know it probably isn't great, don't need a lab to tell me. At the time, it would have made me feel worse.
I am so happy for your success. You must be getting so excited.
Sorry about your losses... Been there, know the feeling. I have read that after a miscarriage, if you get pregnant straight away, your body is less likely to reject the baby. Did you have an NK cell test? And Yeah, I can't believe bubba made it this time! Just a waiting game now... Any day now...

I am not sure about the NK cells. I would have to check. I specifically asked to have my immune system checked so I hope they did. Are the NK cells elevated even when not pregnant? What natural things can help lower them? I wouldn't want to take steriods.

Happy, good luck on your delivery, I hope you have an easy and pleasant one.

I am not sure about the NK cells. I would have to check. I specifically asked to have my immune system checked so I hope they did. Are the NK cells elevated even when not pregnant? What natural things can help lower them? I wouldn't want to take steriods.

You can get pregnant when the NK cells are high, however, they will cause a miscarriage. In my case, that is why I miscarried several times. The medcine they gave me wasn't so bad, they gave me antimallarial drugs and a low dose of steroids plus intralipids. Steroids if taken short term should not make a negative impact on your health. The good thing about steroids is that it cleared some psoriasis I had and took all my joint pains away. On the negative side, it made me gain weight. I have only put on about 20lbs this pregnancy but most of it was at the beginning with the steroids. I don't think there is much to do for the NK cells naturally. I would do it all over again. In fact, I am crazy enough to even consider doing it all over again. Lets see how I feel after I pop this one out lol... perhaps I won't want to lol.

Looking for support.

You are welcome. For the quality of your eggs you can take Co-EnzymeQ10, which has no bad side effects whatsoever. It is actually good for you. Also what me and and another lady that also had a baby at 44 took is called DHEA. Those tablets are amazing. Look up on line Fertinatal and it is endorsed by one of the top IVF clinics in the world. Some clinics do use it. Some dont believe in it. I swear by it! Google the miscarriage clinic (that is the name) in London and they explain why we older ladies have recurrent miscarriages. He treats them with simple medicine and a simple (but rather expensive) blood test. Some women had had 6, 7, 10 even more miscarriages and he helped them have their miracle babies, as it is in my case. But there are other reproductive endocrinologists that would treat recurrent miscarriages with similar approach. My advice to you is... RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. Don't accept only one doctor's opinion. If I would have done that, i would not be having a baby. I was discouraged by the doctors I had, they said some mean things like I should just give up, I was old, my eggs were old... and if I wanted to go to another clinic and spend my money, go ahead, that there were plenty of clinics that were willing to take my money. I know the doctor was out of line but I am strong and that only fueled me to search even more. I did find a clinic that did take my money but delivered results. I had contacted doctors from all over the world. Research Dr. Malpani in India. He is so nice. You sign up to his forum/website and he gladly answers questions. I was thinking of going to India for IVF in desperation as I knew that I had to try several times to be successful and it would have cost me a fortune to do it several times here in London. In the end, I didn't have to do IVF but it was the old fashion way, not even ovulation tablets! I attribute it to the quality of my eggs because of the Co-Q10 and DHEA.
So ask questions, research, research. Lots of baby dust!

Ok, so I started taking CO Q10, an adrenal support with pregnenolone and dhea, resveratral, vitamin D, prenatals, fish oil when I'd remember and I was going to wait a couple months before trying again so eggs might be better quality. Well we ended up bding in the morning and I ovulated later that night. Today is 10 DPO and I spotted a little pinkish blood then a little brown which now seems to have stopped. I tend to spot at and after ovulation but this cycle wasn't much at all, just a couple days. I usually use progesterone but didn't. I am feeling some pressure in my uterus. Could it be...I told him not to get me pregnant, lol. I am all an anxious twitter. I did not want to be on the roller coaster this month.

Ok, so I started taking CO Q10, an adrenal support with pregnenolone and dhea, resveratral, vitamin D, prenatals, fish oil when I'd remember and I was going to wait a couple months before trying again so eggs might be better quality. Well we ended up bding in the morning and I ovulated later that night. Today is 10 DPO and I spotted a little pinkish blood then a little brown which now seems to have stopped. I tend to spot at and after ovulation but this cycle wasn't much at all, just a couple days. I usually use progesterone but didn't. I am feeling some pressure in my uterus. Could it be...I told him not to get me pregnant, lol. I am all an anxious twitter. I did not want to be on the roller coaster this month.

Melinda your chart is looking good too! You should test! I know you've been thru a lot this past year but maybe the coQ10 has made all the difference you needed.

Melinda your chart is looking good too! You should test! I know you've been thru a lot this past year but maybe the coQ10 has made all the difference you needed.

Got a little more brown discharge this morning but no red. I will wait until Friday to see if my period comes. If I implanted I think it was yesterday so it needs at least three days before I can do urine test. We have a trip scheduled in two weeks. I didn't want to fly in first trimester :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->