42+ pregnant?

Thanks Fandabby. I stopped the progesterone. No bleeding yet. Don't expect to for several days. Good thought about the iodine. I do take low levels of thyroid since it tend to run a little low.
I started taking dhea with adrenal supporting herbs, coq10 and b complex back in October/November and it helped with eliminating the spotting I have had from ovulation until AF since 2008 but this cycle was so long, ovulation at day 26 and my temps remained very elevated throughout the follicular phase. I used progesterone cream instead of the suppositories last month so not sure if that made a difference. This cycle I wasn't sure I had ovulated because I couldn't tell the temp shift, FF did. Once I had the implantation spotting I used the suppositories and still my progesterone was only 9. I was working a ton this cycle so I am hoping the stress caused problems with my cycle. Even before this cycle my temps remain elevated even through my period. I don't have the drop then start.
The reason I am thinking there is an estrogen issues was a study I found about implantation. The estrogen helps to thicken the endometrium and get it ready for implantation as well as helps the cells to produce a substance to "pull" the embryo into the lining. I implant so late makes me think my uterus is not full and inviting, lol. I want to grab the embryo earlier since studies show pregnancies have a better outcome with earlier implantation. They start getting the nutrients they need sooner.

Oh, I thought it was progesterone which prepared body for the fertilised egg. Our bodies are so intricate aren't they.

I hope you manage to sort it all out so you can achieve your dream.

As for temping I did do it I think with my third but this time around I haven't bothered. I was never asleep long enough to get accurate results so dropped that bit. In terms of tracking ovulation, I also bought one of the microscopes which looks like lipstick. To check for ferning on your saliva. Fascinating and not too expensive either. Worked for me. I would check my spit (how lady like) straight after my period and wouldn't see anything and then you see the slight ferning which is you entering your fertile window and then a few days later complete ferning which when backed up with a pee stick, bang on.

Anyway dear hope you get to sort your hormones and get that BFP.

Keep us posted.

https://www.medhelp.org/posts/Ferti...ve-Outcome-for-Pregnancy-after-45/show/390959

Look what I found, it made me smile with hope, so many happy endings :)

Melinda, good luck with trying to regulate your hormones. I used vitex and I think it help me, maybe you are already on it. When you go to an RE don't just go to one, find one you like and listens to you. I went to two, one said I had one% chance and he woun'd it unless I got donor egg and that wasn't a options for me. The second said I will do what you think is right for you and if you have a good number of eggs I would always go with your own first. So I went with the second and we start IVF withing the next few weeks. I was really hoping I'd get pregnant before but my DF has very poor sperm and I have a blocked tube so we would need a miracle, good thing I believe in miracles but it doesn't look like its this month. My temp is dropping and I did another HPT today and again it

I have a close friend having her 8th at 44... Naturally ..keep heart when it's meant to be its going to happen!

I am 47 (48 at the end of this month) and currently 35 weeks, 2 days. It will be my first baby and it was natural and not planned. She is healthy and the pregnancy has been a breeze! Don't give up, it can happen!

I am 47 (48 at the end of this month) and currently 35 weeks, 2 days. It will be my first baby and it was natural and not planned. She is healthy and the pregnancy has been a breeze! Don't give up, it can happen!

That's amazing. Congratulations!
Were your cycles regular?

Thank you for sharing! Good luck with your delivery

Wow! Fantastic! Thank you that - it cheered me up on a down day :) You must be so excited!

Amazing news, Congratulations and good luck with your delivery. Do you think you'll go on to having more?

Take care of you and babe on board.

We are trying to conceive. I just turned 42 and this thread has given me so much hope! I'm currently having acupuncture as I don't want lots of medical intervention. Lot of love and :dust: to all!

We are trying to conceive. I just turned 42 and this thread has given me so much hope! I'm currently having acupuncture as I don't want lots of medical intervention. Lot of love and :dust: to all!

Good luck.

Are you doing supplements too?

We caught just before I turned 42 last year, sadly lost, then caught straight after miscarriage. So I was 42.4. It's surely possible so stay positive.

:dust:

Hi all. It has been a very long time since posting. Wanted to update you on what's been going on. Since my last chemical in February my cycle has been wacky. Went to a new RE and she did an ultrasound and blood work. I had a large ovarian cyst and no ovulation in sight. She asked me to come back in three weeks to recheck. Just a few days later I had a sharp cramp and then some light bleeding for a few days. Had my follow up on Tuesday and I had a follicle measuring at 14 mm so she said I would ovulate in a couple days and my uterus was nice and thick. I believe I did on Thursday so I am back in the game. The TWW is soooo long.
Anyone that can join me?

Melinda how are you holding up? I hope better then me :(

I'm sorry about your chemical so much pain with the disappointment, at least now you are back! I hope you get good news soon!

I'm very nervous about my 2ww, I had a FET on Tuesday and today is day 5, and I'm really getting anxious, I was so positive the whole way and now all of a sudden I've just been fearful this might not have worked :(

Hang in there Bliss. I know how anxious you must be but you've got a great shot, right. Fingers crossed and prayers said.
I know the ups and downs are the worst. Ignorance is bliss sometimes. My temp was down this morning so I am already thinking well progesterone must not be high enough to get implant and sustain lining. Wish I could just find out I was pregnant at like ten weeks like so many younger women.
Thanks for waiting with me. I hope we get a few more ladies in our thread waiting as well.

Melinda! I tested this morning, I couldn't wait till beta test

I got a faint positive, barely there but still there! I know I'm not out of the danger zone yet with so many of us older girls having chemicals and yearly miscarriages, but I almost feel the hardest part was to get this BFP. I'm on estrogen patches and progesterone shots to support the pregnancy and I love my clinic, I feel I'm in good hands. The rest is up to God, like my embryologist said :)

Good luck to you this month and if things don't work out at least you are seeking help and I'm sure you'll do everything you need to do to get your dream. Keep me posted on your progress I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Omg that is so exciting Bliss. Congrats!
Are you still feeling anxious? I know I am. I still have a weeks wait. Had a little faint pink blood when I wiped tonight, sorry TMI but we tend to do that here don't we, lol. As well as over analyzing. If this were 9 DPO I would feel happy but it is only 6 DPO so anxious. I tend to spot after ovulation use to be daily until my period but has been better since last November. Now any spotting I get worried my uterus won't hold another implantation.

Oh don't worry, I'm the queen of over sharing ;) that fresh pink spotting can very well be implantation I have seen implantation dips on charts as early as day 5. I hope the spotting stops for your peace of mind, we do over analyze I'm still wondering if I'm still pregnant, I'm in a excitement/anxious/happy/worried state right now. I tested again yesterday and line was darker and I'm sure going to test again this morning and see my progress I'm so scared of a chemical, we've been down a long road first finding out my tubes were blocked then surgery to unblock then, only one unblocked to finding out DF had sperm issues to this IVF cycle that started in February and I'm not even going to say how much we spent. I just want it to be over this TTC

Trying to stay hopeful. But too many chemicals. Those darn chemicals. And my temp was down again today :-(
Are you still waiting until tomorrow for your beta? I am sorry for everything you've been through but how exciting now.

Don't lose hope Melinda this is just one cycle and its not over

I'm staying hopeful too :) I took another hpt and line is darker, now my beta is tomorrow already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->