42+ pregnant?

Update: I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I took one of the Wondfo tests. Don't like them as well as the First response but they are cheap. Was gonna get the FR today to take tomorrow. Anyhow, after about 15 minutes there is the faintest line. I am counting it as positive.
I don't have great feelings about this one since my ovulation was at 26 days and implantation at 12 DPO. Going to try and stay optimistic but prepare myself for another loss. It feels good to know I can get pregnant again at least.
Any examples of similar late ovulation/implantation leading to successful pregnancies would be greatly appreciated. Everything I read tends toward the opposite.

Good luck! I have a DD from a very very late ovulation cd 27/28 so I say stay positive and implantation could have happen before cd12

Ps I got a faint positive on Wondfo at 7dpo and that positive is now my 15 week old son! Xx

Update: I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I took one of the Wondfo tests. Don't like them as well as the First response but they are cheap. Was gonna get the FR today to take tomorrow. Anyhow, after about 15 minutes there is the faintest line. I am counting it as positive.
I don't have great feelings about this one since my ovulation was at 26 days and implantation at 12 DPO. Going to try and stay optimistic but prepare myself for another loss. It feels good to know I can get pregnant again at least.
Any examples of similar late ovulation/implantation leading to successful pregnancies would be greatly appreciated. Everything I read tends toward the opposite.

Good luck! I have a DD from a very very late ovulation cd 27/28 so I say stay positive and implantation could have happen before cd12

I know it happened day 12. I had implantation spotting, pretty textbook. Knew once I saw it I must be pregnant. Just been a long four day wait to confirm.
Thank you for letting me know about your late ovulation success story. It helps :hugs:

Oasis, thank you but I just took a hpt (12dpo) with 2nd MU and it was neg. I'm not satisfied until AF shows :)

Melinda, I only say that about implantation because I have read the stoping can come days after implantation and if you had brown specially it can indicate old blood.

Oasis, thank you but I just took a hpt (12dpo) with 2nd MU and it was neg. I'm not satisfied until AF shows :)

Melinda, I only say that about implantation because I have read the stoping can come days after implantation and if you had brown specially it can indicate old blood.

Oh, good point. It was a brown spot so I hope maybe you are right. I did also feel a crampy stabbing pain before the spot but I didn't chart it. I can't remember if it was Tuesday or the day before.

My last chemical pregnancy took six days after implantation to show faintly positive on a wondfo test. Hoping this will be a better outcome since it was positive (though faintly) earlier. Haven't told my hubby yet even, lol. He goes to work early before I get up :sleep:. It is nice to be able to share my news :wohoo:

WOW Melinda congratulation on your BFP, faint or not it is still a BFP.

As said before brown blood is old blood and sounds like implantation spotting. From spotting and getting your result sounds about right so keep positive thoughts in there that this one is a sticky lil babe here to stay and will be in your arms in 9 months.

Are you going to do more tests to see your line getting darker. You should upload your pics on here, I like looking at those two lines.

Keep us posted with your progess.

BBbliss, good luck with your testing, fingers crossed you get your result too.

How are things with you Oasis? Hope all good and escaping all the germs floating around.

I'm still tracking babe done on doppler each day which gives me peace. Still spotting not so much bleeding now. 11 Weeks this weekend so hopefully the longer I go the safer my pregnancy will be. Got my dating scan 13th Feb along with Nuchal test. Then once they confirm it's viable that's me in the system having 2 weekly bloods and scans until I delivery. Be a lot of running around as will need to travel to Birmingham Fetal Medicine every other but it will be worth it.

Anyway ladies enjoy your weekend and keep us posted with your updates.

Melinda,I'm really happy for your positive and keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Fandabby, I got here late and haven't followed your whole process but I'm keeping you and baby in my prayers, I hope for a happy ending for you. Hugs!

My AF should be arriving today, and ran out of frers lol so now I have to just wait and see if we have a miracle this months :)

Have a beautiful weekend ladies. Oasis, I love your baby pic :)

As said before brown blood is old blood and sounds like implantation spotting. From spotting and getting your result sounds about right so keep positive thoughts in there that this one is a sticky lil babe here to stay and will be in your arms in 9 months.

Are you going to do more tests to see your line getting darker. You should upload your pics on here, I like looking at those two lines.

How are things with you Oasis? Hope all good and escaping all the germs floating around.

I'm still tracking babe done on doppler each day which gives me peace. Still spotting not so much bleeding now. 11 Weeks this weekend so hopefully the longer I go the safer my pregnancy will be. Got my dating scan 13th Feb along with Nuchal test. Then once they confirm it's viable that's me in the system having 2 weekly bloods and scans until I delivery. Be a lot of running around as will need to travel to Birmingham Fetal Medicine every other but it will be worth it.

How do I upload the picture?
I did another Wondfo test this morning and it seemed even fainter than yesterday's :shrug: Not sure anymore. Maybe I will have to do a blood test to give me piece of mind. I forgot how anxious this makes me. If it comes back low I guess it was another chemical. I wish I didn't have to use the progesterone so my body would just tell me one way or the other.

I just joined this board hoping to find some support and good news. I have two children from a previous marriage (23 and 18). In 2011, I married my high school sweetheart and he does not have any children, so here we are on this journey. We conceived naturally 9 months before the wedding, but sadly we miscarried shortly after finding out we were pregnant. We have been ttc every since. Currently, I just finished a round of 50mg Clomid and started on 6mg of Estradiol. Our fingers are crossed that February is our month - along with tons of prayers!!

How do I upload the picture?
I did another Wondfo test this morning and it seemed even fainter than yesterday's :shrug: Not sure anymore. Maybe I will have to do a blood test to give me piece of mind. I forgot how anxious this makes me. If it comes back low I guess it was another chemical. I wish I didn't have to use the progesterone so my body would just tell me one way or the other.

If you go to the box where you type there is a paperclip where you see the control icons for changing text etc. Click on this and select your picture and submit it. It will then place it in the message.

Did you use first morning wee this morning? Did you drink much before going to bed. All this has factors on how strong your wee is.

I sometimes didn't use first morning wee, used second and only took a sip of water in the morning and then held my wee for like 3 hours. Came out proper yellow so I knew it was nice and strong for the test. Maybe give that a go.

Sorry you are feeling anxious, you are right this TTC game is very stressful!

Wish you well and hope your line gets darker. :hugs:

:dust:

I just joined this board hoping to find some support and good news. I have two children from a previous marriage (23 and 18). In 2011, I married my high school sweetheart and he does not have any children, so here we are on this journey. We conceived naturally 9 months before the wedding, but sadly we miscarried shortly after finding out we were pregnant. We have been ttc every since. Currently, I just finished a round of 50mg Clomid and started on 6mg of Estradiol. Our fingers are crossed that February is our month - along with tons of prayers!!

Wow, marrying your high school sweetheart, awesome. Really hope you get your BFP...

Here is my list of supplements I was taking getting myself ready for TTC.

Prenatal vitamins Fertilaid from Babystart

Calcium, Magnesium with Vitamin D3 - take 3 a day with meals. total dose taking all 3 are Vit D 400 i.u. Calcium 1,000mg, Magnesium 500mg

Mega B-100 Time Released Vitamin B Complex - 1 a day

CoEnzyme Q-10 30mg - 6 a day with meals

Royal Jelly 100mg - 3 a day with meals

Wheat Germ Oil 1130mg - 1 a day

Triple Mega 3.6.9 1200mg Active Omega Complex - 3 a day with meal

Vitamin D3 10,000 - 1 a day

Black Cohosh 40mg - 2 capsules twice a day with meal (only bought this after my miscarriage) From what I have read you are supposed to only take this up until ovulation. As I was still bleeding (bled for 7 weeks with miscarriage) I took it until I got my positive on ovulation.

Red Raspberry leaf 3 a day tablets. Stopped on ovulation.

Evening Primrose Oil. Stopped on ovulation.

When I got my positive for pregnancy I kept taking prenatals, the calcium mix, vit d3 and 1 of the omega tablets. Dropped everything else.

Hope you might get something helpful out of this. Whilst on clomid I know you can't take certain supplements I am presuming for lady hormones so black cohosh, red raspberry and not sure about evening primrose.

If you decide to do extra supplements you better talk it through with your doctor so you don't clash with your other things you are taking.

Good luck and keep us updated with your progress.

Thanks Fandabby.
Top strip is yesterday's bottom was today's. Just not feeling good about it. They were both with FMU. Had a blood test. Gonna be a long weekend. Feeling so sad. I thought it would make me happier knowing I could conceive again but another early loss sucks. It's like saying your eggs are passed their expiration date.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 14
Thanks Fandabby.
Top strip is yesterday's bottom was today's. Just not feeling good about it. They were both with FMU. Had a blood test. Gonna be a long weekend. Feeling so sad. I thought it would make me happier knowing I could conceive again but another early loss sucks. It's like saying your eggs are passed their expiration date.

Hi, I see what you mean with it being lighter. But then am sure mine in early days did that too and didn't see proper difference until I did them like 3 days apart.

I guess you'll know for sure when you get your blood results. Are you getting more done Monday to see if levels are going up.

Really hope levels are rising and not going the other way.

If you test again tomorrow try using second wee and don't drink just take a sip in morning to take thirst away and hold you wee for about 2-3 hours. You need proper yellow wee to test. Then guzzle your water down once you've done your test. I did this a few times in early days as wasn't convinced they were getting darker and I sometimes found my first wee was lighter than second so put it down to that.

Good luck my dear. I'll be thinking of you. :hugs:

Got my blood test back, it was ordered stat. The HCG was 2 and progesterone was 9. Looks like another chemical :-(

Got my blood test back, it was ordered stat. The HCG was 2 and progesterone was 9. Looks like another chemical :-(

Melinda, I'm so sorry ... I hope you are ok. It's such a bumpy road isn't it? But listen, this just wasn't a healthy strong egg, and next month your body could be letting go of that golden egg that is the right one. :hugs:

Thanks BBliss. I am ok was just so hoping this was going to be the one. I will be 42 in May and it just seems like my chance of having a baby of my own are slipping away. Trying to pick up the pieces and move on to next cycle. This last one was so weird surprised me we even fertilized. The odds were really against it but I guess you never know. I wish I could make my ovulation regular and implantation earlier. All four of my implantation have been day 10, 11, or 12 and all unsuccessful outcomes.
I am beginning to get concerned maybe I don't have enough estrogen. I know my progesterone has been low but since using it after ovulation my follicular temps have been higher, not a great biphasic chart. If anyone has any thoughts I would appreciate it.
Don't know if I want to go back to RE or not. Have a feeling they will not be very optimistic and push for IVF and donor eggs which I don't want to do.

Thanks BBliss. I am ok was just so hoping this was going to be the one. I will be 42 in May and it just seems like my chance of having a baby of my own are slipping away. Trying to pick up the pieces and move on to next cycle. This last one was so weird surprised me we even fertilized. The odds were really against it but I guess you never know. I wish I could make my ovulation regular and implantation earlier. All four of my implantation have been day 10, 11, or 12 and all unsuccessful outcomes.
I am beginning to get concerned maybe I don't have enough estrogen. I know my progesterone has been low but since using it after ovulation my follicular temps have been higher, not a great biphasic chart. If anyone has any thoughts I would appreciate it.
Don't know if I want to go back to RE or not. Have a feeling they will not be very optimistic and push for IVF and donor eggs which I don't want to do.

Sorry to hear your news dear. Bet you're gutted. :flower:

Have faith you will catch and have a successful pregnancy.

Not sure about estrogen, why do you think you are low? I always thought if you had low progesterone then you have estrogen dominance.

Can your doctor do bloods to check out your hormones and get you back into balance? I'm sure I read somewhere that Iodine helps regulate hormones, here just googled quickly; read this https://www.livestrong.com/article/454698-iodine-hormones/.

I went on iodine after my first was born and went on it for about 3 months. Might be worth looking into.

Have you stopped your progesterone now?

Will you be trying next cycle? Fingers crossed you get your BFP soon.

Take care of yourself. :hugs:

Sorry to hear your news dear. Bet you're gutted. :flower:

Have faith you will catch and have a successful pregnancy.

Not sure about estrogen, why do you think you are low? I always thought if you had low progesterone then you have estrogen dominance.

Can your doctor do bloods to check out your hormones and get you back into balance? I'm sure I read somewhere that Iodine helps regulate hormones, here just googled quickly; read this https://www.livestrong.com/article/454698-iodine-hormones/.

I went on iodine after my first was born and went on it for about 3 months. Might be worth looking into.

Have you stopped your progesterone now?

Will you be trying next cycle? Fingers crossed you get your BFP soon.

Take care of yourself. :hugs:
Thanks Fandabby. I stopped the progesterone. No bleeding yet. Don't expect to for several days. Good thought about the iodine. I do take low levels of thyroid since it tend to run a little low.
I started taking dhea with adrenal supporting herbs, coq10 and b complex back in October/November and it helped with eliminating the spotting I have had from ovulation until AF since 2008 but this cycle was so long, ovulation at day 26 and my temps remained very elevated throughout the follicular phase. I used progesterone cream instead of the suppositories last month so not sure if that made a difference. This cycle I wasn't sure I had ovulated because I couldn't tell the temp shift, FF did. Once I had the implantation spotting I used the suppositories and still my progesterone was only 9. I was working a ton this cycle so I am hoping the stress caused problems with my cycle. Even before this cycle my temps remain elevated even through my period. I don't have the drop then start.
The reason I am thinking there is an estrogen issues was a study I found about implantation. The estrogen helps to thicken the endometrium and get it ready for implantation as well as helps the cells to produce a substance to "pull" the embryo into the lining. I implant so late makes me think my uterus is not full and inviting, lol. I want to grab the embryo earlier since studies show pregnancies have a better outcome with earlier implantation. They start getting the nutrients they need sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->