42+ pregnant?

Ladies, if you are in the UK and if you can afford it... if you had failure to conceive, recurrent miscarriages or failed IVF's, you gotta read this article PLEASE!!! I am one of those women whom Dr. Shehata helped. Please read...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...th-miracle-son-suffering-20-miscarriages.html

Well even though I didn't think I ovulated for sure based on temps, my fertility chart says otherwise. Crazy enough, it says I ovulated the day my husband got back from his week long business trip to Japan which means I ovulated about 10 days later than usual (not that I really have a regular cycle). Oh please oh please let it have fertilized and implant. I so want to be pregnant.
Anything I should do to help the implantation to happen?

I'm also working with acupuncture and Chiropractor team that apparently has an AMAZING success rate together... they have been doing fertility stuff for 10 years together and can count on only one hand the women that did not get a baby...so I am hopeful

Well even though I didn't think I ovulated for sure based on temps, my fertility chart says otherwise. Crazy enough, it says I ovulated the day my husband got back from his week long business trip to Japan which means I ovulated about 10 days later than usual (not that I really have a regular cycle). Oh please oh please let it have fertilized and implant. I so want to be pregnant.
Anything I should do to help the implantation to happen?

Part of my supplements was coq10 which i read helps cellular energy so could help egg implant. Once got bfp I stopped taking it. Make sure you stay hydrated with plenty of water to ensure good blood flow. Fingers crossed for you dear. Keep us posted. :dust:

Hi all I'm 46, almost 11 weeks, conceived naturally (spontaneous) at 45 (last egg before I turned 46). Just saw my ob/gyn, she says I am her record holder so far, and so far so good. I have two kids already 13 and 16. So there will be a gap : D.

Good luck to all! Scans thus far have been good, and baby appears healthy.

Congrats notrustyet! Girls are so much fun.

Hi Rashaa! How are you doing? Did you have your baby? My little girl is now 7 months old (I posted pics in my original post p 34 at bottom, July 1st) and I'm remembering you and maybe hoping to have another! I'll be 45 soon, and you may recall I have a 13 year old (AS) and now the baby, but it would be lovely to have 2 children close in age.

I'm still breastfeeding though, had a little bleeding last week so I think my cycles are trying to start back up (no O yet) Baby is sleeping longer at night so I may actually ovulate soon, I'm going to keep track of fertile cm, then check for LH surge. I'm torn because this baby is likely my last and I don't want to rush and wean her but some info I've come across says BF can hinder implantation and/or fertility and make luteal phase short.

Can you tell me what your cycles were like when you concieved at 45? Had they changed at all from earlier 40's? looking forward to hearing from you!

I agree with melly - don't get discouraged. Last year ( I was 41) I got pregnant twice without 'trying' and although both ended in m/c, I believe it was due to the MTHFR mutation I have. And now I am pregnant again and this is the first time I have had nausea, constipation, gas, burping (all the nasty stuff) and fatigue - never happened with the other 2 because the stopped growing at 4and 5 weeks.

Just keep trying and I hope you get your :bfp: soon.

Nolagyrl1913 I know this is old but how did you find out about your MTHFR mutation? I mean what prompted you to get that tested? I've heard it's possibly linked to autism. How does it affect fertility?

Also, what does "PARL in third trimester' in your profile stand for?

Rashaa did have her beautiful boy... not sure she comes by BNB much but I will let her know you are asking

Ok crazy time. I had a little brown spot in my panties. Either implantation or period is coming. This has been such a weird cycle, it will be nice to have an answer one way or the other. Fingers crossed.

Hi Rashaa! How are you doing? Did you have your baby? My little girl is now 7 months old (I posted pics in my original post w/in month of my due date or so, 6/13/13 and I'm remembering you and maybe hoping to have another! I'll be 45 soon, and you may recall I have a 13 year old (AS) and now the baby, but it would be lovely to have 2 children close in age.

I'm still breastfeeding though, had a little bleeding last week so I think my cycles are trying to start back up (no O yet) Baby is sleeping longer at night so I may actually ovulate soon, I'm going to keep track of fertile cm, then check for LH surge. I'm torn because this baby is likely my last and I don't want to rush and wean her but some info I've come across says BF can hinder implantation and/or fertility and make luteal phase short.

Can you tell me what your cycles were like when you concieved at 45? Had they changed at all from earlier 40's? looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi Notrustyet,

I haven't been on in what seems like a millenium! My cycles are and have been very consistent all through my 40's. I haven't seen the changes that some of my friends and ladies here have seen. The issue for me was a fibroid and I had very heavy periods for over a decade...it has gotten better now [in flow] but my cycle is still dead on. I OV between day 10 and day 11. I tracked my cycles for years on the fertility website...and there was not much deviation. Hope this helps. I am taking a break for a few months, breastfeeding, and will be revisiting my cycle when we try for a last one...

I used a chiropractic and acupuncture with a modified diet, all of which helped me conceive, I believe.

I will update my sig. soon too :) Baby was born 9/13/13.

Has anyone here gotten pregnant at 42, 43, or even older and successfully had a healthy baby?

I heard that the placenta degenerate quickly after 40 weeks ,so doctors have to interrupt pregnancy after that day.

Ok crazy time. I had a little brown spot in my panties. Either implantation or period is coming. This has been such a weird cycle, it will be nice to have an answer one way or the other. Fingers crossed.

Could be implantation, fingers crossed. When do you test?

Could be implantation, fingers crossed. When do you test?

I am hoping my temps continue to rise and no period so my body will tell me it's positive but this cycles temps are too weird so guess I will test in three days if I don't start bleeding. But I have been pregnant after what seemed like a five day period but was just heavy implantation bleeding so I will probably test either way :winkwink:
This morning no bleeding. The spotting was yesterday afternoon. Getting excited, anxious, and worried. I haven't done any progesterone this cycle because I couldn't tell I ovulated and I am thinking the progesterone cream I used last cycle has thrown off my temps this one. Should I start the suppositories? Don't know. Don't want to delay my period if it is coming but also don't want miss the opportunity to get the progesterone if I need it. What to do?:shrug:
I want :dust:and :bfp:

I am hoping my temps continue to rise and no period so my body will tell me it's positive but this cycles temps are too weird so guess I will test in three days if I don't start bleeding. But I have been pregnant after what seemed like a five day period but was just heavy implantation bleeding so I will probably test either way :winkwink:
This morning no bleeding. The spotting was yesterday afternoon. Getting excited, anxious, and worried. I haven't done any progesterone this cycle because I couldn't tell I ovulated and I am thinking the progesterone cream I used last cycle has thrown off my temps this one. Should I start the suppositories? Don't know. Don't want to delay my period if it is coming but also don't want miss the opportunity to get the progesterone if I need it. What to do?:shrug:

When I got my BFP that is when I started the progesterone cream (self medicating).

When is your period due? Do you have any early tests like 10miu?

I'm excited for you, hope you get your dream come true.

Keep us posted. :dust::dust::dust::dust:

When I got my BFP that is when I started the progesterone cream (self medicating).

Thanks Fandabby. My period should have come today. So far nothing. I hate going to the bathroom. Every time I wipe I look for that dreaded red stuff :nope: I have the pregnancy tests from amazon. If I implanted yesterday, when do you think I should test with those strips?
How are you doing? Still spotting? You must be filled with anxiety.

I

Thanks Fandabby. My period should have come today. So far nothing. I hate going to the bathroom. Every time I wipe I look for that dreaded red stuff :nope: I have the pregnancy tests from amazon. If I implanted yesterday, when do you think I should test with those strips?

Hiya, they say 3 days for hormones to increase so maybe saturday. If you test sooner you may get a squinter. I was terrible started testing 7 days after I got my positive on ovulation pee stick. Got a squinter at 8dpo then on 10dpo lot clearer. There is a website canyouseealine.com you can upload tests to for free. The different views makes it easier to see. Let me know when you test and I'll take a look. Good luck... :hugs:

AFM last few days has been spotting lightly before that was a mix of red and brown blood. Still wearing pads. Been going on so long now have accepted it.

To top that found a lump down below this morning whilst showering and my glands under right arm up too, same side as other lump. Booked in with doc for monday morning. I thought this morning now what.... quite tender, must be hormone linked.

Anyway dear keep me posted and good luck testing. :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Good luck when you test Melinda. Everything crossed for you:) xxxx
Fandabby hope all is ok with you:) xxxx

I

Hiya, they say 3 days for hormones to increase so maybe saturday. If you test sooner you may get a squinter. I was terrible started testing 7 days after I got my positive on ovulation pee stick. Got a squinter at 8dpo then on 10dpo lot clearer. There is a website canyouseealine.com you can upload tests to for free. The different views makes it easier to see. Let me know when you test and I'll take a look. Good luck... :hugs:

AFM last few days has been spotting lightly before that was a mix of red and brown blood. Still wearing pads. Been going on so long now have accepted it.

To top that found a lump down below this morning whilst showering and my glands under right arm up too, same side as other lump. Booked in with doc for monday morning. I thought this morning now what.... quite tender, must be hormone linked.

Anyway dear keep me posted and good luck testing. :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Fandabby, are you using progesterone suppositories? When I've used them in the past I had that happen where my inguinal lymph nodes swelled up on my right side. Didn't have it in my arm pit though. I think I figured out it was a reaction to the base the progesterone was in. It was a waxy substance. Changed to a coconut oil base and I didn't react. It is your immune system reacting to something. Hope you get some answers. Let us know.
My temp went up this morning but I used a progesterone suppository yesterday so can't hang my hat on it. I could help myself. Woke up and peed on a stick. I am sure it will be negative (too soon). I wished my boobs were swollen and tender :-(. Would like some good signs.

Update: I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I took one of the Wondfo tests. Don't like them as well as the First response but they are cheap. Was gonna get the FR today to take tomorrow. Anyhow, after about 15 minutes there is the faintest line. I am counting it as positive.
I don't have great feelings about this one since my ovulation was at 26 days and implantation at 12 DPO. Going to try and stay optimistic but prepare myself for another loss. It feels good to know I can get pregnant again at least.
Any examples of similar late ovulation/implantation leading to successful pregnancies would be greatly appreciated. Everything I read tends toward the opposite.

Congrats!! I know many women with successful late ovulation pregnancies and the standard implantation is 6 to 12 days so looks like you're right on track! Am hoping for myself this month. Last month my luteal phase was only 8 days but apparently that's normal so soon after a birth so hoping this month will be different xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->